Class of 2018 - LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Anyone know at events such as that, or combines of some kind - if heights are with or without footwear?
Without.

Interesting thing, though, is that heights reported by the various combines can vary by a good inch or so. Same with the camps. Especially with the camps. Pretty amusing to watch a 5'2" girl trying to get the height of a 6'4" football player.

Impressed with his film too. Seems like an old school classic MLB to me. Slithers through gaps to get to the ball, really agile, looks like he can cover an RB, excellent tackler. Diagnoses plays well. Smart. Already has the size to play at the BCS level and has all the attributes to succeed at MLB at Syracuse. Reminds me a lot of Franklin.
Yessir. I agree wth everything you said.

I'm slow clapping.
yes-rudy1.gif

Every source lists an offer from Wisconsin, as well as articles. Carlson omitted the Wisconsin offer from his article yesterday.

Seems pretty consistent that Wallace likely has offers from:

Syracuse
Maryland
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Duke
Rutgers
Kentucky
Iowa State

Great Get. What a start to the class. Early commits with legit talent/offers. No early under the radar kids except for Lutz but his talent is clear.

Last edited:
Also great to be getting into the DC city schools again. Lots of talent there. Big get for Reno!

Most definitely. This is a great development. Reno starting to pay dividends.

We had an HD Woodson kid before, I'll have to go dig the archives. Can't remember if he was a late CoachP kid or a GRob kid.

We had an HD Woodson kid before, I'll have to go dig the archives. Can't remember if he was a late CoachP kid or a GRob kid.
De'jon Wilson went to HS at Woodson.

De'jon Wilson went to HS at Woodson.
Devin Butler, the ND transfer CB, is also from DC and played at Gonzaga...

Donte Herrod?

Without.

Interesting thing, though, is that heights reported by the various combines can vary by a good inch or so. Same with the camps. Especially with the camps. Pretty amusing to watch a 5'2" girl trying to get the height of a 6'4" football player.
Yes - haven't seen it done, but I would have to imagine that accuracy is in the hands of the person doing the measuring and how they do it: pencils on a door jam, tape measure, colored height markers at the exits of a 7 Eleven...

Getting into the DMV area is huge. I liked Marrone but I always thought his biggest mistake was abondoning that area for the NYC area.

Mike London is now the HC of Howard University. Syracuse will be participating in a camp they are having 6/16. Good way to get some look at DC talent.

Mini Camp**
06/16/2017 - 06/16/2017
Howard U
, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Ages 15-20 | Grades 9th to 12th
Session Type: One Day
The Syracuse football coaching staff will be on site.

This young man appears to be one tough defender - a solid Mike - Clifton Smith type?