Class of 2021 - LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered

Mike Coxlong?

Is he related to Hugh G Rekshun? :p

(which, in a mildly amusing anecdote, was my eBay screen name;
because I didn’t realize back when I set it up, that it gets seen by everybody whom you deal with.)
:cool:
That’s exactly what he’s saying. I wouldn’t put that up if that’s not what he’s saying. Not sure what you’re talking about
But the "he" is not Jason. It's some other ODU dude ("shooters gunna shoot") on twitter. If that's correct, who cares? Twitters gunna tweet.

Last edited:

But the "he" is not Jason. It's some other ODU dude ("shooters gunna shoot") on twitter, right? If that's correct, who cares? Twitters gunna tweet.

correct. It’s someone who is pushing for support from other people to show that ODU is good for him. Clearly that’s not Jason in that tweet lol

correct. It’s someone who is pushing for support from other people to show that ODU is good for him. Clearly that’s not Jason in that tweet lol
Now Be respectful of your elders. ;)

It was Jason liking a tweet saying to like it if you go to ODU. Who knows if it means anything

So at his position. There’s 3 LBs in the scheme and we already have two bigger LBs committed.

My guess is Achuff was referring to the rover position. Feel like staff values NFL size in the LB's with long limbs (like Roon and Matthew), which makes sense in a 3-3-5.

My guess is Achuff was referring to the rover position. Feel like staff values NFL size in the LB's with long limbs (like Roon and Matthew), which makes sense in a 3-3-5.

makes sense

makes sense

For Henderson? I'm not so sure he's a fit at rover. I know that he's short, but he seems like a linebacker all the way. Never say never, but it seems like a player like this would lack the coverage versatility to play rover in a 3-3-5.

Would welcome the perspective of some of the board football coaches on this -- but isn't the rover in our system more suited for a safety who can hit / support the run, but can also cover? I.E., someone like Donovin Darius or Shamarko, who were DBs but big hitters that weren't liabilities against the run?

For Henderson? I'm not so sure he's a fit at rover. I know that he's short, but he seems like a linebacker all the way. Never say never, but it seems like a player like this would lack the coverage versatility to play rover in a 3-3-5.

Would welcome the perspective of some of the board football coaches on this -- but isn't the rover in our system more suited for a safety who can hit / support the run, but can also cover? I.E., someone like Donovin Darius or Shamarko, who were DBs but big hitters that weren't liabilities against the run?

Not sure. Let's say he's 5-11 215 (like Shamarko). Would imagine that's rover size to play in the box and downhill. I'd expect in coverage you'd be assigned to the TE or spying backs out of the backfield. Not sure that position is suited to cover fast slot guys, but I don't know

Folk I think is also projected as a Rover but might also be a traditional safety.

That’s exactly what he’s saying. I wouldn’t put that up if that’s not what he’s saying. Not sure what you’re talking about
I am saying that the language he wrote doesn't ACTUALLY say that. (The words you wrote ACTUALLY say that.) It may, in a certain lexicon, mean that, but it doesn't state it.

Food for thought for sure the 3-3-5 presents some opportunities for a guy like this, just don't know if his cover skills are good enough like you said but the staff really seems to be high on a kid with limited offers. Hope we get the kid regardless where he winds up, really a great athlete with great instincts for the football.

Not sure. Let's say he's 5-11 215 (like Shamarko). Would imagine that's rover size to play in the box and downhill. I'd expect in coverage you'd be assigned to the TE or spying backs out of the backfield. Not sure that position is suited to cover fast slot guys, but I don't know

Folk I think is also projected as a Rover but might also be a traditional safety.

I get it from a generic size perspective, but watching this particular recruit's film - he seems like a linebacker [and more specifically, a MIDDLE linebacker]. Don't really see him as having safety skills [admittedly, that's based upon limited observation]. Not sure about the wheels / coverage skills as a rover.

And with the above disclaimer about his size, it is important to keep in mind that he's a junior in high school. So 5-11 210 now should easily be 230 in two years.

Last edited:
correct. It’s someone who is pushing for support from other people to show that ODU is good for him. Clearly that’s not Jason

But the "he" is not Jason. It's some other ODU dude ("shooters gunna shoot") on twitter, right? If that's correct, who cares? Twitters gunna tweet.

Maybe it was this guy:

What happened here? Did we lose interest in him, or did he lose interest in us?

Dohn has him to ODU. I wonder if the staff pulled back because this entire down to 4, 3, 2, 1 over a month. I have no problem with kids wanting to take time to announce I just think this one was a little different with a count down. Personally I want the player that is all in early for SU.

Needs constantly are changing with new staff, team assessments and commits. It’s possible he missed the boat when the other lbs committed and the staff changed direction. Recruiting isnt static. My guess would be our needs changed. That’s not a knock on the young man either. Good luck to him at his school.

Dohn has him to ODU. I wonder if the staff pulled back because this entire down to 4, 3, 2, 1 over a month. I have no problem with kids wanting to take time to announce I just think this one was a little different with a count down. Personally I want the player that is all in early for SU.
Whittling down an offer list, in normal times to take the allotted number of official visits, is quite normal. Many prospects are recruited for years. This year with the change in staff and extended Dead Period It's not surprising that some kids are taking their time in making a commitment.

Needs constantly are changing with new staff, team assessments and commits. It’s possible he missed the boat when the other lbs committed and the staff changed direction. Recruiting isnt static. My guess would be our needs changed. That’s not a knock on the young man either. Good luck to him at his school.
I think some has to do with the restrictions of recruiting this year. No visits to campus with staff contact. No camps. Offers based off of videos. I can understand kids having difficulty making a decision.

No idea what transpired. Still think this kid can really play.

He may be looking at waiting a while too to play. Nothing wrong with picking a smaller school with a lot of playing time. Kids wanna play

Maybe he's just tired of reading posts that say maybe he could play this or maybe play this, or he could help on special teams. The kid thinks he can play and could help and I agree with him. How many 17 or 18 year old kids do you know who want to hear some total self acclaimed guru speak to what they consider their limitations. Look I don't know that many of you. You may be the hottest HS coach in America, or the best Madden player around, but leave the recruiting to the SU coaching staff. And I am so damn tire of reading we have no chance against this or that school because they're better academically and they have a great network. (Michigan for one recent post) Have you heard of Maxwell, The Whitman School, Architecture, Performing arts? We're not Harvard, Stanford, William and Mary etc. but our liberal arts provides a solid degree and if you want to talk SU network. Have you even heard how lax puts kids in NYC internships in the summer? The virus is leaving us all with too much time on our hands. But read a book. Watch TV (Ozark if you haven't) Play Madden if you must. But please if you post, post positive. Stop the Jr high playing around with names. Encourage. If you went to SU sell it. I am really sad to think we may have lost Henderson. And if he's reading this I just want to tell him it's a great school. You'll have a education beyond value. You will be playing in your junior year for the ACC championship and possibly beyond. But in the end, whatever you decide to do, I wish you nothing but success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom