Class of 2025 - LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24)

Because he’s not a 5 star. If you have stars at rivals they are yellow, not gray. And if you look at his ranking to the right it says NR. Which means Not Ranked. Just people being confused and not knowing how to read their site.

I know. That’s why I asked what they were seeing.

lol

id like to see another example of an unranked person with 5 stars like this as this still makes zero sense to me
This is a 2024 preferred walk on committed to Syracuse. Walk on so obviously unranked. Its how it always is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427_154428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427_154428_Chrome.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 68
One day when Fran is long retired I am going to ask him how he did this. It’s impossible
I remember when we came out that first crazy period and some (including me) were wondering if we were out of NIL. I would really really like to know how he is managing that with all these recruits, and how much funding there really is behind the scenes.

This is a 2024 preferred walk on committed to Syracuse. Walk on so obviously unranked. Its how it always is
Thanks, now I’m completely convinced lol. Sorry I led everyone astray. When I saw his tape i was thinking five star for sure hence my confusion.

I remember when we came out that first crazy period and some (including me) were wondering if we were out of NIL. I would really really like to know how he is managing that with all these recruits, and how much funding there really is behind the scenes.

Didn't Fran say just a couple months ago he needs about $2M to compete at a high level and was close to it?

The bigger question is how long can we keep up the NIL pace. Like many other teams you can find money yrs 1-2-3 but SU do it for 5-10-20 yrs to stay in this game?

The bigger question is how long can we keep up the NIL pace. Like many other teams you can find money yrs 1-2-3 but SU do it for 5-10-20 yrs to stay in this game?
No school is going to keep this pace. Plumbers and teachers paying for players (who make more than they do) with no ROI is not sustainable.

Something’s going to give in the next 3-4 years.

I think Coach Fran positions us about as well as possible in this environment though.

It’s not all NIL, but obviously it’s a big part of it. Coaching relationships are huge as well and I think Fran has figured out that balance. I’m sure we never have the biggest bag, but a nice bag with the coaching relationships seem to be the path he is taking.

Didn't Fran say just a couple months ago he needs about $2M to compete at a high level and was close to it?
There was a recent basketball article, on an SU site, that said an elite basketball team needed to have $2 million annually for NIL. I don't remember if it said SU basketball had $2 million or not, but the $2 million figure was central to the article. But maybe that's where you picked up the $2 million figure; I would think a football team with 85 scholarship players would need a lot more than $2 million annually for NIL.

There was a recent basketball article, on an SU site, that said an elite basketball team needed to have $2 million annually for NIL. I don't remember if it said SU basketball had $2 million or not, but the $2 million figure was central to the article. But maybe that's where you picked up the $2 million figure; I would think a football team with 85 scholarship players would need a lot more than $2 million annually for NIL.
Football needs much much much more than $2MM per year to field a competitive team.

The entire landscape will be different in 2-3 years. We need to support SU football to make sure we are relevant and have a seat at the big boy table in year 4. Seems as if football has some NIL horses right now.

Because he’s not a 5 star. If you have stars at rivals they are yellow, not gray. And if you look at his ranking to the right it says NR. Which means Not Ranked. Just people being confused and not knowing how to read their site.

>I thought I’d paste this since not everyone goes into an article and reads it. What we’ve got here is a very serious player. This is a bit about how he got physically and mentally where he is today. It all begins with his mother. If you have read it apologies but this gets into dtails I didn't think everyone knew about.

Roughly five years ago in Quebec, Canada, as the owner and founder of F1RST TEAM performance, Yohan Miron heard from the mother of a young football player looking for significant training.

It was a conversation he’d had many times as a trainer and strength coach.

“She (said), ‘My son is very committed to what he wants to do, and he wants to go pro, he’s very good, he’s very mature for his age,’ Miron recalled.

“I get that speech every time a parent talks about their kids. But until I see the kid and I see how he is, I can't know if it's for real or not.”

Last edited by a moderator:
In my mind, if you are a true business person, large NIL payments year in and year out are not sustainable ...especially to unproven high school recruits.

Big NIL money losses on kids that don't pan out are going to damper NIL payments in the coming years, imo.

Big money will probably almost exclusively go to proven commodities over time, and even those might damper if businesses don't see consistent expected returns on investment (i.e., their team failing to win 10+ games/year or make significant runs in the playoffs)

Thought I read somewhere about $7-8M for a CFB team. But that was months ago.

In my mind, if you are a true business person, large NIL payments year in and year out are not sustainable ...especially to unproven high school recruits.

Big NIL money losses on kids that don't pan out are going to damper NIL payments in the coming years, imo.

Big money will probably almost exclusively go to proven commodities over time, and even those might damper if businesses don't see consistent expected returns on investment (i.e., their team failing to win 10+ games/year or make significant runs in the playoffs)
I don’t understand. I thought the money was to pay kids for doing TV commercials and autograph signings and such.

Too bad he can’t reclassify. Sounds ready now
He certainly looks ready. Between this kid and the Colorado St transfer we’ve added 2 players to the program days apart that are NFL size / metrics at their positions. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom