Class of 2018 - LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Headline on Buttgers rvls page

“Cuse commit Juan Wallace recaps weekend visit to Rutgirls”

they're giddy about flipping him

Anything to be concerned about?

with rutgirls I doubt it but i have no idea. just the messenger here. i think it's safe to assume he and a few others will take some work to hold onto.

Evil Ewok 13062017132511.jpg

No. Just No.

Sounds like Wallace had a good visit to Georgia, but is still committed to Cuse.

Thought the part about Georgia only taking one ILB this cycle and the coaches still evaluating the board and coming to a decision soon was interesting. Maybe a pecking order being put in place for the one "committable" offer of the group of ILBs listed.

Syracuse LB commit Juan Wallace calls UGA trip his 'best vist' so far

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like he's a take for Georgia right now from that article but if they miss on a few guys he could be.
Agreed. Just updated my original post stating the same

“Right now I’m just committed to Syracuse,” Wallace said. “I’m just taking visits right now to see where I am but Georgia was a standout visit. An eye-popping visit. It was an eye-catching visit that will really impact my decision.”

That doesn't sound too optimistic to me. Looks like he's planning a visit to WVU as well. I guess if we're competing with the big boys, these are the battles we'll have to win.

I think he feels very comfortable at SU and the fact of being closer to home and how can you not appreciate out coaching staff with HCDB. I'm sure we are talking with him quite often also.

“Right now I’m just committed to Syracuse,” Wallace said. “I’m just taking visits right now to see where I am but Georgia was a standout visit. An eye-popping visit. It was an eye-catching visit that will really impact my decision.”

That doesn't sound too optimistic to me. Looks like he's planning a visit to WVU as well. I guess if we're competing with the big boys, these are the battles we'll have to win.
Exactly.

I am committed right now-i.e. until I have a committable Georgia ( or similar) offer

dont forget he is a jan enrollee too. so GA will have to commit to him early in the process while still waiting on bigger fish if they have some
Huge piece of the equation. Early signing period is huge in circumstances like this. Georgia has to move now otherwise they have a much higher risk of losing out on Wallace. Him being an Early Enrollee is huge for that as well.

If he's not a take right now, they'll have to know pretty quick whether or not he's their guy, otherwise they have to convince him to continue to hold-out...

Two things:
1) Early Signing period benefits schools like Syracuse
2) You want more sought after recruits, then you need to embrace this type of competition

WVU is a few hours from D.C. (3?) If close to home is a factor, it's not in our favor against WVU. Like our chances with them, but if Georgia decides to let him commit, we loose him

Over reaction, I know. I see it and my brain explodes. Sorry. And it was a brain fart.

WVU is a few hours from D.C. (3?) If close to home is a factor, it's not in our favor against WVU. Like our chances with them, but if Georgia decides to let him commit, we loose him
There is not one on here knows for SURE what he is going to do, even with a committable offer with Georgia. A lot on here thought the same thing about Ifeatu Melifonwu last year with Michigan. We sometimes get ourselves all wrapped up in the "what if" situation. Its a normal reaction but we should just try to stay positive that he is still coming to SU.

Over reaction, I know. I see it and my brain explodes. Sorry. And it was a brain fart.
It was legit. I am the same way. On the other hand Brian fart was intended and a joke.