Class of 2019 - LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

No need to remind me. I know Richards was talked up as Franklins potential replacement at MLB, but right now he sees his opportunity SLB. Just based on what the depth chart looks like and that tape I made an asusmption. If we had two big 6’4” LBs next to each other, I will not care who plays which position.

Would be such a change and different look! We have played with 6'0"ish backers for the last 8-10 years. Think Hogue at 6'2" might have been the tallest and most athletic.

Would be such a change and different look! We have played with 6'0"ish backers for the last 8-10 years. Think Hogue at 6'2" might have been the tallest and most athletic.
I don’t usually get too caught up in size. There have been plenty of short LBs that were successful in the NFL. But, in this defense, I think it’s a huge advantage. Regardless, having bigger, stronger and faster players compared to your opponent is how the big programs do it.

It should be noted, that recruiting service that we can't mention (the one that compiles all of the other recruiting services), just rated Geoffry Cantin. He is now our highest rated recruit.

It should be noted, that recruiting service that we can't mention (the one that compiles all of the other recruiting services), just rated Geoffry Cantin. He is now our highest rated recruit.
Talk about your under the radar steal. Dohn REALLY liked that kids tape. Babers had better build a wall around him before the wolves come creeping in. If Brian rated him at an 87 just from his tape, he might actually rate higher if an evaluator can get up to Canada and watch him play. Good job by the Cuse staff on finding him.

That recruiting service that we can't name has all of our commits rated as 3 stars now. Interesting.

Talk about your under the radar steal. Dohn REALLY liked that kids tape. Babers had better build a wall around him before the wolves come creeping in. If Brian rated him at an 87 just from his tape, he might actually rate higher if an evaluator can get up to Canada and watch him play. Good job by the Cuse staff on finding him.

When Geoffrey committed, a knowledgeable football poster on this forum suggested that despite being unrated, this kid was legit, would project to be a highly rated recruit, was the best prospect we'd gotten a commitment from to date, and that the high major programs would have been all over him if he'd been a player from the US instead of an under-exposed, raw prospect from Canada. Looks like he was right.

Hope we can hang on to him.

You think we have to worry now because of Dohn's rating? Thats funny.

Babers and staff already 'evaluated' him hence the offer. That's when I started to worry.

You think we have to worry now because of Dohn's rating? Thats funny.

Babers and staff already 'evaluated' him hence the offer. That's when I started to worry.
I do, actually. If he's going to give him a rating of .8700 without even watching him play live, I believe he would be even higher if they do go see a game. That is going to get the attention of every school in the NE and beyond.

I do, actually. If he's going to give him a rating of .8700 without even watching him play live, I believe he would be even higher if they do go see a game. That is going to get the attention of every school in the NE and beyond.

So you literally believe that Dohn's rating will get the attention of colleges more so than Syracuse having offered him a scholarship after a summer football camp? Wow, ok eye roll

Last edited:
That recruiting service that we can't name has all of our commits rated as 3 stars now. Interesting.
Not be the wet blanket, but Cantin, Bergeron, and Cole, don't have a completed composite score on that site. The 3 dots by the rating, indicates how many of the 3 major recruiting services have evaluated them. Those guys have only been evaluated by 1 service so far, and Rondi, Benson, and Red have been evaluated by 2.
Nunn and Jackson are the only 2 that have a completed composite by all 3 so far.

Not be the wet blanket, but Cantin, Bergeron, and Cole, don't have a completed composite score on that site. The 3 dots by the rating, indicates how many of the 3 major recruiting services have evaluated them. Those guys have only been evaluated by 1 service so far, and Rondi, Benson, and Red have been evaluated by 2.
Nunn and Jackson are the only 2 that have a completed composite by all 3 so far.

Any rating is better than no rating.

Any rating is better than no rating.
Yes...I'm not discounting the rating at all. I pointed it out, because I actually just realized that that's what those 3 dots mean next to the score.

Yes...I'm not discounting the rating at all. I pointed it out, because I actually just realized that that's what those 3 dots mean next to the score.
You educated me. I'm the first to admit that I don't pay any attention to the ratings and stars.

This guy is going to be a beast after a redshirt year. It’s crazy how much bigger and more atheletic our recent LBs have been.