leaving new mexico... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

leaving new mexico...

There's a few other interesting cats I remember from the newspaper forum.
Threats of fisticuffs and such.

“Venicecuse” isn’t bad at all. I like it. But “newmexicuse” is you. And has been forever.

Good luck with the move and safe travels. Hope you enjoy your new stomping grounds.

Welcome back to ACC country.
This. Congrats on the big move, and enjoy the new digs! Maybe one of these days, we'll meet up. I missed my chance with TexanMark while he was just down the road in San Antonio, but hope springs eternal.

You could combine both places and become Venimexicuse.

Good luck in your new location. Not sure where you were in NM but the humidity will certainly be higher, but west coast of FL is nice. I have a brother who lives in Tampa and I have been to Ft Myers Beach area numerous times. Publix is a good grocery store.

Welcome to FL. Leaving Tampa for Texas in 2 weeks myself. Lived here for about 2 years. If you're a baseball fan, the thing I enjoyed most besides the beaches was having access to so many spring training sites within a short drive.

“Venicecuse” isn’t bad at all. I like it. But “newmexicuse” is you. And has been forever.

Good luck with the move and safe travels. Hope you enjoy your new stomping grounds.

Welcome back to ACC country.

He was originally Mission Man, IIRC. I liked that name.

Welcome to FL. Leaving Tampa for Texas in 2 weeks myself. Lived here for about 2 years. If you're a baseball fan, the thing I enjoyed most besides the beaches was having access to so many spring training sites within a short drive.
And $7.11 tickets to Rays games.

I forgot...where are you heading to?

OrlandoCuse proudly living in Dallas. For a brief time I lived in Seattle and went by SeattleCuse.

Too difficult to change names on this board. Stay newmexicuse.

i have truly loved my 20 years in the land of enchantment.

however, my wife wanted to be closer to grandkids, family, and friends, so we have just sold our beautiful nm home, and we are off to a new life in venice, fla.

for me it was a long process, but i am now totally embracing the change and i am very much looking forward to a new lifestyle down in florida.

venice is a beach town halfway between tampa and ft. myers. it even has a doggie beach.

we were fortunate to find a lifestyle and scenic community, toscana isles, where our new home will be.

anyways, in honor of my time spent in nm, i intend to keep my newmexicuse moniker. does venicecuse have quite the same ring to it ?

we are presently driving from nm to florida, and we will be trying to dodge hurricane barry by staying north through atlanta.

my best wishes to all affected by this storm, especially the unfortunate new orleans residents. maybe it is time to let the sea claim that beautiful city.
I’m a couple miles south of Venice! Great area, welcome!

I've heard a lot of good things about Venice. It hasn't grown up too much quite yet but sounds like it's starting to.

Little more south of that in Punta Gorda. But go there often, really nice area. Sarasota is one of the nicest places, especially Lido Key.
I have a friend (Boz Scaggs) who plays shuffleboard there. He made millions in the music business.

Little more south of that in Punta Gorda. But go there often, really nice area. Sarasota is one of the nicest places, especially Lido Key.

My mom lives in Sarasota. My uncle lived in both Sarasota (moved in the 70s) and then moved to Venice (he lives in San Fran area now). I’m a huge fan of Siesta Key. Great little village with fun bars and restaurants. Broken Egg, Daiquiri Deck, Big Olaf’s ice cream, Siesta Key Oyster Bar.

That is A-1 name dropping, sir!
Actually my sister knew him. She did the financials for several San Francisco based acts back around 1978-81. (Journey, Santana, Boz Scaggs and Tommy Tutone)

Several instances of strung out musicians coming in for an advance on their royalties to bury their Mom for the third time.

My comment was actually a play on one of his hit songs (Lido Shuffle) and Lido Beach.

I don't understand why more New Yorkers don't just downgrade to a smaller home so they can live upstate in summer-fall and then head south from winter-spring. Businesses should start pitching the idea of seasonal offices to keep NYers from fleeing the state -- it just might appeal to college graduates and empty nesters.

I don't understand why more New Yorkers don't just downgrade to a smaller home so they can live upstate in summer-fall and then head south from winter-spring. Businesses should start pitching the idea of seasonal offices to keep NYers from fleeing the state -- it just might appeal to college graduates and empty nesters.
That’s my plan. Some time in the next 5 to 8 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom