12:30 p.m.Georgetown at DenverPioneers All-Access
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17
4:00 pm.Marquette at Notre DameACC Network
7:00 p.m.Sacred Heart at FairfieldLax Sports Network

Last edited:
1615324994380.png

1615474148839.png

Last edited:
Somewhat surprised that Carolina isn't a 2-3 point favorite given their explosive offense and UVA's inconsistency. Should be a barn-burner!

Betting the house on UNC. Sorry to uva fans present.

The Cavs have played the tougher schedule to date compared with the Heels and, though they have been more inconsistent, I think they have learned what issues need to be addressed. The Heels haven't been tested and start a true freshman goalie who is at 49% this season. All that said, I'm not touching this game without some points. I like the Cavs at home in this one.

I think UVA bounces back. Believe these teams are pretty even so that extra motivation for the hoos give them the advantage. Virgins 17- unc 13
As much as I’d love to see a midweek upset I think high point is prob a little warn out at this point battling unc 3 times. Battle tested or beat up? Duke 21- highpoint 11

The Cavs have played the tougher schedule to date compared with the Heels and, though they have been more inconsistent, I think they have learned what issues need to be addressed. The Heels haven't been tested and start a true freshman goalie who is at 49% this season. All that said, I'm not touching this game without some points. I like the Cavs at home in this one.
definitely will be interesting. uva maybe a bit more desperate at 0-1 acc, where carolina would feel none of that. advantages aren't clear other than playing more depth at fo and mid for carolina, and rode would come in as the superior keeper.
carolina's fo duo might at the very least wear down lasalla. and lasalla's cuse game shows he's not a "dominant" automatic. uva would do well to draw there throughout the game.

big question marks whether either d can stop the offenses. especially the uva shorties on unc middies, who are a handful.

definitely will be interesting. uva maybe a bit more desperate at 0-1 acc, where carolina would feel none of that. advantages aren't clear other than playing more depth at fo and mid for carolina, and rode would come in as the superior keeper.
carolina's fo duo might at the very least wear down lasalla. and lasalla's cuse game shows he's not a "dominant" automatic. uva would do well to draw there throughout the game.

big question marks whether either d can stop the offenses. especially the uva shorties on unc middies, who are a handful.

Yeah I think I'd take the over.

I’m just seeing Tanner Cook, Anderson, and Co. bully those tiny short stick middies Owen Seebold style. I think we are yet to see the fully formed UVA offense. I think they have potentially to look as dominant as they did in the Airforce game against more elite teams, but the ssdm problem does not have a quick fix. If lasalla manages to out do the two Fogos for UNC then they may have a shot, but that’s a tall order.

I’m just seeing Tanner Cook, Anderson, and Co. bully those tiny short stick middies Owen Seebold style. I think we are yet to see the fully formed UVA offense. I think they have potentially to look as dominant as they did in the Airforce game against more elite teams, but the ssdm problem does not have a quick fix. If lasalla manages to out do the two Fogos for UNC then they may have a shot, but that’s a tall order.
disagree here pregame at least. uva has 2 subsets of shorties.
peele and parker small/quick and sallade, fox and merle, who have some size and strength if not foot speed/quickness.

parker was the incumbent of the former, was out pre-cuse, had 2 gbs, 2 ctos and an assist and don't remember him beaten.. all before getting knocked out in q2 and hasn't returned. so don't expect him suiting up.

unc 1st mids are bull in a china shop and/or stretch shooters. where sallade and fox could do fine. espec up top as they don't invert. it's the shake/fast mids they struggle with. merle has been the weakest of the 3. peele could handle perry and the smaller mid2 line guys probably fine.

anyway, good as they are, on paper they match up better than vs cuse there.

larger problem may be hoos have been turnover machines and unc is deadly in transition and unsettled.

if they can keep it 6 v 6 and not ball watch gray and/or have to help on bullying mids too hard, it won't get out of hand.

This one is like what most of the ACC battles will be later in the season - a true flip of the coin. Can someone slow the UNC offense - I hope so!

Somewhat surprised that Carolina isn't a 2-3 point favorite given their explosive offense and UVA's inconsistency. Should be a barn-burner!
I would have expected UNC to be favored a goal or 2. Still I am not picking that game.
The other game the pick would be Duke. I don't like picking Duke to win. I don't want to root for them, and if they come up short, I feel like I whored myself out for nothing.
So I will wait for this weekend's line.

Give credit to Sowers. Star content sharing the ball and billing with teammates

Ditto O'Neill. Very humble despite the hype surrounding him. Let's the game come to him and doesn't play hero ball.

About 4 left in the 3rd, Duke 21-4

Edit: end of 3rd Duke 21-5

Last edited:
High Pt didn't even show up tonight. Duke is good but they have yet to face a tough game. Let's see how they do after they play Jacksonville. They will play 6 straight ACC games beginning with Cuse have to play UNC twice. I kinda like Cuse going in as underdog and a cocky Duke team not tested.

High Pt didn't even show up tonight. Duke is good but they have yet to face a tough game. Let's see how they do after they play Jacksonville. They will play 6 straight ACC games beginning with Cuse have to play UNC twice. I kinda like Cuse going in as underdog and a cocky Duke team not tested.

They did beat Denver to start the year (that game seems eons ago) but think this iteration of the Pioneers would give them a better game, and they probably should have won that first matchup. Don’t think playing these games helps Duke much. What’s the point of playing Mercer? They are obviously very talented but think these matchups will give them a false sense of security.

Fascinating to look at these High Point vs ACC scores. Could have beat UNC and UVA but also got blown out by UNC in the rematch and tonight against Duke. Did UNC improve that much? Are Duke and UNC that much better than Virginia? Think this season is just going to give us some strange results that don’t match up with other narratives.

This game went south for High Point really fast. Too many mistakes early lead to easy Duke goals. High Point is not a top 20 team. The mental errors and poor decision making on display early and often. Richmond plays much smarter.

soccer plays the entire field, run don't scrum, and don't by rule have the largest peeps in the world. lax with action concentrated in 2 contained areas does a lot more damage.

if anyone should be worried, it's soccer teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom