Latest thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Latest thoughts

Who do you want the most regardless of class

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't blame BK for trying to establish more of a regional or even national reputation but in the eyes of public schools it creates very unfair competitive advantages. As a pure fan however, it is fun to have a team in our area with this kind of talent. But as a public school guy, feel sorry for the public high school coaches who have to try to compete with these kinds of programs.

I think the whole Kentucky semi-pro phenomenon is going to make a large number of elite recruits wait until spring - at least as long as Cal remains at Kentucky.

How long can Cal last... the longest APR period is 4 years. In the meantime, I'm waiting for leaks of all the payouts to start.

I see Jermaine Lawrence isn't getting any love on the polls lol. He could be the most talented player that SU lands for 2013. Just goes to show you how highly the 2014/15 classes are thought of.

Hey, Francis. I'll join the others in thanking you for the insights... good to hear the real story on these guys.

As far as Lawrence, SU's been on a tremendous roll lately with bigs (other than NN). We need someone to back up X-mas and DC2 and take over inside. Lawrence looks like a great candidate.

This zags link makes it seem like every high major from Pay Pal on down is on him. http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/28/jermaine-lawrence-is-close-to-being-unguardable/ What do you think SU's prospects are with him? And is there a vid?

Ennis' passing skills and court vision are on another level. He makes everyone on his team better. Don't get so caught up on the current rankings by the recruiting services. The '13 class of rising seniors rankings will change substantially after the summer AAU season. Ennis is tearing it up and looks like a top 3 PG in the class. His ranking will rise quite a bit, probably top 20 in the country. He has said he will make his decision in the fall, probably October. That timing is quite normal. SU has a great shot. I'm sure the staff also has a back-up plan. Just chill.

Is Kane the player from DC that is considering Bishop Kearney. If so, forget what I said about the concerns of public schools, let's bring this kid to upstate NY!

Hey, Francis. I'll join the others in thanking you for the insights... good to hear the real story on these guys.

As far as Lawrence, SU's been on a tremendous roll lately with bigs (other than NN). We need someone to back up X-mas and DC2 and take over inside. Lawrence looks like a great candidate.

This zags link makes it seem like every high major from Pay Pal on down is on him. http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/28/jermaine-lawrence-is-close-to-being-unguardable/ What do you think SU's prospects are with him? And is there a vid?
Haven't seen any good recent video of him. On his recruitment, it seems as you mentioned that everyone is on him now. As I mentioned before, winning over his mother and figuring out how he fits in with the other forwards CJ and Grant will be key.

Haven't seen any good recent video of him. On his recruitment, it seems as you mentioned that everyone is on him now. As I mentioned before, winning over his mother and figuring out how he fits in with the other forwards CJ and Grant will be key.

Ok, appreciate the reply, Francis.

In reading your comment about 'fit', I'm trying to understand why CJ or Grant (both SF's) would be in Lawrence's way. Last year, CJ got plugged in at the 4 b/c KJ was the SF starter and there were minutes at PF with X-Mas being on a slow development curve. Now that KJ's gone, I had assumed that CJ would take over there (Grant to backup). Do you agree with this?

And if so, wouldn't the staff be looking at a 6'10" guy to backup X-mas and play next to DC2 for a year and then take over PF?

Thanks again for all the information, Francis.

Ok, appreciate the reply, Francis.

In reading your comment about 'fit', I'm trying to understand why CJ or Grant (both SF's) would be in Lawrence's way. Last year, CJ got plugged in at the 4 b/c KJ was the SF starter and there were minutes at PF with X-Mas being on a slow development curve. Now that KJ's gone, I had assumed that CJ would take over there (Grant to backup). Do you agree with this?

And if so, wouldn't the staff be looking at a 6'10" guy to backup X-mas and play next to DC2 for a year and then take over PF?

Thanks again for all the information, Francis.
Lawrence fits into that 3/4 combo mode just like CJ and Grant. As you mentioned Rak is there at the 4. Lawrence's stock is on the rise and he'll definitely look for a place where he can come in and start. Not sure SU can provide that for him right away. Which is why Adam Zagoria recently stated that Rutgers n Cincy are the two favorites at this point. No worries about minutes and instant impact at those schools.

I hear you but Section III right in Syracuse allows the same. I am not saying it's fair but nobody is stopping these privates from doing it so you can't really complain. BK has moved up to AA for next year which is the highest classification in NYS.

It happens more in the public schools. It only becomes an issue if the parents in the school district make a big stink. Apartments, living with relatives "temporarily", or a district friend of the program is well known but pretty well ignored too.

Fwiw. I hear we are recruiting Ennis and Jordan. First come, first serve.

Jake, that is very interesting. Hopefully one of them bites quickly and gets the ball rolling on 2013.

It happens more in the public schools. It only becomes an issue if the parents in the school district make a big stink. Apartments, living with relatives "temporarily", or a district friend of the program is well known but pretty well ignored too.
See DeWitt, Jamesville. Bernard Blunt and DC to name 2.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Fwiw. I hear we are recruiting Ennis and Jordan. First come, first serve.

Whew. Thank God. Looks like the staff knows what they are doing afterall. Besides, it looks like we are the clear favorite for Ennis at this point (see Orangeyes Tuesday recruiting section). Sarge can sleep at night now.

Whew. Thank God. Looks like the staff knows what they are doing afterall. Besides, it looks like we are the clear favorite for Ennis at this point (see Orangeyes Tuesday recruiting section). Sarge can sleep at night now.
What gave you that idea? the 35 years of 20+ wins per season or the fact they offered more than 1 guard. Personally I'm shocked to find out that they NOW, know what they are doing, because before they didn't have a god damn clue.

It's not over yet. In a perfect world the staff would close out with the Rysheed commitment. The Ennis camp is leaking a out a retraction of that Spring nonsense but I hope the staff takes the opportunity to close on RJ. It's a matter of preferred styles, Edelin vs Flynn. I'll take Flynn.

The odds to get R Jordan just shot up. This is great news.

It's not too late to get some more write-in votes to get R Jordan.

I love Ennis's game. Not flashy above the rim style, but he has great skills. Love point guards that have a flair for distributing and can penetrate. Having said that, I haven't seen any tape on R Jordan but he doesn't appear to be a pure point and would need more time to develop those skills. I think Ennis could come in from Day 1 and get the job done.

I'll take the winner and champion

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
exactly, and what we are seeing with Ennis is he is consistently a winner, in these tournaments recently and at St Benedicts

I think Ennis could come in from Day 1 and get the job done.

Agree. I think Ennis would be deadly right out of the gate with the talent SU would put on the floor with him.

Agree. I think Ennis would be deadly right out of the gate with the talent SU would put on the floor with him.
But isn't the real question "how good will they be in 2014 and beyond"? The plan/hope is for MCW to stay two more years.

The ceiling on the taller and more athletic RJ far exceeds that of Ennis.

But isn't the real question "how good will they be in 2014 and beyond"? The plan/hope is for MCW to stay two more years.

I believe we once had a shot at low ceiling kid who we turned down named John Stockten. I haven't see tapes of Jordan, but I want a baller who can make others better for my PG. Ennis seems to be the real deal sure thing. Unless Jordan has bona fide mega-potential, I will take the real deal guy.

that's like just your opinion man

What this team needs going forward is a floor general and Ennis fits the bill, Jordan's game sounds more like that of a scoring combo guard. We should have plenty of players at other positions on the roster capable of putting up points, I'd prefer a distributor.

I'll take the pass-first PG over the scoring guard any day of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom