Lax Pick em’ : Week 8 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick em’ : Week 8

can i ask how gtown was the underdog in this game? or least that’s what had in the list of games n spread. Know richmond was home team but still favored made no sense to me which why took gtown +1.5 thought that was an easy call. Figure if anything be close game but gtown would ultimately win.

quinpack -1.5 W
marquette -6.5 L
gtown +1.5 ( looks like W)
psu -3 ( results toma )

2-2 for the week. Duke and Penn State came through but just barely

16-12 YTD

Not to be the bearer of bad news but only Duke came through, PSU was a push.

IMG_5795.jpeg

Thanks for the correction. I'm not sure what to make of PSU - probably too high in the rankings.

Hard to say, record is solid but their OOC isn't great so it's hard to get a real good feel. Definitely a top 10 team but probably more in the 7-9 rang then 3-5. I am curious to see what happens next Sat when they play Maryland. Both teams could really use that game.

Hard to say, record is solid but their OOC isn't great so it's hard to get a real good feel. Definitely a top 10 team but probably more in the 7-9 rang then 3-5. I am curious to see what happens next Sat when they play Maryland. Both teams could really use that game.
I have watched PSU a couple of times and think they look more like a top 5 team. PSU does have a weakness at FOs. Maryland really needs to win UMD-PSU game this weekend a lot more than PSU does.

Don't let PSU's 12-9 win over OSU fool you. OSU has a good defense and goalie, and it seems to be really tough to play OSU in their rinky dink home stadium. Notre Dame only won 13-10 there against OSU a couple of weeks back.

Last edited:
I have watched PSU a couple times and think they look more like a top 5 team. PSU does have a weakness at FOs. Maryland really needs to win UMD-PSU game this weekend a lot more than PSU does.

Actually your probably right, I forgot about the Cornell win, I'd say 5 is about right. Maryland could really use the win on Sat but if your Penn State its big as well because the IVY is so volatile its hard to know where those Yale and Cornell wins will end up though the Cornell one looks big based on the last 2 weeks. Plus if your PSU a win vs Maryland probably forces Maryland to win the B10 tourney to get in or forces them to at least get to the finals.

I'd be sort of curious to know which 4 teams you would put in front of PSU at the moment.

I'd be sort of curious to know which 4 teams you would put in front of PSU at the moment.

I think Penn State is a really good team but their faceoff issues to me leave them vulnerable against other top end teams. I'd put UVA and ND ahead of them for sure. I also think you could make the argument that Cuse would be ahead of them. I think Duke would probably beat them head to head with Naso though I acknowledge Duke is a stretch to rank ahead of them when you look at who they've beaten. If you wanna rank them 3 vs 5 I think it's fine, it's really splitting hairs. They're a good team who could easily make a final four run with the right draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom