Class of 2014 - LB Parris Bennett (Detroit) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 LB Parris Bennett (Detroit) Offered

Now That's hardnosed
Parris+Island+212.jpg

The D Zone@TheD_Zone23m
University of Detroit Jesuit LB Parris Bennett was just offered by Syracuse University. #TheDZone
That film was impressive. He hits like a hammer. Great tackling technique. Already looks really good in pass coverage. Seemed especially effective in the red zone.

This kid will play and will play early.

That film was impressive. He hits like a hammer. Great tackling technique. Already looks really good in pass coverage. Seemed especially effective in the red zone.

This kid will play and will play early.
Reads plays
Sheds blockers
Hits hard

Would have liked to see some highlights of him tracking someone down from across the field. Bulk up a bit and I could see him playing on the inside. Granted it's highlights but he seems to know how to operate in traffic.

ESPN gave Bennett a nice rating bump all the way up to a high 3 star (77), which is the same exact ranking for the other 3 committed LBers. Our 2 other LB prospects got bumps as well. Cabinda up to 74, and Sykes all the way up to a 4 star (80) rating.

You know that wouldn't have happened anywhere but ESPN

We'll always have Parris, here's looking at you kid (sorry just had to do it)

Yep, ESPN is my go-to on rankings because they don't rely on subscribers for each team's site. No matter how you boil it down, R*vals and S*out both have a vested interested in keeping their paying customers paying. They do it partially through generating excitement with the star system.

Yep, ESPN is my go-to on rankings because they don't rely on subscribers for each team's site. No matter how you boil it down, R*vals and S*out both have a vested interested in keeping their paying customers paying. They do it partially through generating excitement with the star system.
Not to mention ESPN is the only site that actually gives justifications for their ratings with their in depth break downs. They tend to over value qbs but otherwise it is top notch

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not to mention ESPN is the only site that actually gives justifications for their ratings with their in depth break downs. They tend to over value qbs but otherwise it is top notch

Yep and the ratings don't seem biased.

Well, seeing as they're the only site that has our 2014 QB rated a 4-star I'll say 1) you might be right and 2) that's fine with me :D

Agree 150%. They've really stepped it up over the past 2-3 years and came out of nowhere to be the most reliable and objective of the major services. People may or may not agree with their analysis or rankings but they provide justification for every single recruit they slap a numerical and star rating on. Skout and Rvls still refuse to do that and that's why outside their top 250, their ratings are a joke. They allow way too much leeway for rogue site "analysts" to subjectively skew the ratings to suit their personal needs.

Kid loves to tackle. Then he just gets back up and gets ready for the next play. Seems like the perfect Shafer LB.

Jason who?

All this talk of playing CMU in 2014 and Cabinda flipping made me think of one of our first LB commits. Can see him in a game this year..

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/620956/parris-bennett
I always thought that Bennett was a vastly underrated commit on our list. It just seems that some kids don't have the high end publicity thing going for them. BennettIMO is one of them. Cabinda will do well at PS and just keep their reputation in tact. Thats what pisses me off. They get that thing going and our ability to produce running backs going to the pros and excelling has tapered off to nothing. Delone Carter and Brinkley come to mind as those that got there and have done nothing.Smith may be another due to his speed which is not up to NFL standards in reality.PTG doesn't have the size to go very far. I hope I'm wrong for both these kids but I nailed both Brinkley and Carter as NFL flops way before they were drafted or signed as FAs.

LOL... Just saw this title on Rovals.. must be another jurno.

October 24, 2013
Bennett looks for playoff birth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom