Latest thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest thoughts

Who do you want the most regardless of class

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Umd is going after jordan very hard, its not lie we can just swoop in and take jordan if we want., and who knows he could be a kid that waits until the pring as well. The staff wont be left out in the dark. Jordans a big strong guard 6-4, nba athletcism and plays very hard needs to work on his jumper but great in pick and rolls

Admittedly have never seen Jordan play, but at 6'4 NBA athleticism and is great with pick and rolls, sounds pretty similar to Waiters. Would a dream scenario ever happen where we could get Jordan nd Ennis both and have Ennis play point and Jordan the combo guard? That seems to be a formula JB likes. A true point and then a combo guy along side him to ease the burden of primary ball handling duties. Francis said there's a chance they try bringing in another guard, but I doubt Jordan or Ennis would commit to a school the other one has already committed too. Lol please tell me there's a tiny chance I could be wrong.

Lol I would love to get Jermaine Lawrence. I think it's because the others have been on the radar and discussed a lot more. It's too bad you think he might be a long shot, everyone seems to be raving about his play the last couple weekends. I'm interested to see some film or highlight tapes on him. Francis what do you think his ceiling is in terms of immediate impact and next level?
Didn't say he was a longshot, just depends if his mother who is calling the shots isn't turned off by SU with the off the court issues. Plus remember CJ and Grant will still be around. His recruitment will be interesting for sure.

Francis - according to the site at the top here, they have Rysheed's composite rank significantly ahead of Ennis (4.7 v 4.3). How do you view the two? I have heard Ennis compared to Edelin who would you compare Jordan to?

Do you think the coaches could do a switch, consider Rysheed to be their number one pg target? Get on him while it could still be considered early, the schools currently listed aren't generally considered in SUs class (-well maybe 'Nova used to be but isn't right now). The idea that they identified Ennis early does not look like it will result in an early commit.

SU had the luxury of being patient with DC2. For '12 they had Fab, Rak, and BMK scheduled at center. For '13 SU has only MCW slated at pg.
You seem to be advocating patience for Ennis, as apposed to my preference of SU going first person to commit between Jordan and Ennis, why?
I'm advocating patience for Ennis because the whole staff as a whole from JB, Hop and Red, have spent a long time building a relationship with him and his people. You don't recruit a kid and then kick him to the curb just because he doesn't drop on his knees and commit asap. As Paulie P mentioned, Maryland along with Nova and Temple have been recruiting Jordan the hardest at this point. He's not going to commit to SU if he speaks to JB tomorrow. Just like Ennis and the majority of the recruitments, it'll be a process that will play itself out. I don't see what's the big deal if Ennis wants to wait until the summer or after. As long as he does his due diligence and makes a decision no later than September/October we'll be fine. If he decides to wait until next spring then yes we should get worried, but until then I'm chillin :)

I'm advocating patience for Ennis because the whole staff as a whole from JB, Hop and Red, have spent a long time building a relationship with him and his people. You don't recruit a kid and then kick him to the curb just because he doesn't drop on his knees and commit asap. As Paulie P mentioned, Maryland along with Nova and Temple have been recruiting Jordan the hardest at this point. He's not going to commit to SU if he speaks to JB tomorrow. Just like Ennis and the majority of the recruitments, it'll be a process that will play itself out. I don't see what's the big deal if Ennis wants to wait until the summer or after. As long as he does due diligence and makes a decision no later than September/October we'll be fine. If he decides to wait until next spring then yes we should get worried, but until then I'm chillin :)
I'm not suggesting kicking Ennis to the curb. I'm suggesting that while SU waits that they make a strong push for R Jordan.

Jordan is ranked higher across the board. It seems like Jordan is better but the staff has been involved with Ennis longer.

Right now R Jordan only has MD, Temple, and 'Nova after him. SU is a clear cut above. It is a slightly different recruiting strategy of coming in semi-late and taking a kid that is starting to blow up. Usually SU identifies the kid real early in the process (is Ennis) and holds on. But this is the advantage of rising into the elite and becoming a selector school. SU can now say "seriously kid you have now outperformed the MDs and Temples of the world and are being considered by SU". After years of having the Sam Perkins and Ken Andersons of the world snatched away, it would be nice to be on the other side.

While Jordan won't commit tomorrow if JB talks to him there might be some value in being the first elite school in the mix. I also think having a little competition for this open spot might help in bringing about a commitment before Spring.

I didn't vote in your poll, because I didn't see Rysheed Jordan as an option.

I see Jermaine Lawrence isn't getting any love on the polls lol. He could be the most talented player that SU lands for 2013. Just goes to show you how highly the 2014/15 classes are thought of.
it's all about the rankings, you didn't get the memo?

Didn't say he was a longshot, just depends if his mother who is calling the shots isn't turned off by SU with the off the court issues. Plus remember CJ and Grant will still be around. His recruitment will be interesting for sure.

My fault must have misinterpreted your post. I'm with you on Ennis. Dropping him now and going after Jordan full blast is the quickest way to burn bridges. It's still relatively early and I'm sure the staff has a much better idea of the situation than the board. I'm excited to see who we end up with when it's all said and done.

I'm not suggesting kicking Ennis to the curb. I'm suggesting that while SU waits that they make a strong push for R Jordan.

Jordan is ranked higher across the board. It seems like Jordan is better but the staff has been involved with Ennis longer.

Right now R Jordan only has MD, Temple, and 'Nova after him. SU is a clear cut above. It is a slightly different recruiting strategy of coming in semi-late and taking a kid that is starting to blow up. Usually SU identifies the kid real early in the process (is Ennis) and holds on. But this is the advantage of rising into the elite and becoming a selector school. SU can now say "seriously kid you have now outperformed the MDs and Temples of the world and are being considered by SU". After years of having the Sam Perkins and Ken Andersons of the world snatched away, it would be nice to be on the other side.

While Jordan won't commit tomorrow if JB talks to him there might be some value in being the first elite school in the mix. I also think having a little competition for this open spot might help in bringing about a commitment before Spring.

I didn't vote in your poll, because I didn't see Rysheed Jordan as an option.
So you would've voted for Jordan when you've never seen him play and because of his rankings?

it's all about the rankings, you didn't get the memo?
You're right. JB and crew don't even need to go out and evaluate anymore. Just check out who Rivals and ESPN have at the top and then go for it ;)

You're right. JB and crew don't even need to go out and evaluate anymore. Just check out who Rivals and ESPN have at the top and then go for it ;)

and Francis says of course! :)

yea let's screw over Ennis for Jordan and lose Briscoe while we are at it

did bjorn highjack Sgt Cuse's account?

and Francis says of course! :)
I do???? lol rivals rankings are quite comical at times. DC2 isn't even a top 25 player according to them smh. I could understand not having him in the top 10 but he's a definite top 20 player in 2012.

I do???? lol rivals rankings are quite comical at times. DC2 isn't even a top 25 player according to them smh. I could understand not having him in the top 10 but he's a definite top 20 player in 2012.
They had him like the 5th ranked center. Rivals sucks.

So you would've voted for Jordan when you've never seen him play and because of his rankings?
You make it sound so cheap. But, yes, the rankings are my main influence. My selection was going to be based on need and rankings.

Jordan's ranking crushes Ennis' -composite 4.7 to 4.3 - (your personal no comment on the situation also speaks volumes). Ennis reports have described an unathletic Edelin type, not my personal favorite. And now Ennis handlers have the audacity to tell SU they are going to have to wait. What's Ennis done to deserve so much love around here?

The warning signs on Ennis have come out - heavy parental involvement, brother commitment issues, talk of a delayed decision. The SU staff needs to view their invested time as a fixed cost and objectively evaluate this situation as it currently stands. It's not too late to swoop in and grab Jordan. Not the staffs usual MO, but that just adds to the charm - shows SU is a selector school.

I stand by my decision, please count this as a write in vote for Rysheed Jordan.

yea let's screw over Ennis for Jordan and lose Briscoe while we are at it

did bjorn highjack Sgt Cuse's account?
Hey, Ennis started it.

As for bjorn, obviously he did not take the NN situation well. And by thinking he would have my back here is troubling.

Heavy parental involvement is a major warning sign? Not everyone's parents are like tobias Harris's, its not like his parent are steering him somewhere ...he never set a date so how can he have already delayed one?...hes not his brother, everyones case is a different one. Ennis was the nj player of the year over the likes of kyle anderson, ive seen the kid play many times and hes a hell of a player. The staff has the right main target and were in great shape. Patience my man

You make it sound so cheap. But, yes, the rankings are my main influence. My selection was going to be based on need and rankings.

The warning signs on Ennis have come out - heavy parental involvement, ..., talk of a delayed decision.

There is no delayed decision. The kid is picking HIS college. It is his time table. Forced decisions are often regretted. Heavy parental involvement is a negative to you. R U Fi'ng kidding me. Would that all young people have their parents involved in helping them make the big and important choices in their lives.

no I meant the coaches should recruit off of your opinions, not off of rivals or scout... I agreed with you thoughts on JB and team ignoring the rankings and going off of their opinions. Thought that was nuts to recruit higher ranked players solely based on that ranking.

no I meant the coaches should recruit off of your opinions, not off of rivals or scout... I agreed with you thoughts on JB and team ignoring the rankings and going off of their opinions. Thought that was nuts to recruit higher ranked players solely based on that ranking.
Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess JB should take the sargent on the road with him so we can step our recruiting up lol.

Jordan's ranking crushes Ennis' -composite 4.7 to 4.3 - (your personal no comment on the situation also speaks volumes). Ennis reports have described an unathletic Edelin type, not my personal favorite. And now Ennis handlers have the audacity to tell SU they are going to have to wait. What's Ennis done to deserve so much love around here?

The warning signs on Ennis have come out - heavy parental involvement, brother commitment issues, talk of a delayed decision. The SU staff needs to view their invested time as a fixed cost and objectively evaluate this situation as it currently stands. It's not too late to swoop in and grab Jordan. Not the staffs usual MO, but that just adds to the charm - shows SU is a selector school.

I stand by my decision, please count this as a write in vote for Rysheed Jordan.
Wowww. Ok first of all on Ennis vs Jordan, I've watched four full games of Ennis and one game of Jordan. Obviously it wouldn't be fair to compare the two when I haven't seen Jordan enough at this point. Jordan is more athletic but he's more of a scoring guard than a pure PG. On the other hand Ennis is a terrific PG, something that JB is really looking for, who will thrive with great players around him. There is a reason why his team is the only undefeated team in the nike EYBL so far. I have respect for the Dave Teleps and Evan Daniels of the world but I rather watch these players myself and gather my own opinion. You've every right to form your own opinion and I respect that. You just have to realize that JB and crew are pros at this and if they think things with Ennis might go south, then they'll have no problems moving on and finding somebody else. Rysheed Jordan isn't the only quality guard left out there, but since you love the rankings I guess the other options might not be good enough for you, am I right?

Wowww. Ok first of all on Ennis vs Jordan, I've watched four full games of Ennis and one game of Jordan. Obviously it wouldn't be fair to compare the two when I haven't seen Jordan enough at this point. Jordan is more athletic but he's more of a scoring guard than a pure PG. On the other hand Ennis is a terrific PG, something that JB is really looking for, who will thrive with great players around him. There is a reason why his team is the only undefeated team in the nike EYBL so far. I have respect for the Dave Teleps and Evan Daniels of the world but I rather watch these players myself and gather my own opinion. You've every right to form your own opinion and I respect that. You just have to realize that JB and crew are pros at this and if they think things with Ennis might go south, then they'll have no problems moving on and finding somebody else. Rysheed Jordan isn't the only quality guard left out there, but since you love the rankings I guess the other options might not be good enough for you, am I right?
Ideally, I would have like another ballhandler in '12 to learn the ropes but since the only one listed is a 2.7, I am not thrilled with that option.

Actually, what started this was the opposite of what you suggest. I was willing to take someone slightly less rated than Ennis but in a more timely fashion. The thinking being that SU absolutely needs a decent '13 pg. The most likely way you end up getting burned is if you get strung along waiting for a particular recruit and then get snubbed. Looking at possible competition R Jordan came up. The more I researched, the more I liked the option.

I believe the situation SU is in with the pg for '13 makes waiting out a Spring decision by Ennis a deal breaker. You get spurned and you're looking at the 2.7's of the world (see 2012 for example). SU should get a least a 4.0 or better out of a Fall commitment. I'm sure the staff is putting together their list and ranking them. I was just trying to do the same.

Heavy parental involvement is a major warning sign? Not everyone's parents are like tobias Harris's, its not like his parent are steering him somewhere ...he never set a date so how can he have already delayed one?...hes not his brother, everyones case is a different one. Ennis was the nj player of the year over the likes of kyle anderson, ive seen the kid play many times and hes a hell of a player. The staff has the right main target and were in great shape. Patience my man
Yeah, I don't get that comment either. God forbid we start thinking that a parent who is involved in his or her child's decision on what school they attend is a red flag.

Francis I heard today Bishop Kearney here in Rochester is getting a 6'10 transfer from the D.C. area (possibly SEEDS kid). I will post when I know more (year, name, etc.) but I like the fact that BK is doing this. We seem to have a good relationship going with them thus far with Obokoh and Bryant. Maybe this kid will be in our wheelhouse as well.

SU fans may like it, but I guarantee the public schools that have to play these "recruited" athletes will not be happy. Section V is one of the few sections that allows private/parochial schools in their sectional tournaments and it is it is a very contentious issue. I believe that BK plays an independent schedule and are not affiliated with a specific league, which would enable them to upgrade their schedule with out of town match ups. That would be attractive to recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom