Class of 2021 - LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered

Let's be honest - if SU really wanted this kid he would've chosen SU. They were slow playing him (why he kept releasing a top 6, top 5, top 4) and then eventually decided to pass - at which point he jumped on his ODU offer. Pretty obvious - not sure how a reasonable person comes to a different conclusion.
Is that how it works, whoever we want automatically chooses us? I will believe what was written in the articles. You can what you want.
Also thanks for trying to make it personal.

I was told we backed off.

I don't want to sound like we're taking a page from the Rutgers fan playbook, but this kid had one P5 offer. And if you look at tooforseven now, it shows us as cool and all the other non P5 offers as Warm or Warmer.

Seems pretty obvious that what you were told is true.

They have had a nice off season they also added Ricky Slade who is a beast RB

Agreed. Their new staff seems to have better recruiters overall as well. That school is a sleeping giant in G5. The admin has been investing heavy in facilities and staff and between local talent and an area that kids would like living they should be putting talented teams on the field consistently.

Now that's what I call actionable reconnaissance or maybe due diligence. In any event, end of story.

Although why he said he was, or we said he was, #1 on our board is beyond me.

Because he probably was at the time. I don't know what goes on between a recruiter and the talent he's recruiting, but I'm not going to doubt what he's saying.

For everyone else, wish him well and move on.

Because he probably was at the time. I don't know what goes on between a recruiter and the talent he's recruiting, but I'm not going to doubt what he's saying.

For everyone else, wish him well and move on.
Yup, so much goes into recruiting that we dont see. Sometimes its a personality trait that doesnt mesh with the coaches. I do give credit to ODU's staff for recruiting him hard and finding a guy that fits what they are trying to do.

I agree I think we pulled back. Out of the commits today Ellis is much bigger pick up for us than Henderson.

Sounds like he held out for better offers and lost his scholarship to Syracuse.

Playing the recruiting game would be tough for anyone. Especially teenagers with a sense of entitlement and large egos.

I like him as a player. Hope he does well at ODU. I suspect he will.

Playing the recruiting game would be tough for anyone. Especially teenagers with a sense of entitlement and large egos.

My suspicion based on following this is that the family was holding out for PSU, it didn’t come, and he was left with limited options. ODU offers him an opportunity for playing time, it’s reasonably close and their HC is a former PSU staffer. Best of luck to him, but a lot of hand wringing over this for nothing imo.

My suspicion based on following this is that the family was holding out for PSU, it didn’t come, and he was left with limited options. ODU offers him an opportunity for playing time, it’s reasonably close and their HC is a former PSU staffer. Best of luck to him, but a lot of hand wringing over this for nothing imo.
That makes sense along with potentially being a 3-4 year starter there. I like him but there were no guarantees at Cuse. He would have had to battle slots against Sparrow, Thompson, Matthew, Roon, Kinsler, Linton and Lowery. On top of that you have guys like Cantin, Jones and Kpogba

Kids a baller but doesn't really fit the size profile we need in the 3-3-5

That makes sense along with potentially being a 3-4 year starter there. I like him but there were no guarantees at Cuse. He would have had to battle slots against Sparrow, Thompson, Matthew, Roon, Kinsler, Linton and Lowery. On top of that you have guys like Cantin, Jones and Kpogba

I think people forget just how young our Lber corps is right now. Like you stated 10 guys at 1 year of experience or less. It’s already pretty crowded.

I think people forget just how young our Lber corps is right now. Like you stated 10 guys at 1 year of experience or less. It’s already pretty crowded.
Yup, Richards is the only vet and he even has another year

Chicken or egg. Do they put kids in the NFL or recruit future NFL players? At some point we have to grab more NFL talent. We can't just rely on developing diamonds in the rough. Of course some of what will allow us to do that will be beating our recruting rivals on the field consistently with whatever talent we do get. I think Dino can do both. Hopefully we see the next step in that direction whenever we get to play again.

Well either way, talent wins.

With regards to the discussion there is a difference, though.
We need to develop talent. Staff takes kids that have the physical attributes to be developed. Big frames, speed, height. Might lack strength, weight, techniques, football experience.
Its why the Wolverine is so important to Dino.

We need to develop talent. Staff takes kids that have the physical attributes to be developed. Big frames, speed, height. Might lack strength, weight, techniques, football experience.
Its why the Wolverine is so important to Dino.
I agree. We also need to pull in higher level recruits and win recruiting battles with peer rivals like Pitt and BC (the subject of the line of posts I was responding to). I think we can and will improve in that area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom