last night we all saw why melo... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

last night we all saw why melo...

You think they put Shump on him? I wonder; guess it depends on the guys out there. But Pierce is a little taller, and doesn't really do a lot of dribble penetration. I'd rather put Shump on Rondo.
I guess maybe in that scenario Melo would guard Pierce?

i think the cancer patient comment was crossing the line (even if its true), but sex talk about a player's wife/gf? ehhh, i think melo overreacted, im sure that kinda trash talk is more common than we think. you dont think larry bird or reggie miller or gary payton said similar things on the court? of course they did. considering how melo reacted it was a genius move by kg, fake tough guy or not.

i think the cancer patient comment was crossing the line (even if its true), but sex talk about a player's wife/gf? ehhh, i think melo overreacted, im sure that kinda trash talk is more common than we think. you dont think larry bird or reggie miller or gary payton said similar things on the court? of course they did. considering how melo reacted it was a genius move by kg, fake tough guy or not.
Yea, and I cant believe what he said to Tim Duncan. How low can you be as a person to say something about someones recently deceased mother?

Yea, and I cant believe what he said to Tim Duncan. How low can you be as a person to say something about someones recently deceased mother?

thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the line, i didnt know about that till this thread.

I think so. I'd rather put size on Pierce than quickness.
Yea, regardless Shump will help because we wont have a weak link against quick guards on the perimeter especially when Felton also comes back. Our whole defense breaks down when our perimeter guys cant hang with quick guards. Kidd/Prigs are good in limited minutes but they clearly struggle against quick guards and when playing big minutes.

Punk Move. If I were a Knicks fan I'd be pissed, if for no other reason than I wouldn't want my leading scorer putting himself in a position where he could get his a$$ whipped and end up missing court time. Stupid. Plus he's probably going to get suspended anyway.

Punk Move. If I were a Knicks fan I'd be pissed, if for no other reason than I wouldn't want my leading scorer putting himself in a position where he could get his a$$ whipped and end up missing court time. Stupid. Plus he's probably going to get suspended anyway.
Love it. Got the team amped up. I wish the Knicks wouldve sent in crazy eyes to put Pierce back into an overdramatized unnecessary wheelchair charade. The Knicks do however need to back it up next time they play Boston.

LOL - in whats sports? AYSO? Pop Warner?

Melo is an idiot - he just gave every team a road map on how to throw him off. Dumb dumb.

I would assume by his reaction that there's some history w/ Lala and KG...so not sure if every team can pull that off.

I would assume by his reaction that there's some history w/ Lala and KG...so not sure if every team can pull that off.

"Yo melo tell me how lala's ass taste. Nevermind I already tasted it."

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I guess its better than what Lebron had to deal with that final year in Cleveland. Man, the NBA is on some serious soap opera type #### lately lol.

Honestly though its a joke if Melo gets suspended. KG will obviously walk free, dude can just say whatever he wants because he knows people cant throw punches unless they wanna miss 20 games and noone will come after him when the game ends...errrr nevermind. KG is a trash talking fake thug who called Villanueva a cancer patient and made a yo mama joke to someone who lost their mother a week earlier to breast cancer. Someone needs to lay this degenerate pos out. How Melo didnt knock him out during the game I have no idea, dude implying he has or is f###ing his wife and hes supposed to take it? Theres no HR dept in the NBA, maybe the league should look into a guy who has had this happen about 20 times in his career vs a guy who while not squeaky clean isn't the type to take it to this level.

How hard did Melo smack the honey nut cheerios out of his son's mouth this morning?

"Not in this house!!!!!"
Its so strange, yet messed up lol. Who says that? Im assuming theres some kind of twisted meaning behind it.

Its so strange, yet messed up lol. Who says that? Im assuming theres some kind of twisted meaning behind it.

world star hip hop let me in on some interesting "facts" about LaLa. Apparently she really made her way up the chain. Wanted to be famous and ballin in a big way and went from dating scrubs to rotation players...to stars very quickly.

KG is following the path of Bruce Bowen, defensive-antics wise. He's one year away from purposely putting his foot under shooters feet as they land.

There is such a fine line between dirty and good play... but some guys cross it so often.

Honestly though its a joke if Melo gets suspended. KG will obviously walk free, dude can just say whatever he wants because he knows people cant throw punches unless they wanna miss 20 games and noone will come after him when the game ends...errrr nevermind. KG is a trash talking fake thug who called Villanueva a cancer patient and made a yo mama joke to someone who lost their mother a week earlier to breast cancer. Someone needs to lay this degenerate pos out. How Melo didnt knock him out during the game I have no idea, dude implying he has or is f###ing his wife and hes supposed to take it? Theres no HR dept in the NBA, maybe the league should look into a guy who has had this happen about 20 times in his career vs a guy who while not squeaky clean isn't the type to take it to this level.
My opinion on this for what it's worth...
1. Talking about the guy's wife - totally fine. As an NBA player you have to be able to handle that. It's par for the course.
2. Calling Charlie a cancer patient - that's pretty bad, but at least he is saying it right to Charlie, who is a grown man and used to being trash talked and can defend himself.
3. The Duncan thing really bothers me. It is just waaaayy over the line. Now, I've heard different versions of this, one being that KG was delivering his usual stream of insults and had no idea about TD's mom and felt awful about it afterward. The other version is that he knew exactly what he was saying. So...who knows.

Re a previous poster who says that you 'never back down or show weakness', I agree. But the way to do that is just keep playing. Not letting it totally your game and then getting suspended.

How Melo didnt knock him out during the game I have no idea, dude implying he has or is f###ing his wife and hes supposed to take it?
Yes. He is supposed to take it. You're quite naive if you think trash talking in all sports doesn't cross over to personal attacks, including attacks on spouses. Melo let it get to him. It worked. KG 1, Melo 0.

Yes. He is supposed to take it. You're quite naive if you think trash talking in all sports doesn't cross over to personal attacks, including attacks on spouses. Melo let it get to him. It worked. KG 1, Melo 0.
Its different when someone just says it flippantly or when someone says it with a meaning behind it. KG said some weird stuff, definately seemed to have a meaning behind it.

KG must have said some really inside that only peeps on Melo's inner circle know about. For Melo to go off like that..it was more than just "your wife tasts like Honeynut cheerios". KG said something that really struck a nerve and Melo was on tilt.

Standing at the bus, where he knows he's not going to be able to get him, but he's just going to look dumb...wrong choice. He looks dumb and probably gets suspended.

Fighting him on the court? That would also be dumb in todays NBA as he'd get a ridiculously long suspension.

He should've just found a way to hit him with an elbow, flagrant foul, undercut, etc. as part of a "basketball play"...would lower the fines/suspensions and he'd actually get to hurt KG(who deserves it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom