LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft

If I'm him I would sign with rutgers. They have about 5 senior LB's exhausting their eligibility. He has a better chance to play there than at SU. Also rutgers lost out on the Reeder kid from Delaware. They offered GCA after that.

Heard he’s signing with Rutgers today
Glad he landed on his feet at a decent program.

He has some talent but was a real bonehead while he was here. Got him in trouble a bunch of times.

I hope he does well there. No question it will be way easier for him to play there than at Syracuse, where we have a corp of young starting LBs who are better than he is.

Best of luck to him, with #3 coming back and some promising recruits he may not have started here anyway .

Best of luck to him, with #3 coming back and some promising recruits he may not have started here anyway .

Definitely wouldn't have started, all 3 are back. He played situationally, I think on passing downs, likely because of his height for coverage. I could be making that up.

I assume Lowery now steps up to that role.

Glad he landed on his feet at a decent program.

He has some talent but was a real bonehead while he was here. Got him in trouble a bunch of times.

I hope he does well there. No question it will be way easier for him to play there than at Syracuse, where we have a corp of young starting LBs who are better than he is.

Yet Babers tried to convince/plead with him to stay for that so called two hour-ish meeting. Interesting.

Definitely wouldn't have started, all 3 are back. He played situationally, I think on passing downs, likely because of his height for coverage. I could be making that up.

I assume Lowery now steps up to that role.
I had always hoped he could bulk up to DE size, think that would have been a good spot for him.

Yet Babers tried to convince/plead with him to stay for that so called two hour-ish meeting. Interesting.
So you’re saying he did that because Cantin-Arku was better than Wax, Jones and Thompson?

Cantin-Arku is a high quality reserve but he was never starting over those 3, so not sure what your point is.

So you’re saying he did that because Cantin-Arku was better than Wax, Jones and Thompson?

Interesting thing about one's own thinking...it's 100% their own.

What I did imply was that Babers pleaded with him extensively to stay, therefore, Babers must of felt he was certainly worth fighting for and that he could clearly help this talent challenged football program of his.

Interesting thing about one's own thinking...it's 100% their own.

What I did imply was that Babers pleaded with him extensively to stay, therefore, Babers must of felt he was certainly worth fighting for and that he could clearly help this talent challenged football program of his.
Tomcat specifically said it would be easier for him to play at Memphis because he had 3 young starters in front of him that are better than him. That was the point of his post. Babers pleading with him to stay still doesn’t change that fact.

Tomcat never said that Cantin-Arku held no value to Syracuse.

So maybe spend less time trying to be snarky and more time actually reading what someone posts.

Last edited:
Tomcat specifically said it would be easier for him to play at Memphis because he had 3 young starters in front of him that are better than him. That was the point of his post. Barbers pleading with him to stay still doesn’t change that fact.

Tomcat never said that Cantin-Arku held no value to Syracuse.

Reading comprehension does help.

Tomcat offered an opinion, if you want to take that as fact, so be it.

The point of my post was that Babers felt strong enough to plead with him not to leave and must have felt he was worth it and he'd be a contributor. Who knows how the season plays out next year? Perhaps, he beats one of those younger guys out, or shares similar/equal plays from scrimmage based upon D packages, etc., let alone at any one moment there could be a significant or season ending type injury, etc.

Hopefully, your apparent need to throw some shade my way was fulfilling for you, however, it speaks more about you than anything else.

Edit: You are really good at changing your original posts before the edited displayed period. Kudos!

Last edited:

The point of my post was that Babers felt strong enough to plead with him not to leave and must have felt he was worth it and he'd be a contributor. Who knows how the season plays out next year? Perhaps, he beats one of those younger guys out, or shares similar/equal plays from scrimmage based upon D packages, etc., let alone at any one moment there could be a significant or season ending type injury, etc.

Hopefully, your apparent need to throw some shade my way was fulfilling for you, however, it speaks more about you than anything else.

Edit: You are really good at changing your original posts before the edited displayed period. Kudos!
I attempted to more softly point out your lack of reading comprehension but since you had to call out my edit I’ll be more harsh. Happy now?

And if you don’t like people throwing “shade” at you or whatever you want to call it, maybe don’t throw it at other people. So we can add lack of self-awareness now to the reading comprehension comment. And no I won’t be editing this one, you earned it.

Now back to doing more productive things with my time.

And admins I’m sure you have to nuke this post and that’s fine. This guy is just a idiot and got on my nerves lol.

I attempted to more softly point out your lack of reading comprehension but since you had to call out my edit I’ll be more harsh. Happy now?

And if you don’t like people throwing “shade” at you or whatever you want to call it, maybe don’t throw it at other people. So we can add lack of self-awareness now to the reading comprehension comment. And no I won’t be editing this one, you earned it.

And admins I’m sure you have to nuke this post and that’s fine. This guy is just a idiot and got on my nerves lol.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

He was a special teams leader and a quality reserve. My guess is he wanted more than that. With the 3 backer spots appearing to be locked up for next year, he chose to move on. It seems pretty cut and dried to me.

"More softly?" Sure. The fact that you felt the need to inject such an ad hominem slight (prior to your masked editing/deletion), not to mention in only the 2nd reply in our conversation, speaks for itself. Perhaps, it's you that needs to reflect relative to self-awareness.

Who was I throwing shade at? My response to Tomcat's opinion of: "there's no question it would be way easier to play there than at Syracuse" was simply; yet Babers pleaded with him during that 2 hour-ish meeting not to leave, therefore, that was interesting.

Your response at the time (prior to your masked editing) was only: "So you’re saying he did that because Cantin-Arku was better than Wax, Jones and Thompson?"

Prior to my subsequent sentence, I responded by saying; it's an interesting thing about one's own thinking, it's 100% their own. That's not snark, that is a fact. Actually, your initial response is what comes across as snark, or passive-aggressive in nature. Otherwise, if you truly interpreted my reply (to Tomcat) by what you initially wrote, you may want to reflect upon your own reading comprehension.