Latest Palm Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Latest Palm Bracketology

SU a 4 seed - in the East. But in the Spokane pod.

East seeds:
1 - Michigan (so who knows since their game is still going on)
2 - Nova
3 - Kansas
4 - Syracuse

Top seeds in Buffalo - Nova (2), Cinci (3), KY (6), Baylor (who plays Pitt) (7)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
What is with his continual love affair with Cincinnati?
Top 50/51-100
Cincy 6-5, 3-1
SU 7-2, 8-1
SU has got to be ahead of Cincy.
But if that gets us a chance to be in MSG alright.

I thought exactly the same thing. Never even considered that scenario.
I kinda did. This would make sense. If we win 2 to get to MSG, we'll have earned it, arguably don't really deserve Buffalo...

Lunardi has Virginia (2) and Syracuse (3) in the East - does the clown not know bracketing rules prohibit that?! Just reported at halftime of Florida game on ESPN.

I just think Virignia will be #1 or #2 in the East. And that means we cannot get the East/

Just remember that Palm is a principles based bracketologist, not eye-test based. So am I, but the committee has all but admitted that is the way they are doing things this year.

Palm will not put Virginia as the 1/2 in the East because it is inconsistent with what he is said. He is a professional, and its more important for him to stay consistent with what he does. He can't make a change based on what they said -- because more will question him saying "you should have known that". Its better for him to defend the position afterwards.

Lunardi has Virginia (2) and Syracuse (3) in the East - does the clown not know bracketing rules prohibit that?! Just reported at halftime of Florida game on ESPN.

Are you serious -- what a twat.

ESPN College BBall‏@ESPNCBB3 mins
Updated Top 4 seeds by region (@ESPNLunardi): pic.twitter.com/UQZPgkudVf

Bi4B1u8CAAEKaGG.jpg

these are real posts from the "expert" bracketologists???

I need to put my application in

We are not going to be in the East.

Period

End of story.

lunardi is a moron like he thinks we are still in bigeast

I am certain Lunardi knows the rule, but making that mistake is just horrible cross checking.

SU a 4 seed - in the East. But in the Spokane pod.

East seeds:
1 - Michigan (so who knows since their game is still going on)
2 - Nova
3 - Kansas
4 - Syracuse

Top seeds in Buffalo - Nova (2), Cinci (3), KY (6), Baylor (who plays Pitt) (7)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
Michigan is getting spanked by MSU. This is going to screw up Palm's bracket. UVA will be the #1 not Michigan, which means SU can't be in the East. Damn.

Looks like you guys have the NCAA selection rule change from last year mixed up. The rule change states the following:
"Teams from the same conference that played only once during the season can now face each other as early as the third round of the championship. Subsequently, teams from the same league that met twice during the year will not potentially play each other until the regional semifinals. Also, teams from the same league that played each other three times during the course of the season cannot play until the regional championship game."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...s-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

Thus Joey Brackets #3 in the East w/Virginia is entirely permissible. Let's go Orange!

Looks like you guys have the NCAA selection rule change from last year mixed up. The rule change states the following:
"Teams from the same conference that played only once during the season can now face each other as early as the third round of the championship. Subsequently, teams from the same league that met twice during the year will not potentially play each other until the regional semifinals. Also, teams from the same league that played each other three times during the course of the season cannot play until the regional championship game."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...s-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

Thus Joey Brackets #3 in the East w/Virginia is entirely permissible. Let's go Orange!

They loosened things on seed line 5 and below. They tightened things on line 4 and above. Top 4 seed conference mates cannot meet until the final 4.

From the same article you linked

"Under the new principles, each of the top four teams selected from a conference will be placed in separate regions, only if they are seeded on the first four lines. This replaces the principle that separated the top three teams from a league regardless of the teams’ placement within the bracket".

I'd assume the 1-4 rule supersedes that.

But doesn't the statement I posted above (Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines.), which comes before the statement you quote above, override your quote for the top 4 teams? Otherwise, these rules contradict each other. I can see teams meeting in your quote above, but I believe my quote is specific to the top 4 teams from a league. So UVA and SU could not be top 4 in the same region. Unless I am totally misreading it.

But doesn't the statement I posted above (Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines.), which comes before the statement you quote above, override your quote for the top 4 teams? Otherwise, these rules contradict each other. I can see teams meeting in your quote above, but I believe my quote is specific to the top 4 teams from a league. So UVA and SU could not be top 4 in the same region. Unless I am totally misreading it.
I think you're right. The rule posted above probably has to do with 5-16; but the rule with 1-4's would come into play before the other rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom