LAX Action for Apr 15-18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Apr 15-18

Dixon acting shocked these teams are 2-6. He needs to watch at something above 240p.

The B10 outside of Maryland and to a bit of a lesser extent Rutty is awful this year. Penn State and Hop have been especially bad.

The B10 outside of Maryland and to a bit of a lesser extent Rutty is awful this year. Penn State and Hop have been especially bad.
How do you leave Mac Okeefe open with 10 seconds left. Literally one job to do!

Yeah but I will say I think Joe B/Dixon are much better than what ESPN offers
I’m on the fence about Dixon but Joe B is the man! By far my favorite announcer currently doing it. Love that he does hockey and lax and clearly knows the game well. Up there with Eamon Mcnaney who is still my all time fave.

I’m on the fence about Dixon but Joe B is the man! By far my favorite announcer currently doing it. Love that he does hockey and lax and clearly knows the game well. Up there with Eamon Mcnaney who is still my all time fave.

Joe B is great and even though I'm not a big hockey fan, because of my wife I watch a lot of Caps games and he is very good. I got tired of McEnaney's shtick but now Anish has his own so it's refreshing to listen to guys that do not. Dixon knows his stuff biut like Quint can be a bit much at times.

Joe B is great and even though I'm not a big hockey fan, because of my wife I watch a lot of Caps games and he is very good. I got tired of McEnaney's shtick but now Anish has his own so it's refreshing to listen to guys that do not. Dixon knows his stuff biut like Quint can be a bit much at times.
You here Joe B do his thing and just think “ok, finally we have a professional on the call”

My own opinion is that if the bottom 3 in the Big Ten were playing their usual schedules that they would be around .500. They'd each have 2-3 easy teams on their schedules to balance out the top teams.
I think OSU, 4-4, would be headed towards a 9-4 or 8-5 regular season record, instead of needing to beat Maryland on Sunday to stay over .500 and have a chance at a NCAA at-large bid.
There is little doubt that PSU has not lived up to expectations.

Thank You. I have read the thread on MIAA discussion on FB and it seems the player Pete Lake (freshman Def) got hit by the ball on a fast break, he was moving and then collapsed. The ball stopped his heart (Commotio Cordis) and some parents who are Doctors & trainers etc restarted his heart with AED that was luckily on site. This saved his life!

A tragedy with a happy ending!

The player is already asking when he can play again!

Last edited:
After the above happened I found out that Vermont and Albany had been postponed! Had been looking forward to this game. Not a very successful Friday night!

Great game tonight. It felt like Memorial Day weekend.
I don't start paying attention to lacrosse until after the final four. I just don't have the time to watch both hoops and lax.

Historically, I've DVR'd, and watched, all SU games after the Final Four.

This year I've start DVRing every single ACC game.

ACC Men's Lacrosse may be the best league in any sport.

Every game is a war and most go down to the wire.

So much talent on the field for both teams every night and so entertaining.

Is the big east a one bid league? Or does this solidify it as a two bid league?

Rutgers up 14-11 end of 3rd
Hopkins tied it up at 11, winning the face-offs and some nice goals by Cole Williams.
Then Charalambides took over with 3 straight goals.

Agree. For a team that was advertised to go undefeated and win every game by at least 10 goals because of their vast talent advantage, Duke is not impressing many people. As one of our posters noted last night, bottom line we lost, but not in the same manner. Usually they steadily pull away from us and we have no hope in the end. We were a left glove on the inner crease line from beating them in regulation. Going scoreless for the last 18 minutes of regulation was not favorable toward winning.

Nakeie (right-handed diagonal speed dodge, with either a pass-off or jump shot at the end) Montgomery's stat line, 0 points, 1 shot, courtesy of Jared Connors.
I see the mighty Wahoos managed to rise up with just one days rest in between and sneak by a tough Utah team. Perhaps that is some form of preparation for the NCAA finals.

So Duke is 3-1 but -1 in goal differential in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom