Laxpower forum down | Syracusefan.com

Laxpower forum down

Zack80

Starter
Laxpower's forum appears to be down. It seems to have been down since last night. I keep getting a "General Error", from the database, page.
A little worrisome as a couple of major players left Laxpower last fall, and Laxpower doesn't seem to be one of the chief interests of its parent company Active.

Experiencing the same thing, Zack. Lot of good stuff goes on at LaxPower, hope the issues get resolved.

Laxpower's forum appears to be down. It seems to have been down since last night. I keep getting a "General Error", from the database, page.
A little worrisome as a couple of major players left Laxpower last fall, and Laxpower doesn't seem to be one of the chief interests of its parent company Active.

I can reach the site but the forums as you noted are definitely down. I was able to get on to some fo team pages on the forum this morning but then started getting that error message. May just be a technical glitch but there was talk the site would eventually fold up so it could be that as well. Hope some of the posters over there are aware of syracusefan.com, as this board would make a great new home for some those guys/girls. Not sure if I can go a full lax season without Steelhop2 giving some doses of reality to the JHU thread.

Damn. That was where I got my team records and RPI (as the NCAAT approached). :(

Thanks for the update.
Just tried it and I'm still experiencing all kinds of trouble there though. Definitely not up and running smoothly.

Last edited:
Laxpower forum still seems to be down, so that puts it to about 24 hours.

Last edited:
So they had it going again in the middle of the day?

So they had it going again in the middle of the day?
I was just able to get to the front page (if that's what you call it) and there's no change there. Listed number of users, guests, and moderators was 0, and there have been no additional posts anywhere. It's not looking good right now, that's for sure.

I guess laxpower forum is still down. That gets us up to about 36 hours.

While discussing general lacrosse here is worthwhile, it's hard to see you all being that interested in Terp lacrosse. I started a little niche over on the Maryland247sports board. Not many users over there right now though.
Men's Lacrosse 2019

I think one of the tough thing for Hopkins fans, is not being D1, I am not sure they even have any general sports forums.
Even if laxpower forum comes back, this still seems like a "shot across the bow".

I guess we have come to the end of the first 48 hours of Laxpower forum being down.

I can reach the site but the forums as you noted are definitely down. I was able to get on to some fo team pages on the forum this morning but then started getting that error message. May just be a technical glitch but there was talk the site would eventually fold up so it could be that as well. Hope some of the posters over there are aware of syracusefan.com, as this board would make a great new home for some those guys/girls. Not sure if I can go a full lax season without Steelhop2 giving some doses of reality to the JHU thread.

I've got room on another server if you hear they are looking for a home. I've been using the site to test script features. They're welcome to use it.

I guess were getting up to 72 hours with laxpower being down.

In a side note, Joe Walters is to be inducted into the Maryland Athletics Hall of Fame.
Maryland Announces 2018 Hall of Fame Class - Maryland, University of
Happy for Joe, well deserved for one of the most underrated lacrosse players of the last 10-15 years.

I was a little surprised that Cathy Reese wasn’t in already with what she has done as a coach alone. She has built an unstoppable force with little chance of slowing down any time soon.

The Maryland Athletic Hall of Fame is a little strange. They didn't start the thing until 1982 and spent the early years added old-time players (1920-1950) for men's lacrosse. The only Men's player after 1990, that they have added is Brian Dougherty, who was added in 2008.
University of Maryland Athletic Hall of Fame - Wikipedia
We can see that in the last group (2016), they added Robert Ott for lacrosse who played in the late 1970s:
Maryland Announces 2016 Hall of Fame Class - Maryland, University of
So the addition of Joe Walters was actually pretty special, as they jumped way forward to add him.

I live in Ellicott City, Maryland. My cable service is out since Wednesday night, and will be out for at least two more weeks. The underground cable is not functioning. (I am currently tethering off of my phone, which is going to be damned expensive.) Baltimore has had 25 inches of rainfall this month. There have been multiple service outages in the region.

I guess one never knows for sure, it could be caused by some natural disaster.
That being said, the front page for laxpower still works, so they could put up a message there. Laxpower also has a facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/LaxPowerLa...faQ9s5XQM1JUL6PuzFAbG0jen4FarroYEziak&fref=nf
where they could post something.
I guess we are up to 4 days now.

The php server for the forum seems to be working, but the mysql database is returning a 1032 error code. You can google:

mysql error 1032 can't find record

for some interesting reading. So it would appear to be some sort of unfixed error in the database.
For some other entertainment, one can look at the phpBB site:
phpBB • Free and Open Source Forum Software
on which the forum is apparently hosted.

Last edited:
I guess one never knows for sure, it could be caused by some natural disaster.
That being said, the front page for laxpower still works, so they could put up a message there. Laxpower also has a facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/LaxPowerLa...faQ9s5XQM1JUL6PuzFAbG0jen4FarroYEziak&fref=nf
where they could post something.
I guess we are up to 4 days now.

The php server for the forum seems to be working, but the mysql database is returning a 1032 error code. You can google:

mysql error 1032 can't find record

for some interesting reading. So it would appear to be some sort of unfixed error in the database.
For some other entertainment, one can look at the phpBB site:
phpBB • Free and Open Source Forum Software
on which the forum is apparently hosted.
LaxPower is back up and appears to be running fine as of about 5-5:30 A.M. Sounds like you were right, Zack, guess they got around to fixing the "unfixed error".

Yep, the laxpower forum seems to be working now.
It does make one wonder about the forum's future, and makes one feel a little leery about making any long posts there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom