LAX Action for Apr 15-18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Apr 15-18

Props to Adler tonight. He didn't impress me that much a few weeks ago but he was really good tonight.

Yeah I think you could say that about their entire offense that last 5-6 minutes.

Agreed but he held the ball a ton the last few possessions in regulation and then that initial OT possession he took two shots. I know he's playing a lot better but man how about drawing a slide and dishing out. Duke wasn't really much better, almost all ISO and tons of desperation moves late in the shot clock. UVA shorted Dyson and he struggled with it, interesting.

Agreed but he held the ball a ton the last few possessions in regulation and then that initial OT possession he took two shots. I know he's playing a lot better but man how about drawing a slide and dishing out. Duke wasn't really much better, almost all ISO and tons of desperation moves late in the shot clock. UVA shorted Dyson and he struggled with it, interesting.

Yeah it was an exciting game but you could argue it wasn't the best played game. Sowers had no assists tonight. O'Neill was good but yeah to your point not a lot of team offense.

It was really a hero ball night. Our offense, MD, UNC, and ND all look so much more fluid than those two teams. So much standing around.

Maybe the expectations are too high, or maybe because I just really don’t like Duke, especially this year with all their mercenaries, but I’ve watched them a number of times this year and each time I think their opponent should have won. I thought Denver, UNC, UVA, and of course Syracuse all were the better teams. Of course Danowski always seems to put it together in the playoffs, and he’ll be saying I told you so this year, but they really don’t look cohesive at all. Of course they’re still winning these games so maybe we should be terrified that they could still put it all together.

neither team slid. they were forcing the offenses to dodge to score. passing doesn't work when off ball is glued to their man, even cutting is just to clear space.

Maybe the expectations are too high, or maybe because I just really don’t like Duke, especially this year with all their mercenaries, but I’ve watched them a number of times this year and each time I think their opponent should have won. I thought Denver, UNC, UVA, and of course Syracuse all were the better teams. Of course Danowski always seems to put it together in the playoffs, and he’ll be saying I told you so this year, but they really don’t look cohesive at all. Of course they’re still winning these games so maybe we should be terrified that they could still put it all together.
Agree. For a team that was advertised to go undefeated and win every game by at least 10 goals because of their vast talent advantage, Duke is not impressing many people. As one of our posters noted last night, bottom line we lost, but not in the same manner. Usually they steadily pull away from us and we have no hope in the end. We were a left glove on the inner crease line from beating them in regulation. Going scoreless for the last 18 minutes of regulation was not favorable toward winning.

Nakeie (right-handed diagonal speed dodge, with either a pass-off or jump shot at the end) Montgomery's stat line, 0 points, 1 shot, courtesy of Jared Connors.

Annoucers said if you land in the goal mouth it doesn't matter. Was that not the case on that goal? Or am I thinking about a different goal?
Basically it’s like what if Bertrand scored, took one or two steps after the ball was in the goal, and then on the following step began walking through the goal mouth. It would be irrelevant since the ball was already in the goal before that right? The same thing happened here except in a shorter time frame. He scored while his foot was still planted on the ground and then left his foot and fell forward into the goal mouth only after the ball had been in the goal. He did not leave his foot, which was outside the crease, until after the ball was already in the goal.

I believed that the goal mouth was only for a dive, when a player leaves his feet, scores a goal while both his feet are in the air, and then he lands somewhere in the goal mouth. This was not a dive at all. It was just something he did after the ball was already in the goal. At the very very least that would have 100% been a goal before any of this goal mouth nonsense. This new rule has me analyzing things like a freaking lawyer. Also why no flag if it’s this horrible forbidden zone? Was that not part of the deal all of a sudden? Refs are clueless

Something bad just happened in the MIAA McDonogh vs Loyola HS game (Dwan our recruit plays for Loyola). They shut down the broadcast and cancelled the game! I think a player got hit by a shot! Don’t know the outcome?

Something bad just happened in the MIAA McDonogh vs Loyola HS game (Dwan our recruit plays for Loyola). They shut down the broadcast and cancelled the game! I think a player got hit by a shot! Don’t know the outcome?
Wow. Heard any updates on that?

Dixon on the Big10 call said a Loyola player took one in the chest and is recovering.
And the pros run around with no shoulder pads. The new shoulder pads have heighten safety standards but us lacrosse and retailers are doing a terrible job getting word out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom