LAX Action for March 10-12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for March 10-12

Not 100% accurate, but it wasn't a situation where Syracuse lost the player.
Interesting. You're likely much more plugged in than I am but I was told in the summer before his Soph year (before Evans committed) that he was down to UNC & MD.

Denver's FOM Baptiste is probably tops in the nation but hopefully Ben can exploit this.

Interesting. You're likely much more plugged in than I am but I was told in the summer before his Soph year (before Evans committed) that he was down to UNC & MD.
Conners' high school coach was a Maryland grad. He was never really going anywhere else. He was the the first of the top prospects to commit and never seriously considered Syracuse. In fact it was a bit of a surprise that Rambo signed with Maryland soon after him as Matt was thought to be leaning to Hostra where his brother played. Conners did not like Maryland and wanted to play with his brother, hence the move to Denver after his freshman year. His spot was quickly filled by Dylan Maltz who was unhappy with his playing time here. It's interesting that Dylan came here to play with his brother. As a side note Maryland also quickly signed Tim Rotanz who many thought was the strongest attackman in that class. Rotanz had speed and size, but has had injury and health issues and not been an impact player at Maryland. Maryland ended up with Cannizzaro, Rotanz and Rambo as an incoming attack line which "Inside Lacrosse" tagged as the best recruiting class. As far as I know Evans and Cannizzaro decisions had nothing to do with each other, nor did Syracuse pick Evans over Cannizzaro.

Now if we could have only got those native kids instead of Albany- well that's another story.

Conners' high school coach was a Maryland grad. He was never really going anywhere else. He was the the first of the top prospects to commit and never seriously considered Syracuse. In fact it was a bit of a surprise that Rambo signed with Maryland soon after him as Matt was thought to be leaning to Hostra where his brother played. Conners did not like Maryland and wanted to play with his brother, hence the move to Denver after his freshman year. His spot was quickly filled by Dylan Maltz who was unhappy with his playing time here. It's interesting that Dylan came here to play with his brother. As a side note Maryland also quickly signed Tim Rotanz who many thought was the strongest attackman in that class. Rotanz had speed and size, but has had injury and health issues and not been an impact player at Maryland. Maryland ended up with Cannizzaro, Rotanz and Rambo as an incoming attack line which "Inside Lacrosse" tagged as the best recruiting class. As far as I know Evans and Cannizzaro decisions had nothing to do with each other, nor did Syracuse pick Evans over Cannizzaro.

Now if we could have only got those native kids instead of Albany- well that's another story.

I don't think Jim Longo went to Maryland. You sure?

I don't think Jim Longo went to Maryland. You sure?
You are probably correct. During the time Conners was a sophomore we were told Maryland was a done deal as there was a connection there. I thought it was his coach, or assistant coach who went to Maryland, but maybe not. Truth be told, John Tillman puts on a great presentation. He relates to high school kids better than the "Old Guard" coaches. Point being these kids are recruited as freshman and sophomores and are pressured to make a decision due to the limited scholarships available. If they don't take it- well the school might have to move on to someone who will. That's probably why there is so much movement.

Chemotti will be on the Syracuse short list.

Did we offer him when he was at West Genny? Can't blame him for going to Duke but curious. I am sure being a local he likely was a Syracuse fan growing up. Maybe it would be a dream to come back home and win a few titles.

I wonder if Wildhack has a short list for our next coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom