Lax update | Syracusefan.com

Lax update

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Had the pleasure of speaking with Saam Olexxo today at our SyraCruz Fine Lot tailgate. First off he is a stellar example of what the SU lax program is looking for, beyond hospitable and spoke with everyone who picked his brain. I can't go into everything we discussed but I can say the expectations for this spring is sky high. The depth on defense is the best since the late 2000s and the fogo spot is in good shape, a certain freshmen is turning heads.

In closing Saam is a great example of what the lax program is looking for humble and appreciative and willing to answer many questions, lol. Be ready for 2024 this team is loaded and ready to win.

PS, for Wake Forest were scheduled to have two Frosh lax players, I hope u can join us and contribute to our NIL program.

I just posted this in another thread, but Saam was a blast to hang out with. He was eating when you first introduced me, Jeremy, so I thanked him for taking time out to hang out with us and went on my way. When he finished eating he tracked me down so we could chat a bit.
I hadn't had any plans to make any Lax games this Spring, but I'm going to try to make a point of it now.

The scrimmages in Oct should give us a glimpse of why the team is excited about the spring.
Please let us know when the game is and if fans are permitted.. would love to make the trip up

Can anyone confirm scrimmages are...
1. open to public
2. times for each scrim on 10/21
Thanks!

I don’t believe they are open to the public. They were collecting names for attendance.

10am vs Providence
Noon - Providence vs UMass
2pm vs UMass

I believe your correct, SU's home scrimmages are almost never opened to the public beyond the alumni game.

aaarrrggghhh...

Thanks for info
giphy.gif

I believe your correct, SU's home scrimmages are almost never opened to the public beyond the alumni game.
They scrimmaged at Binghamton in 2018 and then against Denver at Cortland in 2019. But that, obviously, was Desko era and pre-COVID.

They scrimmaged at Binghamton in 2018 and then against Denver at Cortland in 2019. But that, obviously, was Desko era and pre-COVID.

Right if there off campus most of the scrimmages are open to the public. ALmost all of the time if it's in the Dome or obviously the indoor facility they are closed to the public.

I don’t believe they are open to the public. They were collecting names for attendance.

10am vs Providence
Noon - Providence vs UMass
2pm vs UMass
WOHL is the turf field where they have practiced all fall there are no stands

Depth is one thing, but quality is something entirely different.
Agree. You have to think that most of the players on the Syracuse roster have or had some quality or they wouldn’t be at Syracuse. It takes work ethic to continue to develop your skills. The player would need to put more emphasis on lacrosse than going out drinking.

Depth is one thing, but quality is something entirely different.

Assuming relative good health I wouldn't be afraid to use the term quality depth when you look at what's available at LSM and Close defensively. SSDM has to many question marks at this point to lump them in.