Class of 2016 - LB Tim Walton (MI) SIGNED LOI/Entered Transfer Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Tim Walton (MI) SIGNED LOI/Entered Transfer Portal

The Skout article is available through the link posted by Bailey.

Free Article and Video

Seems like once again someone jumped the gun before the kid had a chance to make the announcement.

Seems like once again someone jumped the gun before the kid had a chance to make the announcement.
It would appear so, but the article did make it sound like a very solid done deal.

Ugh. Hope it's still true, though.

BTW, this has to be it, right? All schollies are gone.

There would def still be room for Reese and perhaps a WR. Not sure how that would be made, but I'm sure it would be done.

His combine #s at the spring Columbus Opening were marginal and he skipped the 40.

Tim Walton – The Opening Columbus OHIO Results

6-2 - Height

227 - Weight

N/A - 40 time

4.56 - Shuttle

34.5 – PB

26.7 – VJ

No Rating

Last edited:
th

His combine #s at the spring Columbus Opening combine were marginal and he skipped the 40.

Tim Walton – The Opening Columbus OHIO Results

6-2 - Height

227 - Weight

N/A - 40 time

4.56 - Shuttle

34.5 – PB

26.7 – VJ

No Rating

I have no idea what good #'s in those categories are. But the 6-2, 227 works for me. We shall see.

The numbers ALWAYS wind up working themselves out, generally due to unexpected attrition. Every single year we have:
  • A player or two who decide to transfer due to lack of perceived PT
  • A player or two who flunks out of school
  • A player or two who decides to hang 'em up due to medical reasons
  • A player or two who decides to take his diploma and move on with the rest of their lives
  • A player or two who have a disciplinary issue that leads to them leaving school
  • A player or two who leaves football to pursue some other interest
Also keep in mind that we generally have a recruit or two fail to qualify.

Also factor in that we have a new coaching staff, and that after spring practice we might have some additional attrition that isn't clear now due to these guys deciding that they don't like the direction of the program, that this isn't the staff they signed up to play with, etc.

I'd expect us to sign 25 or possibly even more recruits. There were at least 3-4 players from last year's roster who I expected to be contributors this year who ended up being medically disqualified, etc. so my expectation is that the normal attrition will open up 5 or more additional slots for the fall. Happens every year, in various combinations of reasons why.

Guys like Black, Ruff and Walton, the big safeties, etc. are just fundamentally different players than the players Coach Shafer and his crew were going after.

It is getting clear that we are going to have a powerful, physical defense that hits hard and is nasty. We might have problems against teams with 3 or 4 really fast WRs that spread the field but no one is going to beat this defense in a year or two with a simple power rushing attack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom