Class of 2015 - LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Troy Henderson JR (OH) Signed LOI

Just a reminder Don't post links to articles on TOS unless it is a free article... and no posting info from the payside. Your post will be deleted.

This kid may end up as our best recruit of 2015, he was a huge get and frankly should have gotten more attention than he did, and I am grateful for it!

Ya know - I've been sleeping on this kid. Haven't really looked over his highlight with a fine tooth until last night. He is going to be a special linebacker as well. In two years, our Linebacking core is going to be one of the best in the ACC. Remember that quote.

This kid may end up as our best recruit of 2015, he was a huge get and frankly should have gotten more attention than he did, and I am grateful for it!
This entire season, after he committed, I paid attention as his team advanced further and further. St. Edwards has a tremendous tradition and sends kids on to high level programs on an annual basis.

He may be a touch undersized for the larger programs, but, he dominated for a very high level high school program.

I waited, and waited and waited to hear bad news. Come to find out, the kid's rock solid. He's had big time programs come after him too. I agree that this was one of the biggest gets of the class.

There is a theme with this class, and Troy Henderson is part of the majority of that theme as opposed to the minority.

5'11 217 this weekend. Kids solid not cut like shy but has giant arms and legs. He and shy discussed rooming together... he was very concerned about having a clean roommate. He didnt like getting up at 9 am though Shy needs a punctual roommate. I talked to him for a while he had an awesome time up there and cant wait to be there full time

5'11 217 this weekend. Kids solid not cut like shy but has giant arms and legs. He and shy discussed rooming together... he was very concerned about having a clean roommate. He didnt like getting up at 9 am though Shy needs a punctual roommate. I talked to him for a while he had an awesome time up there and cant wait to be there full time

Oh good... the two Mr. Cleans sharing a room. ;)

CuseLegacy said:
Just a reminder Don't post links to articles on TOS unless it is a free article... and no posting info from the payside. Your post will be deleted.

Sorry CL. I do know that rule.

At the time I posted it here, it was a free article link that was posted on Twitter. I am not a member of any other site at this time.

Sorry peeps.

Ya know - I've been sleeping on this kid. Haven't really looked over his highlight with a fine tooth until last night. He is going to be a special linebacker as well. In two years, our Linebacking core is going to be one of the best in the ACC. Remember that quote.
Dare I say one of the best in the country...with the way Zaire performed this year, the potential of Thomas and Bennett as well as moskal. The new kids coming in are fast and built. Solid future.

T-Hen State champ‏@_Troy3 3m3 minutes ago

"I'm waaaayyyyy up I feel blessed". Signing day tomorrow at 2 see you there
1f60f.png
1f4dd.png
1f454.png
http://instagram.com/p/yqNcIyDG_n/

He's gonna hate getting up a 5:30 AM then. Breakfast, workout, check in with coaches, then off to class to start the day.

He's gonna hate getting up a 5:30 AM then. Breakfast, workout, check in with coaches, then off to class to start the day.

He might not like it, I know I don't like getting up that early, but I am sure that he is already use to this type of schedule. A lot of these HS football programs are very regimented.

He might not like it, I know I don't like getting up that early, but I am sure that he is already use to this type of schedule. A lot of these HS football programs are very regimented.
We're starting to shift to a workout routine before school starts and practice at the end of the day. This is what we did when I was in high school and then it fell out of favor for awhile, people thought it put too much stress on the body. We've had better results in terms of injury prevention. I think that strongly correlated to how much contact there is in practice though.

We're starting to shift to a workout routine before school starts and practice at the end of the day. This is what we did when I was in high school and then it fell out of favor for awhile, people thought it put too much stress on the body. We've had better results in terms of injury prevention. I think that strongly correlated to how much contact there is in practice though.

I know down here in the south a lot of these HS programs start early in the morning. When my one nephews played FB in 7th/8th grade in Texas practice was at 6:30. Of course we have the early morning practices in the summer because of the heat.

Especially when he's pushing cars uphill as I'm sure Shy can't wait to do ala Smarako.

This entire season, after he committed, I paid attention as his team advanced further and further. St. Edwards has a tremendous tradition and sends kids on to high level programs on an annual basis.

He may be a touch undersized for the larger programs, but, he dominated for a very high level high school program.

I waited, and waited and waited to hear bad news. Come to find out, the kid's rock solid. He's had big time programs come after him too. I agree that this was one of the biggest gets of the class.

There is a theme with this class, and Troy Henderson is part of the majority of that theme as opposed to the minority.

I totally agree with you on Henderson. I really hope everyone appreciates this kid. This kid basically wanted to be Orange since day 1. This is even after we made him hold of on committing because we were inexplicably too busy chasing that Sawyer Dawson kid who ended up committing to Purdue. Talk about dodging a bullet. I liked Dawson, but I didn't think he was close to the player that Henderson is. Luckily the timing worked out where we found out Dawson spurned us, and Henderson didn't commit to Rutgers. While we were chasing Dawson, Henderson was down at RU and got the golf cart treatment during one of RU's camp. He even set a date where he was going to commit (to RU) when we found out Dawson was going to Purdue. Luckily Coach Lea was able to get back in touch, and the kid pushed back his commitment even after knowing he was basically 2nd choice. Then Nebraska offers, and we're still able to get his commitment. We can also thank Zaire Franklin for this. They bonded during his visit, and Zaire remained in touch the whole time. This kid has been solid from day 1, which is even more then we can say for ourselves. I gained a ton of respect for him how he handled everything. and even turned down invitations to visit some big time programs during the past couple of weeks. I'm a fan for all SU guys, but there are certain ones I pull for just a little more, and Troy is going to be one of those kids.

Now onto his tape. I think this kid is an absolute beast. I have no idea why we even flirted with that other kid. Most HS LB's don't have the skill to drop back in coverage, but Henderson shows the ability to do just that. I'm willing to bet that he would have been our best coverage LBer this year. Everything else is rock solid. He played elite competition for one of the best HS programs in the country. If this kid was 3 inches taller he would have been a 4 star, and would have had even more interest then he already did.

And Jack I agree with you. I can see Troy as one of the very best linebackers in the ACC before his time here is done. Of all the LB's we signed the past 2 years I rank him 2nd behind Zaire Franklin.

Anyways I know most who follow recruiting closely are well aware of his recruitment story, but thought the rest should know.