Class of 2016 - LB Zachary Kastenhuber (CT) Verbal to Harvard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Zachary Kastenhuber (CT) Verbal to Harvard

SVCS .. near Morrisville ... we played them in preseason and in a holiday tournament ... he sent one of my jumpshots about 8 rows into the stands.
Sauquoit Valley?

You played for Stockbridge? If you played against Foyle you were a little ahead of me, but, when I played they always had a holiday tournament that would bring in 30-40 teams. To this day, I think it was the best youth basketball tournament I ever played in, and we traveled all over the state.

Yes Stockbridge ... 92-95

We weren't bad but we were more known for baseball in class D.
I follow Class D basketball because I went to a Class D school, and I seem to remember always seeing Stockbridge.

I follow Class D basketball because I went to a Class D school, and I seem to remember always seeing Stockbridge.

We showed up in sectionals a lot but when i was there we usually won 1 or two games then an exit .. after I graduated I think they had a couple good runs. But get this my coach for my junior and senior years at SVCS was none other than Jeff Cornish ... I'm sure you know that name by now.

We showed up in sectionals a lot but when i was there we usually won 1 or two games then an exit .. after I graduated I think they had a couple good runs. But get this my coach for my junior and senior years at SVCS was none other than Jeff Cornish ... I'm sure you know that name by now.
Yikes

Yikes

Yeah you could tell he was trouble way back then ... he used to brag about his access to the program but I had no idea what he was doing with all that shifty stuff. Plus to be honest he couldn't have spent too much time with Boehiem because he wasn't a good coach LOL. I remember trying to explain to him a high/low set Georgetown would run on a bus trip home and it went right over his head. Not quite a tactical guy if you know what I mean.

Yes Stockbridge ... 92-95

I attended Poland up through 8th grade, which would have been 82-83. Only thing I remember about Stockbridge is we destroyed them in an 8th grade basketball game 72-8. I remember it because it was my best game ever - 5 points! lol.

I attended Poland up through 8th grade, which would have been 82-83. Only thing I remember about Stockbridge is we destroyed them in an 8th grade basketball game 72-8. I remember it because it was my best game ever - 5 points! lol.

Poland and SVCS stopped playing each other for a while due to a brawl breaking out in one of their games. I think they went about 10 years without playing each other.

Poland and SVCS stopped playing each other for a while due to a brawl breaking out in one of their games. I think they went about 10 years without playing each other.

Woah, didn't know that. lol. A brawl between two podunk schools.

Woah, didn't know that. lol. A brawl between two podunk schools.

Yeah it was a real slobberknocker ... not uncommon in the small school world though. I have heard of it happening quite a bit. I played against Poland in some summer leagues that were held in Waterville ... the summer leagues were a blast.

Yeah it was a real slobberknocker ... not uncommon in the small school world though. I have heard of it happening quite a bit. I played against Poland in some summer leagues that were held in Waterville ... the summer leagues were a blast.

Living in the Houston area, I pine for living out in the sticks. I want to move further West or Southwest in this area because I can't stand the congested feel. Even though I do have a couple acres right now, it's still in a subdivision. Nothing like living out in nowhere, away from the hustle bustle of a big city.

Living in the Houston area, I pine for living out in the sticks. I want to move further West or Southwest in this area because I can't stand the congested feel. Even though I do have a couple acres right now, it's still in a subdivision. Nothing like living out in nowhere, away from the hustle bustle of a big city.

I live in an Atlanta burb so believe me I am with you ... Stockbridge was so damn small and it still is ... they don't even have a single traffic light. The only true negative was having to drive a good long distance to go do anything at all ... but man do I miss the freedom of living out there.

Agreed. It looks bad and I cringe at the people in Syracuse.com comments bitching about losing a kid to Harvard, but yeah, it was an academics thing. He chose Harvard academics over Syracuse football, basically. Not Harvard football over Syracuse football.

Must be trending...

When I was in HS, a LB from a rival school was set to go to Florida (believe he was a 4 or 5 star), and wound up choosing Princeton instead so he could play football and lacrosse. It happens.

When I was in HS, a LB from a rival school was set to go to Florida (believe he was a 4 or 5 star), and wound up choosing Princeton instead so he could play football and lacrosse. It happens.
Yep. Plus, people are starting to think more about the long term. Look at the dude - whose name escapes me - who just retired from the 49ers at the age of 25 because he's focused on having a good life after football. Some people are just thinking more about life after football these days.

Yep. Plus, people are starting to think more about the long term. Look at the dude - whose name escapes me - who just retired from the 49ers at the age of 25 because he's focused on having a good life after football. Some people are just thinking more about life after football these days.

Chris Borland