Last thing on the call | Syracusefan.com

Last thing on the call

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
The refs have actually done a great job this year enforcing the new block/charge rule. Almost every time you see a borderline play they've been calling it a block. That's why I didn't have a problem with the Parker/G call. Yea G had position and his feet set before Parker started his upward motion and according to the letter of the law it should have been a charge. But it was close and in those situations I think you should always reward the offensive player. Unless the offensive player is obviously out of control and barrels into the defender and throws up a wild shot that has no chance of going in it should always be a block. I've always thought if the offensive player makes the shot it should never be a charge. How out of control can he be if the shot goes in? The offensive player should always get the benefit of the doubt on any of those bang bang plays. In previous years the defender would get the benefit of the doubt, this year the offensive player has been getting it. Until cj fair with 10 seconds left making one of the best and most clutch plays of the year.

That's why examining hoods position or his feet is a waste of time. It was close, it was borderline, cj moved to his left to avoid the charge, he made the shot, that's been called a block all year, it was called a block earlier in the game when the defender had even better position, plays like that are why they changed the rules. CJ got completely messed.

I'm done. Let's beat Maryland.