last night we all saw why melo... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

last night we all saw why melo...

I don't expect people on this board to know who Avery Bradley is considering he has only played three games this season. With that being said, I agree with everything you said about him. Top 3 perimeter defender in the league. Celtics beat Heat last year if Avery doesn't get hurt in Round 1. Very underrated player.

As for the Knicks, they are a different team with Amare. I don't think it's in a good way either.

I know full well who Avery Bradley is. He was the top rated guy for his class coming out of high school mostly because of his ability to lock up any and everyone in the country positions 1-3. He was hyped pretty good coming out of Findlay Prep and had a somewhat disappointing year at Texas sharing minutes with the Turkish guy at the point. They couldn't play together because neither one of them could shoot a lick and Barnes had more talent than he knew what to do with. Was one of the worst managed rotations I've ever seen that year for a team that was absolutely loaded. Bradley has improved his offense, but that was always way way behind his skill set on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know how you can say Celtics beat Heat if Bradley plays when Bosh didn't play in games 1-4 and barely in game 5. It would be one thing if Wade had this great phenomenal series, but he didn't. Bosh not playing allowed the Celtics to play 5 on 4 on defense and have Garnett roam around and cut off the driving lanes for Wade and Lebron forcing them to shoot jumpshots, jumpshots that were always heavily contested because their defenders were up on them tight knowing they had the help defense waiting to stop the drive behind them. Bosh comes back for games 6 and 7, Garnett can't roam the floor and actually has to cover his match up, Heat win. Bradley is a great, great defender, but lets not get carried away and say he would have won the series, especially when you could say the same thing about an Olympian, perennial all star who was out for the Heat. I like Bradley a lot and think he probably gives the Celtics a lot more confidence in the event they move Rondo. By all accounts Rondo is bad for team chemistry and not well liked by many on his team or off. I would like to see Boston move Rondo and try to get some good young talent to help build around going forward. I think with Bradley as your point guard you'd be more than alright, and would be better off getting young players who can build good chemistry who are talented. Its tough to do that right now because Rondo makes Garnett Pierce and the rest of the old guys on the Celtics life so much easier because he creates offense for them and puts less pressure on them to create their own at this point in their career.

Anyways, Celtics are always a tough out in the playoffs but the Knicks are the only ones who are going to be a serious threat to Miami. Especially with Shumpert coming back and then Felton in the rotation as well they have a lot of quality depth and guys who seem to know their roles. The Heat need to make a move and bulk up inside, the Pacers and Bulls have embarrassed them on the boards lately. Heat and Knicks are head and shoulders above the rest of the east. The Knicks at full strength are really tough, and this is coming from a pretty big LeBron fan.

It was a 7 game series. With Bosh healthy, it's a different story. I agree. But if Avery played and Bosh was still hurt, I believe the Celtics win. Just my opinion. I won't argue with you over something that can't be proven.

Everybody seems out of touch about what's really going on here.

Melo got disrespected. Everybody has a line. I'm Jewish so I will not tolerate anti-Semitic comments if I feel the person saying it really feels that way. Melo plays a lot and hears a lot of trash, especially as a star. But THIS got to him. Every real man has a breaking point, every respectable man has boundaries. If you feel disrespected as a man then basketball is secondary. Melo was standing up for HIMSELF AND HIS FAMILY. He was not acting on behalf of the NBA, other people's opinions, David Stern's opinions, talking head opinions, or even the NY Knicks.

Logically you may say that other teams now have a road map to get to him, but emotionally players will think twice about dissing him, because they know he might flip. It takes balls to stand in front of the other team's bus to talk, security guards or not. He showed that he doesn't give a who Kevin Garnett is or what the Celtics reputation is, you don't disrespect Carmelo Anthony.

He grew up today. I'm proud of him.

And players won't think twice about talking trash to him either. He didn't do anything but show that trash talk can affect his game.

It was a 7 game series. With Bosh healthy, it's a different story. I agree. But if Avery played and Bosh was still hurt, I believe the Celtics win. Just my opinion. I won't argue with you over something that can't be proven.

Fair enough I respect that. I agree with Bosh out and Bradley healthy Heat probably don't come back.

The only thing melo proved is that he is a bitch. This is no different than when melo slapped that guy and fled. If Melo was being a man - as some of you silly kids are claiming - he would have popped the guy on the court when the comment was made and then squared up with kg. instead he waits till after the game when he knows that security and team management will surround him, ensuring no brawl takes place. And now kg and the league know that if you brag about tossing his wife's salad he'll go 6-26 and generally be useless. Good to know since half the starters in the league have done so.

As for the poster above who says this event proves melo is a man...sweet lord. Let's not hope you are entrusted with the development of a young man because I see dark days ahead for that kid. Scary moment for the board.

Melo is turning the nba into the wwf. Love it.

Fair enough I respect that. I agree with Bosh out and Bradley healthy Heat probably don't come back.

Sure, I'd agree with that. But if Al Horford is healthy maybe the Celtics don't make it out of round 1, and if Derrick Rose is healthy I'm almost positive they don't make it out of round 2.

Bradley is really good on the perimeter. There was a stretch late third quarter where the Knicks could barely initiate an offense.

Sure, I'd agree with that. But if Al Horford is healthy maybe the Celtics don't make it out of round 1, and if Derrick Rose is healthy I'm almost positive they don't make it out of round 2.
Agreed

The only thing melo proved is that he is a bitch. This is no different than when melo slapped that guy and fled. If Melo was being a man - as some of you silly kids are claiming - he would have popped the guy on the court when the comment was made and then squared up with kg. instead he waits till after the game when he knows that security and team management will surround him, ensuring no brawl takes place. And now kg and the league know that if you brag about tossing his wife's salad he'll go 6-26 and generally be useless. Good to know since half the starters in the league have done so.

Have to agree with Stan. If something said is so egregious and over the line that you want to fight you do it when it is said. You don't wait and go to the bus afterwards. By doing so what it tells me is that Melo either 1) did not want to get suspended or 2) did not want to actually fight. Both of which means that it wasn't so over the line that his judgement was clouded. He clearly thought it through.

Have to agree with Stan. If something said is so egregious and over the line that you want to fight you do it when it is said. You don't wait and go to the bus afterwards. By doing so what it tells me is that Melo either 1) did not want to get suspended or 2) did not want to actually fight. Both of which means that it wasn't so over the line that his judgement was clouded. He clearly thought it through.

agreed. kg keeps getting called out on here for being a fake tough guy, yet melo is the guy who waits till after the game to confront him by waiting outside the team bus where you know nothing will happen. oh how ironical!

agreed. kg keeps getting called out on here for being a fake tough guy, yet melo is the guy who waits till after the game to confront him by waiting outside the team bus where you know nothing will happen. oh how ironical!
Melo went right at Garnett during the game and then walked straight to the Celtics locker room at the final buzzer until Kurt Thomas grabbed him and held him back. Then he went to the Celtics bus because he wanted to talk to him in person. Thats what a man does, we dont know for sure he wanted to fight him, but he wanted KG to man up and if he wanted to say something Melo wasnt about to let him just walk away.

Melo was ready to wait for Garnett in his own locker room. That definately shows balls imo.

Did you see the final buzzer and Melo walking straight into the opposing teams tunnel? Kurt Thomas had to grab him while some other Knicks forced Melo to walk with them. He was ready to wait for Garnett in the Boston locker room. Since he was forced to walk away he then decided to wait for Garnett at the team bus.

Based on all the games I have seen Melo play, despite his physical play he is a pretty likeable dude that most opponents get along with. You more often see him scuffle or argue with officials than opponents. Of course you see plenty of trashtalk but this might have been one of the first times someone really went after him verbally in a game with malicious intent to get him to react. Its something he needs to prepare for, especially when having the kind of season he is. Its a good experience for him to get a taste of what Lebron got the whole series from Danny Granger last year in the playoffs.

Is pathetic that Garnett goes as low as he does but I think this also was just a little something new to Melo. Welcome to life as an MVP candidate Melo- there will be more this season where that came from.

As for the poster above who says this event proves melo is a man...sweet lord. Let's not hope you are entrusted with the development of a young man because I see dark days ahead for that kid. Scary moment for the board.

Melo is turning the nba into the wwf. Love it.

Whatever. Sometimes it boils inside of you for a bit before you need to explode. As the posters below said, he had words on the court and went after him in the tunnel.

Sometimes you can't control what affects you. So your options are:

1) Have it affect you and ignore it
2) Have it affect you and stand up for yourself

Which one is the submissive guy and which one is the dominant guy?

I was the guy who said Melo is becoming a man. In my opinion your child rearing method raises a punk or a bitch, so to each his own.

isnt a superstar.

Yes because acting like a thug doesn't make you a superstar in the NBA. Please tell me your kidding. If that were the case Ewing and Iverson wouldn't have been superstars.

Yes because acting like a thug doesn't make you a superstar in the NBA. Please tell me your kidding. If that were the case Ewing and Iverson wouldn't have been superstars.

The argument might be more that getting rattled and thrown off your game means you aren't a superstar.

i don't buy it in this case, but that could be it

Melo should have kicked the punks ass.

Everyone in this thread should go listen to the Simmons/Jalen Rose podcast asap.

Well, at least the Melo/KG/Trash talk stuff.

The "meet me at the bus" stuff is common in NBA circles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom