LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft

it's an interesting thing about one's own thinking, it's 100% their own. That's not snark, that is a fact…
I would argue that is not a fact. Our thoughts are influenced by what we read and hear. We accept some ideas, modify some to our liking and reject others in coming up with our own thinking.

Tomcat offered an opinion, if you want to take that as fact, so be it.

The point of my post was that Babers felt strong enough to plead with him not to leave and must have felt he was worth it and he'd be a contributor. Who knows how the season plays out next year? Perhaps, he beats one of those younger guys out, or shares similar/equal plays from scrimmage based upon D packages, etc., let alone at any one moment there could be a significant or season ending type injury, etc.

Hopefully, your apparent need to throw some shade my way was fulfilling for you, however, it speaks more about you than anything else.

Edit: You are really good at changing your original posts before the edited displayed period. Kudos!
FYI, I liked Cantin-Arcu (or Cantin now, I guess) and wish he had stayed. Just because he was beaten out by 3 guys for the starting spots at LB does not make him worthless. He played a lot with White’s system, where LBs are rotated in and it regularly, and you never know when a starter will get injured.

And I think it is really likely Mikel is going pro after next season. So Geoff was likely going to start at some point (I t think he did start some games, probably most games last season). Dino understood this as well.

I understand why he left. I am sure Dino did too. Hope he does well at Memphis. Don’t consider this a huge loss but he was the only backup LB with experience and while I really like some of our young guys waiting in the wings, you never know for sure how they are going to react when they see game action for the first time.

I am sure Tony will pick at least one of the backups and give him a lot of minutes next season. Based on what i saw late in the season, it is probably going to be Derek McDonald. Each departure gives others a great opportunity. This time is no different.

FYI, I liked Cantin-Arcu (or Cantin now, I guess) and wish he had stayed. Just because he was beaten out by 3 guys for the starting spots at LB does not make him worthless. He played a lot with White’s system, where LBs are rotated in and it regularly, and you never know when a starter will get injured.

And I think it is really likely Mikel is going pro after next season. So Geoff was likely going to start at some point (I t think he did start some games, probably most games last season). Dino understood this as well.

I understand why he left. I am sure Dino did too. Hope he does well at Memphis. Don’t consider this a huge loss but he was the only backup LB with experience and while I really like some of our young guys waiting in the wings, you never know for sure how they are going to react when they see game action for the first time.

I am sure Tony will pick at least one of the backups and give him a lot of minutes next season. Based on what i saw late in the season, it is probably going to be Derek McDonald. Each departure gives others a great opportunity. This time is no different.
Agreed. He is talented and a significant loss. Its why Dino spent 2 hours with him.
We can shrug it off but this kid and the CB are big losses.
Conversely keeping Mikel is bigger.

I would argue that is not a fact. Our thoughts are influenced by what we read and hear. We accept some ideas, modify some to our liking and reject others in coming up with our own thinking.

Argue as you wish. However, you may want to revisit your last two sentences, it actually solidifies my point. Now, the aforementioned information you gathered along the way to shape your thinking may not be factual, but make no mistake, your train of thought is indeed 100% yours and yours alone. Unless, you have some unique ability to transform yourself into more than one entity or being. ;):)

Last edited:
Argue as you wish. However, you may want to revisit your last three sentences, it actually solidifies my point. Now, the aforementioned information you gathered along the way to shape your thinking may not be factual, but make no mistake, your train of thought is indeed 100% yours and yours alone. Unless, you have some unique ability to transform yourself into more than one entity or being. ;):)

Argue as you wish. However, you may want to revisit your last three sentences, it actually solidifies my point. Now, the aforementioned information you gathered along the way to shape your thinking may not be factual, but make no mistake, your train of thought is indeed 100% yours and yours alone. Unless, you have some unique ability to transform yourself into more than one entity or being. ;):)
At times after i post i ask myself. Who posted that crap:)

;)Argue as you wish. However, you may want to revisit your last two sentences, it actually solidifies my point. Now, the aforementioned information you gathered along the way to shape your thinking may not be factual, but make no mistake, your train of thought is indeed 100% yours and yours alone. Unless, you have some unique ability to transform yourself into more than one entity or being. ;):)
Yes, you’ve convinced me, now my thoughts are the same as yours on this matter, 100%. ;)

We are not close to being deep enough or good enough to lose guys like this. Dumb penalties and all, this hurts our team.

Last edited:
You never want to lose good players. Kids who can contribute. Kids who provide quality depth. Both are things GCA provided. Makes perfect sense that Babers would try to convince him to stay. Who wouldn’t? Just the same, he probably wasn’t going to start unless there was an injury to one of the top 3 LBs.

You never want to lose good players. Kids who can contribute. Kids who provide quality depth. Both are things GCA provided. Makes perfect sense that Babers would try to convince him to stay. Who wouldn’t? Just the same, he probably wasn’t going to start unless there was an injury to one of the top 3 LBs.

Every school is losing guys and gaining guys. We're lucky that we're losing depth guys.

Wow good for him. I guess he played well down there
He was awesome for them. Him and Jawar seemed to be the transfers who fared the best. We know of the Duce, Jahad disappointments. Geer, Linton, Lamson didn’t exactly set the world on fire although Linton had some moments (I think his year at Texas Tech paralleled his Cuse years). Luke Benson, whose father supposedly openly criticized Babers and Syracuse at games in the stands, did nothing in 2 years at Georgia Tech. I heard that Benson's father and Garrett Williams' father had a heated discussion in the family section when Benson's father went on a diatribe. Mr. Williams defended Dino and the program. Garrett is doing pretty damn good for himself in the NFL!

He was awesome for them. Him and Jawar seemed to be the transfers who fared the best. We know of the Duce, Jahad disappointments. Geer, Linton, Lamson didn’t exactly set the world on fire although Linton had some moments (I think his year at Texas Tech paralleled his Cuse years). Luke Benson, whose father supposedly openly criticized Babers and Syracuse at games in the stands, did nothing in 2 years at Georgia Tech. I heard that Benson's father and Garrett Williams father had a heated discussion in the family section when Benson's father went on a diatribe. Mr. Williams defended Dino and the program. Garrett is doing pretty damn good for himself in the NFL!
Lee Kpogba of WVU also had a fine career. Was huge in their bowl victory over UNC. Led the team with 12 tackles and was the best player on the field.

Lee Kpogba of WVU also had a fine career. Was huge in their bowl victory over UNC. Led the team with 12 tackles and was the best player on the field.

good point, he was a one-man wrecking crew for the Mounties all year

Last edited:
Lee Kponga was super nice. Probably as good as Mikel. They would have started together for 3 years.

Cantin-Arku might have been the one of the best special teams player i've ever seen at Cuse as far as kick/punt coverage. He was a one man wrecking crew and one of the reasons Lustig got the promotion he did, along with Andre's amazing freshman season. I think he has a chance to stick in the NFL because he has the size and the amazing special teams ability that every team needs. Book it.

He was awesome for them. Him and Jawar seemed to be the transfers who fared the best. We know of the Duce, Jahad disappointments. Geer, Linton, Lamson didn’t exactly set the world on fire although Linton had some moments (I think his year at Texas Tech paralleled his Cuse years). Luke Benson, whose father supposedly openly criticized Babers and Syracuse at games in the stands, did nothing in 2 years at Georgia Tech. I heard that Benson's father and Garrett Williams' father had a heated discussion in the family section when Benson's father went on a diatribe. Mr. Williams defended Dino and the program. Garrett is doing pretty damn good for himself in the NFL!
Yeah i get Garrets dad sticking up for su. Benson was fast strait. He couldnt stop cut and then reaccelerate tzo save his life. If ur a football dad, u should alreadyknow what ur son is great at and not so great at. Thats just a dad who thought their kid was an all american when he wasnt. He didnt do at gtech. So how wrong were we really.