LAX Action for Mar 10-17 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Mar 10-17

Maybe the people that act like they know something about evaluating lacrosse talent, will finally recognize that PSU us utter rubbish without Ament. How they are still "12" at this point is absurd? They've beat one good team the past two years - snuck by Penn w/ Ament, when Penn didnt have Handley.

Big 10 network with the 1998 low def analog replay look

Impressive

Penn State is dead to me. No shots on goal in the 3rd quarter. Turnover city. Blue jays looked solid on Defense and at ssdm.

Vermont 4-3 over Scooby
Maryland 5-3 over RU, Rutty has violated 3 times already at the X

Moore is the key to UVA's offense. He either draws a slide or beats his long for a goal. Not so last night. Will Bowen, one of the better if not the best college d, smothered him for much of the game. Moore could neither score nor pass out the cocoon that Bowen draped around him. Bowen's stick is fast and lethal from side to side. He is strong enough to control his man with it. Most importantly, he did not need slide help, allowing the rest of the UNC defense to shut off easy passes. Bowen is at least as valuable as Gray to UNC's success. Oh, and by the way, Krieg was excellent.
and yet he still beat him to the hoop 3 times. and drew attention for an assist. a day at the office.

The camera for the Maryland game feels like it's on the roof of a building across the street.

The camera for the Maryland game feels like it's on the roof of a building across the street.
Believe it or not this actually is an improvement. The cameras are now on platforms hanging off the front of the second deck (of three) on the sideline across from the press box. They used to be in the same box as the announcers which is at least 4 stories above field level and were pointed toward the side of the field where no one was allowed to sit.

9-9 @ The half for Maryland and Rutty, pretty even game. Two good offenses.

10-4 Vermont over Albany, Albany missing Patterson and their #1 Fogo and it shows. They're getting destroyed at the X and offensively Vermont has shut down any fast break or transition looks.

Maryland and Rutgers at extremely high level. Best 1st half of any game this year.

Maryland starting to pull away at 15-11 but still time left

Goalies stats horrible which is all due to great shot making - goalies mostly no chance

Albany only down 1 12-11, Vermont has choked away a big lead

There were probably at least 100 people "at" the Albany game today. When it gets nice, there's going to be quite the "crowd." Will be interesting to see what the school does. (Maybe it wont matter as restrictions will be eased by then).

Dang! Hopkins won. If they had lost and dropped to 1-3, it would have been tough for them to make the NCAA tmt.
Of course, PSU has dropped to 1-3. The small plus PSU has is that Michigan is their remaining game of the first five games.

Maryland O is the perfect mix of plenty of studs and experience. They look great as a unit handling the ball. As players I’m a big fan of Demaio and Wisnauskas.

Looks like Duke, UNC and Maryland are really separating themselves from the rest right now. Georgetown is tbd but have also looked impressive. I still find the big 10 race really interesting. Seems like the middle group of Penn State, Ohio State and Hopkins are going to cannibalize each other at this rate. To get in they’ll probably have to beat Maryland or Rutgers and fend off the other two teams in their group. They’ll also have the Big 10 tournament but really wonder if one of those teams will get picked for the NCAAs with that sort of resume. Still a long way to go.

Obviously Maryland has looked impressive, I just don’t know how good the big 10 is this year. Ohio State and Penn State don’t look as good as the preseason prognosticators thought (they both brought back a good amount of 5th years so it’s sort of surprising). Rutgers looks better than I think most people thought they would but they’ve never really been known as having a good defense. I guess the whole conference only thing facenates me since your really limiting yourself when trying to compare to other conferences and teams.

NIKE/US LACROSSE TOP 20​

No. 2 Maryland 19, No. 5 Rutgers 12
No. 20 Johns Hopkins 13, No. 12 Penn State 6
No. 14 Loyola 16, Lafayette 6
Vermont 14, No. 16 Albany 12
No. 19 Richmond 23, VMI 6

Colgate at No. 7 Army, PPD

OTHER SCORES​

Delaware 18, Drexel 12
Cleveland State 8, Bellarmine 1
LIU 14, Hobart 12
Manhattan 10, Canisius 7
Merrimack 11, Wagner 5
Monmouth 7, Siena 6 (2OT)
Providence 12, Marquette 8
Robert Morris 14, Air Force 13
Saint Joseph’s 13, Sacred Heart 9
UMass Lowell 12, Hartford 10

Mount St. Mary’s at Bryant, PPD
UMass at Utah, PPD
Hofstra at Towson, PPD
UMBC at Binghamton, PPD
Quinnipiac at Marist, PPD

Lehigh up 3-0 early on Bucknell. On one hand, if we were to play them as a replacement for Hofstra its terrifying because of Sisselberger, but on the other hand it could be a big time statement game for Syracuse with a win. I think they would get a lot of credit for playing them on short notice if they were to win.

Lehigh up 3-0 early on Bucknell. On one hand, if we were to play them as a replacement for Hofstra its terrifying because of Sisselberger, but on the other hand it could be a big time statement game for Syracuse with a win. I think they would get a lot of credit for playing them on short notice if they were to win.
Agree. Would be ideal if we could play someone Thursday or Friday and get more time to prepare and rest before Duke.

We'll see how things unfold, but our win over Vermont may be helpful for RPI if UVM continues to play well - I think their offense is legit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom