Last time Syracuse got a 5 star | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Last time Syracuse got a 5 star

I think he was only a 2* actually. KJ Williams on the other hand was another 4*, who never even made it here.

Only a 2? Wow. Talk about outperforming your rank. If he could have stayed on field, he probably would have been in the record books at the position.

A much less fun list that would have a bunch of names would be a list of 4 star guys who committed and either A. never made it to campus, B. got kicked out of school before contributing, C. Never lived up to their 4* ranking.

Averin Collier, Lavar Lobdell, Jermaine Pierce, Jonny Miller?, AJ Long, Alin Edouard. Who am I missing...
This ^^^^ right here is the entire reason I gave up following recruiting.

As I recall, Moten was a two-time first team Washington Post All Met in Football and Basketball. I'm pretty sure he was picked as a DB but was also and end at Carroll HS.

Morant is the first one that I can recall reading about on the internet in high school and getting excited about. Remember him going off for like 150 and 2 tds against UNC in the opener his senior year and thinking he was gonna finally be unstoppable and it never really happened. Think he had 3 more tds all year and like 7 in his entire career.

Later on in life his mom fed a man to a tiger.

I knew it!

Hello all you cool cats and kittens. By the end (and beginning and middle) I really wanted to punch her.

I think he was only a 2* actually. KJ Williams on the other hand was another 4*, who never even made it here.
Mike Wiliams was actually discovered by Mike Hopkins. He wasn‘t quite good enough to get a scholarship for basketball at Syracuse but Mike saw him play hoops, knew he was a great athlete, and also knew he played football. He recommended him to the football program and the rest is history.

Mike Wiliams was actually discovered by Mike Hopkins. He wasn‘t quite good enough to get a scholarship for basketball at Syracuse but Mike saw him play hoops, knew he was a great athlete, and also knew he played football. He recommended him to the football program and the rest is history.
Maybe they should’ve sent Hop to lure Williams back to campus from Turning Stone like he used to do with Paul Harris in NF.

That's an interesting story! I had no idea. Get Hop out on our football recruiting trail again. Who cares if he's out west. :cool:

If there were star rankings when Morant was in high school he wouldve absolutely been a 5 Star I think. he was the consensus 2nd or 3rd best WR in the country.

Still pissed the moron twins burned Morant's redshirt

Maybe they should’ve sent Hop to lure Williams back to campus from Turning Stone like he used to do with Paul Harris in NF.

Mike Williams has nothing on Drew Allen when it comes to Turning Stone trips

I remember sitting there at Met Life going, "What the hell is this?!' He lost his starting job before the game even ended.
I mean it was bad baaaad like I get it was his first game but I was watching like oh boy

I think we had a good chance of beating PSU if Hunt had been the starter, we stayed in the game because of our defense and PSU benching their star WR for the first half. I know we didn't exactly have a good cast of WRs and McFu**it was a moron. but Allen had a good OL and running game to work with at the very least, he was hideous.

scroll down and it shows all time commits. its crazy how all of our top 9 didn't make it or were disappointments (minus the Diamond Ferri BC game)

I pat myself on the back reigniting this thread just because i liked the Ali Culpepper joke.

As an aside, fingers crossed we can pass Rice in the 2021 rankings...that would be huge

When is the last 5 star we even had a real shot at?

A much less fun list that would have a bunch of names would be a list of 4 star guys who committed and either A. never made it to campus, B. got kicked out of school before contributing, C. Never lived up to their 4* ranking.

Averin Collier, Lavar Lobdell, Jermaine Pierce, Jonny Miller?, AJ Long, Alin Edouard. Who am I missing...

A. Broyld

We have not had one during the online recruiting services period starting roughly with the 2002 class.

Johnnie Morant mentioned above is the most recent, and guys like Scott Freeney, Rob Konrad and Dulayne Morgan were all at that level as well.

Sampson in this class is our first Army AA ever so that's something to be excited about.

I thought DeVito was one of those, too.