Larranaga Wants Public Disclosure of NIL Deals | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Larranaga Wants Public Disclosure of NIL Deals

The godfather himself Marvin Harrison drove around in a Lexus truck during my time on the Hill

Syracuse has been in the sewers as well.
Read “Out of their league” by SU FB alum Dave Meggessy.(sp?)

in classic greek tragedy the protagonist's downfall is primarily brought about by his own actions.
the reverberations of foolish or misguided decisions do ultimately come back to rain down dire unforeseen consequences upon their cursed head. (poor oedipus )
now we can see how the NCAA through their own selfish desire to ever expand their revenue may well have caused their own demise. greed. in days past college sports at least wore the cloak of AMATEUR athletics. UNPAID. and those who tried to bribe or pay players were punished. then came TV contracts and early entry and the one and done lottery gamble. all this really did was to strip the college game of it's upper class stars. and please don't tell me the college game ain't diluted of talent and is better today than when the likes of a derrick coleman or billy owens or pearl stuck around for at least a couple seasons ! imagine college hoops with no magic. no bird. no ewing, olajuwon or larry johnson ,etc.etc. and now comes the N.I.L. and open fisted payouts. ! well kiss college sports goodbye.
now i don't watch the NBA. way overpaid dudes playing a meaningless kid's game. it's pure entertainment for some .a gambling problem for others. but of no real value or importance to me or the world..
and i promise i won't watch college sports once it becomes all about the money. waste of my time.

They stopped governing and started raising revenue.

Regardless, it would appear there will be an ever-upward spiral of cashflow.

And, by the way, on 60 Minutes last night Charles Barkley said he foresees a college basketball scenario soon with 25 teams able to "afford" top players and the other schools on the sidelines.

Then maybe we can do the same thing in politics. (Sorry- didn't mean to hijack the thread.)

i missed the dunks last night but did watch the trey contest. first off...split screen 2 shooters is impossible to track. secondly the winner was a guard from detroit mercy (jamesthuesanyone) named antoine davis who was absolute money .set a record for most 3 pointers in D1 . (but he lost to the girl). anyways the reason the post ends up here was that this kid APPLEBY who was also a shooter is apparently getting a big check from APPLEBEES. this is where i do agree the NIL has some merit . as far as i know APPLEBEES CEO isn't an alum. this is one instance where i agree a player should legitimately get paid for endorsement. and not bought.

i missed the dunks last night but did watch the trey contest. first off...split screen 2 shooters is impossible to track. secondly the winner was a guard from detroit mercy (jamesthuesanyone) named antoine davis who was absolute money .set a record for most 3 pointers in D1 . (but he lost to the girl). anyways the reason the post ends up here was that this kid APPLEBY who was also a shooter is apparently getting a big check from APPLEBEES. this is where i do agree the NIL has some merit . as far as i know APPLEBEES CEO isn't an alum. this is one instance where i agree a player should legitimately get paid for endorsement. and not bought.
I'm guessing you didn't follow college hoops very closely this season.

Davis was a big story since the first of the year. He came within 5 points of breaking Pistol Pete's all-time college scoring record.