Class of 2019 - LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Syracuse Football: Canadian LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku commits to Cuse

Apparently Syracuse was not the only team after him, Buffalo and Kent State were also hot on his heels.

Brace yourselves Orange fans but Cantin-Arku said ‘that it has been his dream to play in the United States and a lot of people said it was impossible but it was something he worked incredibly hard for.’

Proximity to Canada was also a huge factor in the decision making process. While he’s a 2019 prospect, he still has to finish two required classes (English and Mathematics, we’ve all been there) in order to be officially eligible.

Cher Geoffrey,

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682--steven-spielberg-movies-original-memes.jpg

I am in love with this kid. The video imbedded in this thread is fun to watch when you consider this big kid is playing safety and returning punts. When you watch the video CuseLegacy linked to, you realize he is special. Makes me think of Tremaine Edmunds (Bills 1st Rnd pick). He is long, athletic, smart and physical.

I will predict that he will be our starting MLB in year 1 or 2. He is already playing our defense so their shouldn’t be much of a learning curve. Looking at our depth chart, If he doesn’t beat out Lakiem in year one, he will certainly be his successor.

Last edited:
I am in love with this kid. The video imbedded in this thread is fun to watch when you consider this big kid is playing safety and returning punts. When you watch the video CuseLegacy linked to, you realize he is special. Makes me think of Tremaine Edmunds (Bills 1st Rnd pick). He is long, athletic, smart and physical.

I will predict that he will be our starting MLB in year 1 or 2. He is already playing our defense so their shouldn’t be much of a learning curve. Looking at our depth chart, If he doesn’t beat out Lakiem in year one, he will certainly be his successor.

Totally agree, if he is truly, indeed 6'3"+ this is a great athletic frame to work with. Chisel him and work and train him like a safety or easily add #'s on that frame and work him toward a backer. Always gonna be a question as to why this kid wasnt rated.

Totally agree, if he is truly, indeed 6'3"+ this is a great athletic frame to work with. Chisel him and work and train him like a safety or easily add #'s on that frame and work him toward a backer. Always gonna be a question as to why this kid wasnt rated.
No question at all. He goes to school and plays in Canada. The services don't really cover those kids unless they attend their camps here in the US or transfer to a school in the US.

Lest we forget, we have another 6’4” LB from Canada waiting in the wings

If he can continue to work on his footwork he should be quite the pain for QB's throwing to their receivers. His size alone will help squeeze the vision and it would be fantastic to have LB's deflecting and picking off passes. Welcome to the Hill Geoffrey!

Lest we forget, we have another 6’4” LB from Canada waiting in the wings
No need to remind me. I know Richards was talked up as Franklins potential replacement at MLB, but right now he sees his opportunity SLB. Just based on what the depth chart looks like and that tape I made an asusmption. If we had two big 6’4” LBs next to each other, I will not care who plays which position.