Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

I hope we land Grimes. Given the recent attrition, we have extra space and need to flesh out the class, and I'd prefer to land prospects that we know are legit.

It's Miami and you can see the causeway to Miami Beach at the top of the picture.

It was just the instructions they brought out...apparently they mail 3 copies of the nli 2 days before by fedex. You have to sign one and fax it in after 7 am wednesday it can not have a fax time before 7 am and they want it before 705 am.You get a second copy that you mail in and a third copy you use at the signing at the high school ceremony...that one you keep. sorry i miss understood what coach lea said he was coming out for on monday.
Sounds like they want to wrap up their day pretty early that day so they can get started on 2016:D

Last edited:
It was just the instructions they brought out...apparently they mail 3 copies of the nli 2 days before by fedex. You have to sign one and fax it in after 7 am wednesday it can not have a fax time before 7 am and they want it before 705 am.You get a second copy that you mail in and a third copy you use at the signing at the high school ceremony...that one you keep. sorry i miss understood what coach lea said he was coming out for on monday.

the entire faxing system to me analogizes perfectly how behind the times the ncaa is.

the entire faxing system to me analogizes perfectly how behind the times the ncaa is.
Agreed, and let's be honest - faxes are illegible half the time. You can scan a document on your phone and e-mail or text it these days, at a MUCH higher quality. Why scanning hasn't overtaken faxing is beyond me.

Bambrewer said:
I think he was all set to come here and some one convinced him he wouldn't qualify and he should go to marshal. Now he is very close to eligible and figured out he doesn't need to go to marshal. Just a guess though

Basically more then half the kids McDonald recruited were academic risks or failures. Wow

When I signed my NLI, four Cuse coaches ( Frank Maloney, Jerry Angelo, Nick Saban & Tom Coughlin) were present in NJ and they took it back to Cuse with them. What a day that was!
Hope you have a photo of that moment - some serious coaching chops in that bunch.

When I signed my NLI, four Cuse coaches ( Frank Maloney, Jerry Angelo, Nick Saban & Tom Coughlin) were present in NJ and they took it back to Cuse with them. What a day that was!
How did I never know that Nick Saban once coached at Syracuse?

The Maloney era and the early part of the Coach Mac era saw some amazing staff members: Saban, Coughlin, Angelo, O'Leary, Tressel, Edsall.
Also Gary Blackney, Ivan Fears, current RB coach for the Pats, George O'Leary HC at UCF and Clarence Brooks, current DL coach for the Ravens.

jekelish said:
Agreed, and let's be honest - faxes are illegible half the time. You can scan a document on your phone and e-mail or text it these days, at a MUCH higher quality. Why scanning hasn't overtaken faxing is beyond me.

Clearly you guys haven't googled 'insert football factory here' fax girl

Showing love to the Disabled it's an honor to be in their Presents! #WeCare #Family
261d.png
1f64f.png
pic.twitter.com/6AhrigGrVN>