Latest Crystal Ball Predictions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Crystal Ball Predictions

Even minus Tyus and OB that's a formidable looking group for sure.

But who's going to be that true star to lead the group?
Guerrier? Goodine? Carey?
Are any of them All American good? All ACC?
That's what we'll find out.

It's going to be Hughes and Carey

There's going to be a lot of promising talent, that's for sure.
I feel like we are still a player or two away, though, or for this group to spend another year together before they could make their run.

This group is middle of the pack 6 or lower seed. Solid but not great.

Solid group, agree NOT amazing and not top 3-4 in ACC , BUT i would tell you Carey is major upgrade to Frank.
All depends on Carey, Goodine, Quincy

Carey won't be in Frank's league defending at the top of the zone.

Dreaming, what are you hearing on the HW transfer front? It makes sense, but I would think most here dont want to see it happening.

I'm little disappointed in C, but I know Stewart was always a longshot at best. Overall, it fits the trend for Syracuse. I don't know enough to make a qualified opinion, but my unqualified opinion is that I'd a like a talented offensive center again even if it means he's not a superstar shot blocker. I'm sure Boeheim's statistics show that blocking shots is more important than getting offense out of a center.

That's predicated on experience, not talent. Carey has much more lateral quickness and when he becomes more acclimated to the nuances of the zone and how to position himself, he will be as elite a defender as there has been in that position. IMO.
That's predicated on experience, not talent. Carey has much more lateral quickness and when he becomes more acclimated to the nuances of the zone and how to position himself, he will be as elite a defender as there has been in that position. IMO.

Frank aside, you think Carey will be as elite a defender as MCW or Triche? Here's hoping he gets there but IMO it's a tall order to think he'll be as good on D as on O or as either of those two guys. Not too many guards are.

Carey is/was much quicker then Frank and a better defender from day one on campus in my humble opinion but cannot see Carey staying 4 years like Frank either.
Frank led the team last year in steals.

Frank aside, you think Carey will be as elite a defender as MCW or Triche? Here's hoping he gets there but IMO it's a tall order to think he'll be as good on D as on O or as either of those two guys. Not too many guards are.

I think he can be, absolutely. MCW I'd say would be a good comparison, except I think Carey has a better looking jumper at this stage.

He's just as quick (maybe quicker) and while not quite as long, has some instincts too.

Triche was very good and a four-year player, so tough to compare. Not sure Carey stays much longer than two.

Frank led the team last year in steals.
I agree Frank is really good in the zone but it wasn't something that just happened, I tend to agree more with SUFan44 Frank has learned the how to play the zone and his length certainly helps. Carey also won't be around till he is a senior either.

Carey has a long way to go. Those games in NYC he was playing mostly improvising and/or garbage time. He has better natural ability than Frank but I’m frankly underwhelmed by his quickness/speed so far. Maybe he’s just figuring things out and afraid to get pulled. Or maybe we’re not going to truly be playing fast anymore.

Good players coming in but elite enough to excel in this system? Especially if more raw C are playing? I feel like almost every offensive possession is guys running around for their lives trying to find some open room to do what they do. Shot clock keeps winding down. WAY too much standing around and dribbling stationary or without a purpose. Very few offensive plays and sets aren’t a struggle, IMO. And when they aren’t it’s usually off a selfish launch from no pass.

There's going to be a lot of promising talent, that's for sure.
I feel like we are still a player or two away, though, or for this group to spend another year together before they could make their run.
Are you kidding me? Carey and Hughes are already pretty damn good, and Carey oozes raw talent and moxie. The kid is gonna be a star next year. Add Guerrier to the mix, plus Marek, sophomore Buddy, and Goodine, and next year’s team is gonna have definite top 25 potential.

Carey has a long way to go. Those games in NYC he was playing mostly improvising and/or garbage time. He has better natural ability than Frank but I’m frankly underwhelmed by his quickness/speed so far. Maybe he’s just figuring things out and afraid to get pulled. Or maybe we’re not going to truly be playing fast anymore.

Good players coming in but elite enough to excel in this system? Especially if more raw C are playing? I feel like almost every offensive possession is guys running around for their lives trying to find some open room to do what they do. Shot clock keeps winding down. WAY too much standing around and dribbling stationary or without a purpose. Very few offensive plays and sets aren’t struggle, IMO. And when they aren’t it’s usually off a selfish launch from no pass.

Well we really have no true PG and it seems no offensive plays other the pick and roll. This team is building towards elite with the kids coming and already here if they keep staying 2 or 3 years like the last 2 years with Oshae and Tyus.

Frank’s very impressive in the zone and looks improved this year.

I wouldn’t compare Jalen to Frank, polar opposites imo. Jalen’s got a much higher upside, but Franks a seasoned vet. Jalen seems like a more dynamic volume playmaker, Frank’s a pace controlling facilitator.