LAX Action for May 4-7 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 4-7

No Denver, no TV. Fox bumped the Big East championship to on-line only because the women's championship ran long. They will show a replay on Tuesday, though.:rolleyes:

It ended up on FoxSports2 (if you subscribe).

Also on the Fox Sports Go app.

So now, Army has two Top 5 wins, and 5 Top 20 wins overall, and is 13 in RPI.

Long shot, I know. But I wouldn't be THAT surprised...

That loss @ Navy a couple weekends ago was killer.

So now, Army has two Top 5 wins, and 5 Top 20 wins overall, and is 13 in RPI.

Long shot, I know. But I wouldn't be THAT surprised...
ND should go from a top four seed to the 7/8 seed. They haven't been playing well the past couple of weeks and with two stars injured, can they win a first round game?

It ended up on FoxSports2 (if you subscribe).

Also on the Fox Sports Go app.
I put on the women's BE game on FS2 when the ND game was over. Instead of switching they put on some mma highlight show and said you could watch on-line, which I had no intentions of doing. A couple of seconds ago, they had NASCAR on.

Patrick Stevens‏ @D1scourse
Marquette's victory will help the NCAA save some money. Golden Eagles likely getting on a bus for Notre Dame next weekend. Pretty good chance that sends tomorrow's Ivy winner to Syracuse and Air Force to Ohio State.

As many have said already, if we are a #2 or #3 and draw the Ivy winner while ND gets Marquette, that is simply criminal. Why wouldn't we get the MAAC winner (Marist or Monmouth). If this is all about travel, they're both closer than Providence or New Haven. Meanwhile, AF to Ohio State because that's really close ?

As many have said already, if we are a #2 or #3 and draw the Ivy winner while ND gets Marquette, that is simply criminal. Why wouldn't we get the MAAC winner (Marist or Monmouth). If this is all about travel, they're both closer than Providence or New Haven. Meanwhile, AF to Ohio State because that's really close ?
IIRC, there's a "2-flight limit" in the first round. The MAAC champ will be in the play-in game, probably against Bryant. AF could end up playing Denver, another bus ride.

Halftime

MD 4, OSU 4
So if OSU wins, there's talk on Twitter of them taking the #1. That could leave MD at #3. Wouldn't it be better for Cuse if MD won so we were on opposite sides of the bracket? I'd rather avoid them for as long as possible.

If OSU wins, we may end up with the 1 seed after all, and get the Bryant, Monmouth winner. It all depends on what is cheapest for the NCAA.

Whoever we play, I'm guessing we win by 1 goal.

That Hail Mary by Molloy may prove the difference in what seed we get. A 2 goal win looks much better than a 1 goal victory. Just ask Quint.

Because NCAA hates Syracuse. They want to screw SU in every possible way.

Final

Maryland 10, Ohio st 9

SU has two losses and Maryland has three losses. Syracuse should get No. 1 seed ahead of Maryland. If Maryland had blown out Ohio St, then they have a case of being No. 1 seed. But they did not so their three losses should have them No. 2 seed.

SU has two losses and Maryland has three losses. Syracuse should get No. 1 seed ahead of Maryland. If Maryland had blown out Ohio St, then they have a case of being No. 1 seed. But they did not so their three losses should have them No. 2 seed.

Seeding is all about saving money on bus fare.

So basically to save money
ND and Ohio State will get easier opponents than Syracuse. What a joke.
ND shouldn't be a top 4 seed.
Give Marquette to Ohio State.

Top 8 seeds IMO
1: Maryland hosting Monmouth/Bryant
2. Syracuse hosting Yale/Brown
3. Ohio State hosting Marquette
4. Notre Dame hosting Air Force
5. Penn State hosting Albany
6. Denver hosting North Carolina
7. Duke hosting Loyola
8. Hopkins hosting Towson

So basically to save money
ND and Ohio State will get easier opponents than Syracuse. What a joke.
ND shouldn't be a top 4 seed.
Give Marquette to Ohio State.

Top 8 seeds IMO
1: Maryland hosting Monmouth/Bryant
2. Syracuse hosting Yale/Brown
3. Ohio State hosting Marquette
4. Notre Dame hosting Air Force
5. Penn State hosting Albany
6. Denver hosting North Carolina
7. Duke hosting Loyola
8. Hopkins hosting Towson

Poor Penn State.

RPI as of now (Sunday morning 5/7), obviously exclusive of Monmouth/Marist (37), Yale/Brown, and Duke/BU.

Interestingly, the Duke/BU game has some serious import to it. A Devil win would give them another Top 20 win and probably clinch a home game. A loss, and it's most likely time to warm up the bus.

upload_2017-5-7_8-5-59.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom