LAX Action for Feb 14-18

UMass 9, Ohio St 7
Cornell 19, UAlbany 10
Yale 18, Nova 12
Hobart 26, Siena 9
Army 15, Ruttie 4
UNC 24, Lafayette 8
ND 17, Cleveland St 7

Cornell waxed Albany. Not sure they can sustain the FO numbers they had to day but when they do they score.

Albany is a hot mess at the X but Cornell was bound to be better coming off of last year. Their offense is way to much for albany especially the midfield. Not surprised by the score though I thought Albany would keep it somewhat close

UMass 9, Ohio St 7
Cornell 19, UAlbany 10
Yale 18, Nova 12
Hobart 26, Siena 9
Army 15, Ruttie 4

Brutal day for the B10, Maryland keeps it from being a complete disaster but there getting into a bad habit of having to comeback late already

Terps dominate the 4th quarter to win 17-15 over UPenn.
Danny Maltz came up big with 5 goals - 3 taking feeds right on the crease.

Maltz is a player, SU was on him early but the whole issue with his brother made him coming here highly unlikely

Box score has him with 2 GB's today

Now 10-6 with 7:29 left.

He must have something nagging, not a good sign for Hop. They got exposed today along with Rutty

Maltz is a player, SU was on him early but the whole issue with his brother made him coming here highly unlikely

Also, Dylan Maltz had a lot of success at UMd, starting on a title winner.

Looking like a miss by IL's recruiting rankings. IL didn't have Maltz in their top 100 recruits or even their top 50 attackmen - had reduced him to a 3 star recruit.

Hopkins loses 10-7
Penn State -8.5 (St. Joseph's)
Ohio State -4.5 (UMass)
Loyola +1.5 (Hopkins)
so 2-1 this week, getting me to 2.5-3.5.

It wouldn't have surprised me if OSU hadn't covered the points, but losing on their home field does seem a bit surprising.

Terps dominate the 4th quarter to win 17-15 over UPenn.
Danny Maltz came up big with 5 goals - 3 taking feeds right on the crease.

4th quarter MD is dangerous this year.

Will post my total points on Tuesday (Army-Marist).

So far,

SU -9.5 (W)
Duke +2 (W)

Also, Dylan Maltz had a lot of success at UMd, starting on a title winner.

Looking like a miss by IL's recruiting rankings. IL didn't have Maltz in their top 100 recruits or even their top 50 attackmen - had reduced him to a 3 star recruit.

Hopkins loses 10-7
Penn State -8.5 (St. Joseph's)
Ohio State -4.5 (UMass)
Loyola +1.5 (Hopkins)
so 2-1 this week, getting me to 2.5-3.5.

It wouldn't have surprised me if OSU hadn't covered the points, but losing on their home field does seem a bit surprising.

I was a big fan of Dylan and Derek, dont know the whole story but heard there was some heard feelings after Derek lost his starting job his Sr year and Dylan's frosh season which resulted in the transfer. The youngest Maltz is definitely a player and I would have taken him here in a second. Marylands done a pretty good job picking off SU transfers. Was glad to see us get some revenge in getting Scanlan. Maryland is clearly the class of the B10 this year along with PSU.. OSU is really missing their FOGO and everyone else got exposed today. Michigan had a terrible loss and Rutty looked lost. I'd be shocked if Marlyand and PSU arent 1-2 in the league

4th quarter MD is dangerous this year.

They just don't have enough firepower without Epstein and have issues outside of the top guy at close and ssdm. Petros in the last year of his deal, at some point JHU has to go in a different direction

They just don't have enough firepower without Epstein and have issues outside of the top guy at close and ssdm. Petros in the last year of his deal, at some point JHU has to go in a different direction

They are at a point of reckoning similar to us post colgate loss last year. I think they have the potential to turn it around due to some promising young talent (Zinn mainly) and Epstein being a serious talent if he gets back to full health. D wasn't pitiful today like last year.

Syracuse -9.5 (W)
Lehigh +5 (W)
UND -5.5 (W)

3-0 for the week, 3.5-2.5 overall.

They are at a point of reckoning similar to us post colgate loss last year. I think they have the potential to turn it around due to some promising young talent (Zinn mainly) and Epstein being a serious talent if he gets back to full health. D wasn't pitiful today like last year.

Agreed to an extent. Loyola has some nice pieces but there offense is a work in progress so hard to assess the Hop D especially after Towson lost to the Mount today. There definitely is talent on that Hop squad with William's, Zinn, the Fogos, Degnon, Desimone etc but they struggle to get consistency from week to week and without Epstein Epstein don't have an elite offensive player. The UNC game next Sat will be fascinating for both teams.

That Cornell Albany game was like 22 degrees. February lacrosse, absolutely ridiculous to play in those conditions. Could start in mid/late March and play more than once a week.

That Cornell Albany game was like 22 degrees. February lacrosse, absolutely ridiculous to play in those conditions. Could start in mid/late March and play more than once a week.

Not gonna happen, TV wants the memorial day weekend for the final four, moving into June isnt an option at least in the near future.

I wasn't sure if they would cover or not, but I thought they would beat UMASS at home. I felt if they had a lead going into the 4th they might be able to pull away and cover. Oh well.

Yale -4 (W)
Syracuse -9.5 (W)
Georgetown -3.5 (W)

3-0 today. 4-2 on the year. 4 points for the year.

Which brother? Derek obviously kind of got the short end of the stick in terms of playing time with Randy Staats transferring in but was there something that happened with Dylan and the staff that further upset the family. Just curious if you feel you can share? If not, I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom