LAX Action for May 18-19 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 18-19

That’s one of the dumbest calls I’ve ever seen. The trajectory of the ricochet told everyone in the stadium that wasn’t a goal. Except one moron.

That is what UMD get for playing slow down methodical bore ball again, even with the new rules they play it the same way! They can’t win by rolling teams! I’m sure the majority of the lax community are glad to see UVA in the final 4!

Tillman and his staff are baby’s!

That is what UMD get for playing slow down methodical bore ball again, even with the new rules they play it the same way! They can’t win by rolling teams! I’m sure the majority of the lax community are glad to see UVA in the final 4!

Tillman and his staff are baby’s!

Payback for Yale getting screwed out of a goal in 2015.

Missed the last 10 mins, anyone up for a recap? Thanks. Pretty impressive win for UVA.

UMD couldn’t get the ball in the last few mins with UVAs faceoff guy playing make it take it. Conrad started the come back (from 3 down) and they didn’t look back! UVA had multiple shots in the last few mins and held for the last shot in regulation! They won in OT by making UMD D rotate and found the deadly Moore for the win from 10 yards with a shot to the top to mid right hand corner.

It is a given that Kraus’s goal was not valid but UMD scored with one foot in the crease and played slow down, they knew they couldn’t win by playing UVA straight up.

Glad UVA made it a sick it will make the F4 more entertaining! Hate what UMD have become over the Tillman era! Glad to see Lars a Lafayette native make it back to the big dance.

How are Duke or ND in this game! This is the worst match up of the weekend! Don’t understand why Corrigan is playing Garnsey!

They are two second rate boring teams in my opinion!

UMD couldn’t get the ball in the last few mins with UVAs faceoff guy playing make it take it. Conrad started the come back (from 3 down) and they didn’t look back! UVA had multiple shots in the last few mins and held for the last shot in regulation! They won in OT by making UMD D rotate and found the deadly Moore for the win from 10 yards with a shot to the top to mid right hand corner.

It is a given that Kraus’s goal was not valid but UMD scored with one foot in the crease and played slow down, they knew they couldn’t win by playing UVA straight up.

Glad UVA made it a sick it will make the F4 more entertaining! Hate what UMD have become over the Tillman era! Glad to see Lars a Lafayette native make it back to the big dance.

Any team that intentionally holds the ball in no man’s land for 80 seconds and meekly rolls it into the corner deserves to lose.

That was appalling and I’m glad the lacrosse gods made the Twerps suffer for it.

They are a disgrace to the sport for not even attempting to pass it around the horn.

It was actually a 5-goal comeback in the 4th quarter

It was actually a 5-goal comeback in the 4th quarter

Apologies I am a bit sick today so not on best of form! I even had to stay in and not go the pub to watch Manchester City complete the treble!

Poor ND. Garnsey coming back to go out like that is a bummer.

Duke 14, Notre Dame 13 (OT) No Cover :)
Woohoo!!! Duke might get lucky and win it all this year with a team that has so many warts. I feel much better about the next few years for Duke Lacrosse. We need a dislike button.

The teams are so close. Anyone seems to be able to win and the difference is mariginable. Hope tomorrow has similar results to make me feel better about us being out. I hate the new state of lacrosse

I like the UVA team they really remind me
of past Championship winning Cuse teams in style and personnel. They have all the components to win this thing and like their identity. They play the game the way it should be played! Their #14 SSDM as well as #34 are very like reminiscent of players like Kevin Drew and Jarett Park and are their engine.

They have a 22 who is their heartbeat and an amazing all around player, great leader, Aitken is a great shooter and their attack dangerous at every point.

Can anyone see a Penn State vs UVA final with an outcome like Cuse vs Cornell - if so I could see Trambroni giving up!!! Hahahaha! I’d love to see two Syracuse native head Coaches in the final!

No doubt UVA has been quite fortunate both in hoops and lax this spring, seemingly getting miraculous type breaks in route to advancing. That horrendous call they got to tie it up at 12 was as egregious as it gets in any sport.

UM really was in control of that game yesterday throughout and then blew it the last 5 minutes by backing off the gas pedal off and going into stall ball the last 5 minutes. That set the tone for their total collapse down the stretch, along with their inability to win any face offs and gain possession. UVA's 6 on 6 offense was quite pathetic all game long, and they scored mostly in unsettled (Maryland's lazy attempts in clearing at times) and man up instances. UVA's only lead was the final score...they will really need to improve their 6 on 6 O if they want to win it all IMO.

Just as Quint stated yesterday about Maryland vomiting after watching the tape of that goal, I wanted to vomit myself hearing Anish say a zillion times how Maryland has a 'satellite' home at championship weekend. With all this alleged lax parity, glad that UM didn't make 6 straight and 8 out the last 9 championship weekends, not to mention Duke getting there now 8 of the last 10. :rolleyes::mad:

Last edited:
FireTillman# Dont care about pipe, Maryland opened the door and UVA led by Conrad walked in.

Wanna vomit, Cuse is as good as any of these teams including PSU.

Be nice if Stover can start to make the same saves he did against Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom