Lasalle 62 Villanova 61 (5 Minutes to Go) FS1 | Syracusefan.com

Lasalle 62 Villanova 61 (5 Minutes to Go) FS1

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Only scoreboard watching as I dont get FS1, but might bear watching for those who do have it.

Nova scores a quick 6, to go back up by 5.

Let's go BJ.

BJ 21 and 7. I’m really glad he isn’t playing for us still. He would be of no use.
upload_2017-12-11_6-43-33.png

One of the worst lopsided officiated games!!! Or just flat our cheating!! 35 -5 FT attempts favoring nova. At one point it was 17-1 in attempts.
For example

I see you guys have the mighty Mercer Bears up next. I hope BJ has a great game but can't cheer against my alma mater :)

One of the worst lopsided officiated games!!! Or just flat our cheating!! 35 -5 FT attempts favoring nova. At one point it was 17-1 in attempts.
For example
This has been going on for some time, unfortunately. Free throws can be a good indicator of aggressiveness. And no doubt Nova has quick guards who who can get into the paint and wreck havoc. They're a good team, and I'm not suggesting that there's any grand conspiracy.

That said, the college game is not called the way it should be, and Nova has a history of taking advantage. Running their guards into bigs with their hands up in the air shouldn't get a whistle unless the contact is initiated primarily by the defender. Just because a defender is moving doesn't mean its a foul if the defender has established legitimate position. But it often seems that Nova guards initiate contact and still spend 3/4 of the game at the line. NBA refs usually have no problem with this. At the college level, Nova is the poster boy for mighty-mite guards running into defenders and making a living off the refs.

Last edited:
This has been going on for some time, unfortunately. Free throws can be a good indicator of aggressiveness. And no doubt Nova has quick guards who who can get into the paint and wreck havoc. They're a good team, and I'm not suggesting that there's any grand conspiracy.

That said, the college game is not called the way it should be, and Nova has a history of taking advantage. Running their guards into bigs with their hands up in the air shouldn't get a whistle unless the contact is initiated primarily by the defender. Just because a defender is moving doesn't mean its a foul if the defender has established legitimate position. But it often seems that Nova guards initiate contact and still spend 3/4 of the game at the line. NBA refs usually have no problem with this. At the college level, Nova is the poster boy for mighty-mite guards calls making a living off the refs.

I’m going with the grand conspiracy option because the grand incompetence argument is actually more depressing

Remember when the one ref, I think his name is Tony who would ref the SU games at the Dome and would make horrendous calls against us. This was 10x's worst. The turning point in the game was that we were up 62-61 with booth attempting a 3, the defender put his hands straight up not even touching him and a foul was called bailing him out giving them 3 from the line putting them up 2 with about 3minutes. We didn't convert our next possession and they hit an open 3 to go up five around 2min mark. I've played against Nova coming off there championship years and the fact that this game was called the way it was another notch in the belt of horrible refereeing or cheating your choice. I know what I saw as a basketball fan not just a LaSalle guy. I #1 team shouldn't need that much help from the refs.

Remember when the one ref, I think his name is Tony who would ref the SU games at the Dome and would make horrendous calls against us. This was 10x's worst. The turning point in the game was that we were up 62-61 with booth attempting a 3, the defender put his hands straight up not even touching him and a foul was called bailing him out giving them 3 from the line putting them up 2 with about 3minutes. We didn't convert our next possession and they hit an open 3 to go up five around 2min mark. I've played against Nova coming off there championship years and the fact that this game was called the way it was another notch in the belt of horrible refereeing or cheating your choice. I know what I saw as a basketball fan not just a LaSalle guy. I #1 team shouldn't need that much help from the refs.

4107129121_0686d192d9_b.jpg

Reading between the lines, he and his family nixed the red shirt option.
Apparently he nixed the redshirt option himself. I think his dad felt he should listen to the staff and redshirt. Ah well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom