LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 14-19 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for Feb 14-19

I feel like after that big come from behind win on Saturday with 2 days rest, Hopkins running out of gas in the 2nd half tonight was way too predictable.
Watched the replay a little later and I am inclined to agree with you, but the offense also did the D no favors by only getting one goal in the second half. That would gas a defense even if they didn't play 3 days ago. Pros and cons to the weekday game. Cons will always be on the mind if you lose it, but I don't think Milliman deserves that much heat for it.

Would say hop may not have that elite dodger like Jeremy said but maybe a lot of pretty good ones. Dylan Bauer (#7) seems like he could be a new issue. Small but fast and good change of direction. Collison is going to be a real pain in the butt for 4 years. It has to be Olexo and nobody else guarding him when we play them. He could be considered "elite" down the road. He seems like what they wanted Grimes to be. If Grimes also figures it out we are all going to pay, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet. Stuart Phillips (#3) also looked solid.

Watched the replay a little later and I am inclined to agree with you, but the offense also did the D no favors by only getting one goal in the second half. That would gas a defense even if they didn't play 3 days ago. Pros and cons to the weekday game. Cons will always be on the mind if you lose it, but I don't think Milliman deserves that much heat for it.

Would say hop may not have that elite dodger like Jeremy said but maybe a lot of pretty good ones. Dylan Bauer (#7) seems like he could be a new issue. Small but fast and good change of direction. Collison is going to be a real pain in the butt for 4 years. It has to be Olexo and nobody else guarding him when we play them. He could be considered "elite" down the road. He seems like what they wanted Grimes to be. If Grimes also figures it out we are all going to pay, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet. Stuart Phillips (#3) also looked solid.
Hopkins is playing better all around than they have in years. Collison is a gem. UNC is no slouch. Very tough wins for SU.

ND 21, Marquette 10

J Ricciardelli: 5 & 1
C Kavanagh: 5 & 2
P Kavanagh: 0 & 6

Entenmann was only at 44 save percentage - let's strip him of his preseason first team All-American status :cool:

Entenmann was only at 44 save percentage - let's strip him of his preseason first team All-American status :cool:
Yeah, Entenmann looked off. But I've heard that building is tough for goalies - weird site lines, etc. But you'd think he'd be used to it.

Problem looked more like the defense was a bit out of sorts. Imagine that will improve as they play more.

The ND offense was solid. Probably looked the best of any team so far. They move the ball like it's a live grenade. The attackmen are numerous and play well together. And Dobson might have the best step down out there. And everything coming back next year.

And no Jake Taylor yet either. This is gonna be a tough squad.

"Of course as a Syracuse alum, the Orange and Terps will be a game I follow/watch. Maryland goalie Logan McNaney is reportedly out for the season with a torn ACL, according to Edward Lee of The Baltimore Sun. In comes Binghamton transfer Teddy Dolan who had a .543 save percentage last season with the Bearcats. He's a good replacement to have for McNaney. As for the Orange, the young guys will have their first huge game of their careers. 'Cuse is a 4.5 goal underdog and lost to Maryland by four last year. This should be our best early gauge at the Orange."

Maryland (-4.5) vs. Syracuse​

SECU Stadium
⏰ Saturday 1 p.m.

The McNaney news makes this one even more intriguing than it already was. What Terp offense will show up this week? The one that scored 20 against Richmond in Week 1 or the one that struggled to score seven against Loyola last week. Coach Tillman and the Bernhardt brothers are professionals and will find the right combinations to keep Maryland competitive. Syracuse faces their biggest challenge of the year in College Park. Joey Spallina (11G, 2A) leads the Orange in points. Gary Gait will need more midfield depth to support Finn Thompson and Jackson Birtwistle to give the orange a balanced offensive attack to support their talented attack.

Syracuse (3-0) at No. 10 Maryland (1-1) – Saturday, 1 p.m. (BTN+)
Maryland comes limping into this game after suffering its first regular season loss in nearly three years and losing NCAA championship MVP Logan McNaney to an ACL injury, but backup goalie Teddy Dolan is plenty experienced as a former three-year starter and America East Defensive Player of the Year at Binghamton.

Yeah, Entenmann looked off. But I've heard that building is tough for goalies - weird site lines, etc. But you'd think he'd be used to it.

Problem looked more like the defense was a bit out of sorts. Imagine that will improve as they play more.

The ND offense was solid. Probably looked the best of any team so far. They move the ball like it's a live grenade. The attackmen are numerous and play well together. And Dobson might have the best step down out there. And everything coming back next year.

And no Jake Taylor yet either. This is gonna be a tough squad.

ND has plenty of talent but defensively its trying to integrate a lot of transfers and new pieces. Will certainly get better as the year goes on but I don't know if all the pieces will mesh the way it has in the past when your counting on a bunch of 5th years.

Offensively is all about what can they get beyond Pat K. Its one thing to do it against Marquette which they did nicely but can they do it against UVA, Maryland, OSU etc. Riccardelli maybe the answer for them, he looked impressive. I wouldn't couldn't on getting much from Taylor, coming back from his 2nd ACL tear like he did the first seems unlikely and more of a pipe dream assuming he makes it back at all.

But Tillman says Maryland is the underdog this week. LOL.

Give him credit for trying to change the narrative or get his team pumped but the dudes a 4.5 pt favorite. It sounds ridiculous.

Duke has to be the most mystifying team of the last 5-7 years. Talent out the whazoo but again their in a death struggle with a team (Denver) they should be pulling away from that this point. I like Danowski but man they have wasted some talent the last 4-5 years.

Duke and Denver tied at 12, Duke was just down 1. about 2 min left.
Now 13-12 Denver, Duke's goalie has let in a few he should have stopped. Amazing Duke's struggles with all that O talent.

Naso has done a nice job at the X, he's gonna be an issue for us.

Duke scores on a question mark dodge by O'Neil and then draw a flag on the faceoff. Will be a man up starting in OT and probably will be able to win it.

If your Denver, why not faceguard him and take your luck with someone really anyone else.

Watched the Duke game. O'Neill and Williams clearly remain their leaders and are tough to stop. Duke's D and goaltending are not very impressive but in fairness, Denver has some snipers, notably Sillstrop. Naso continues to look strong at fogo and did well up against Stathakis. I think Cuse's O can do some damage but they will need possessions.

Shot quality for both teams was excellent as reflected in the lousy save %s for the goalies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom