LB Juan Wallace in the Transfer Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LB Juan Wallace in the Transfer Portal

Juan did what's best for him & also what's best for Syracuse.
1. He'll have an opportunity to please somewhere else (hopefully).
2. We don't need anyone who is afraid of competition, because when the game is on the line THEY WILL FOLD!
3. The last thing you want is an LB who does not have the grit or intestinal fortitude to fight it out!

I wish him the best, but he will forever be haunted that he didn't have the ❤️ to compete...Remember - you've gotta have the tough guys to win.

Juan did what's best for him & also what's best for Syracuse.
1. He'll have an opportunity to please somewhere else (hopefully).
2. We don't need anyone who is afraid of competition, because when the game is on the line THEY WILL FOLD!
3. The last thing you want is an LB who does not have the grit or intestinal fortitude to fight it out!

I wish him the best, but he will forever be haunted that he didn't have the ❤ to compete...Remember - you've gotta have the tough guys to win.
I don't think we know what kinds of conversations the coaches have had with him, even though you probably have more access to that kind of stuff more than most of us. It's probably not fair to question his heart or toughness. It may be as simple as the new defensive coordinator telling him he isn't a good fit for a system he wasn't recruited for.

Good for him. Has to feel reassuring to have coaches who he is familiar with and who know his abilities. Best of luck to him.
Now that he is off the roster, how many open scholarships for class of 2020 HS, JUCOs or Grad Transfers exist?

Lewis left for Kent State (December 2017) before Wallace committed (February 2018), so there isn't familiarity there.

This makes me wonder if Wallace and staff realized he didn't fit the new scheme, and he was given recommendations by the staff to help him land elsewhere.

Lewis left for Kent State (December 2017) before Wallace committed (February 2018), so there isn't familiarity there.

This makes me wonder if Wallace and staff realized he didn't fit the new scheme, and he was given recommendations by the staff to help him land elsewhere.
EDIT: As LeMoyneCuse nicely pointed out below, the Post Standard article is incorrect.

From the PS article, Kaufman was Wallace’s position coach his first year.
Golden Flashes defensive coordinator Tom Kaufman worked with Wallace directly as SU’s linebackers coach during his Wallace’s first season.

Last edited:
Now that he is off the roster, how many open scholarships for class of 2020 HS, JUCOs or Grad Transfers exist?

We are at 82 for the class of 2020 right now...if someone's numbers are correct. ;)

There is familiarity through the recruiting process. Juan was initially offered in February of 2017.

Apparently Brent Axe doesn't know Juan Wallace transferred as he thinks Wallace is in the running for a linebacker position per his article in today's paper: "Outside of that, it’s a bunch of players who are trying to make a name for themselves. Who will it be among the likes of Lee Kpogba, Juan Wallace, Steve Linton and Geoff Cantin-Arku?"

Apparently Brent Axe doesn't know Juan Wallace transferred as he thinks Wallace is in the running for a linebacker position per his article in today's paper: "Outside of that, it’s a bunch of players who are trying to make a name for themselves. Who will it be among the likes of Lee Kpogba, Juan Wallace, Steve Linton and Geoff Cantin-Arku?"

He also did not mention Kingsley Jonathan in part one when suggesting replacements for Alton Robinson. Kingsley had excellent production at DE the last 2 seasons and is by far the person most likely to be the top pass rushing DE on SU this season.

He also did not mention Kingsley Jonathan in part one when suggesting replacements for Alton Robinson. Kingsley had excellent production at DE the last 2 seasons and is by far the person most likely to be the top pass rushing DE on SU this season.
The paper has been rotating through furloughs for the writers. It must be Bailey's turn as analysis would be his topic.

The paper has been rotating through furloughs for the writers. It must be Bailey's turn as analysis would be his topic.
Yes, he mentioned he was going to be on furlough in a tweet a few days ago.

I hope all the writers of the PS, and other places too, get through this unscathed. These were tough times for newspapers beforehand. COVID is really damaging local media outlets.

If you enjoy reading PS articles, now would be a good time to pay for a subscription. I fear for the future.

If you enjoy reading PS articles, now would be a good time to pay for a subscription. I fear for the future.
A few months ago I decided it was time for me to stop grumbling about the PS locked access articles and just cough up the money for the online subscription even though I live in another state and much of it is not relevant. I used to get one local paper delivered each morning but as more and more cuts happened, the local news got more and more sparse. I now subscribe to 2 local morning papers to get the same kind of coverage that I used to get in one - and I am grateful. So many towns no longer have a newspaper, let alone two. The morning paper is a vital part of my morning routine and I prefer it in real print but I have to say, The Post-Standard has one of the better online versions I've seen. Support your journalists!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom