Class of 2021 - LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Jason Henderson (PA) Offered

I just wish this kid would hurry up and commit to us or SU whichever comes first, so we can boast about the 3 awesome linebackers we picked up this year.

If this is true, this is what ticks me off in recruiting and yes I know this is done all the time. But when you commit , honor it. I'm sure we have put a lot of time in him and and have avoided recruiting others as hard. With the offers he has, you would think he would be so excited to get one from us. If he is holding out on PSU OSU or ND, I don't see it happening.

If this is true, this is what ticks me off in recruiting and yes I know this is done all the time. But when you commit , honor it. I'm sure we have put a lot of time in him and and have avoided recruiting others as hard. With the offers he has, you would think he would be so excited to get one from us. If he is holding out on PSU OSU or ND, I don't see it happening.
The hard part about stances like this, is well once a school puts an offer out there, they should honor it. We all know schools dump kids all the time, and they make offers that are contingent on this or that, and/or if these other guys say no, it's your spot!

Until one side plays completely fair, there is no reason for the other side to do the same. I wish it were different, and a school wouldn't offer until a kid had a spot, and once the offer happens, if a kid says yes, they stuck to it. But they don't, and as such I surely won't hold it against a teenager for changing their minds if the school isn't forced to stay true to their original intentions.

The hard part about stances like this, is well once a school puts an offer out there, they should honor it. We all know schools dump kids all the time, and they make offers that are contingent on this or that, and/or if these other guys say no, it's your spot!

Until one side plays completely fair, there is no reason for the other side to do the same. I wish it were different, and a school wouldn't offer until a kid had a spot, and once the offer happens, if a kid says yes, they stuck to it. But they don't, and as such I surely won't hold it against a teenager for changing their minds if the school isn't forced to stay true to their original intentions.
I don't have a problem with the number of offers a school makes. It really bothers me when a school accepts a recruit's verbal only to dump him when the numbers don't align. Imo, it's unethical and speaks volumes about a staff's character.

But it goes both ways. Teams will put out offers to 8 linebackers, but if they get their top guy or two they tell the kid he’s got to look elsewhere. Or worse, they just stop communicating with him. Ugly business.
My advice for the kid or the coach is just be honest.

This guy thinks he's a 5 star recruit.
I don't have a problem with the recruits having fun with the process. How often are you going to be the center of attention for a bunch of millionaires? How often will thousands hold their breath for your every move?

Enjoy this Jason. And when you are ready, be sure to pick Syracuse!

Gonna be a bummer for the 3 schools that get cut. :rolleyes:

He's got 1 P5 offer.
Temple is a solid, in-state program.
Nova is a good in-state FCS.
And ??

And yet you’re on a fan forum reading and posting on a thread about him. Such a garbage take to put into the world.

If you take issue with kids doing this then that’s awfully ironic because you’re a part of that “problem.”

And yet you’re on a fan forum reading and posting on a thread about him. Such a garbage take to put into the world.

If you take issue with kids doing this then that’s awfully ironic because you’re a part of that “problem.”
I don't take any issue w/ it-just find it funny. We might be the only school on his list that actually has a fanbase.

Last edited:
Sad rec. Because you're right. And it seems more the latter.
we have no idea what the staff is telling this kid. they have a lot of commits for this early in the year - maybe they're telling him to hold off. Not sure why everyone is assuming he's trying to slow-play SU and not the other way around given the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom