Ledo update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ledo update

...as does At their request, this network is being blocked from this site....here is blurb:

The dream backcourt is complete for the Providence Friars. Already with Kris Dunn in the fold, Providence now has his running mate in No. 25 overall prospect Ricardo Ledo. The 6-foot-6 scorer once again pledged his services to the Providence Friars.
Ledo must be a big fan of national holidays and Providence. The first time around Ledo committed to Providence on Christmas day, and after de-committing he again selected the Friars, this time on Labor Day.
Via text message Ledo confirmed the news that he has selected Providence, simply responding “yes” when asked if he committed to Providence.
By selecting Providence, Ledo becomes the third commitment for new coach Ed Cooley in the 2012 class. Ledo is the highest rated of the three joining Dunn, who is ranked No. 26 and three star wing Josh Fortune.
This pledge should vault the Friars at or near the top five of the current recruiting class rankings as it stands today, and also means the Cooley era is off to a great start.

...as does At their request, this network is being blocked from this site....here is blurb:

The dream backcourt is complete for the Providence Friars. Already with Kris Dunn in the fold, Providence now has his running mate in No. 25 overall prospect Ricardo Ledo. The 6-foot-6 scorer once again pledged his services to the Providence Friars.
Ledo must be a big fan of national holidays and Providence. The first time around Ledo committed to Providence on Christmas day, and after de-committing he again selected the Friars, this time on Labor Day.
Via text message Ledo confirmed the news that he has selected Providence, simply responding “yes” when asked if he committed to Providence.
By selecting Providence, Ledo becomes the third commitment for new coach Ed Cooley in the 2012 class. Ledo is the highest rated of the three joining Dunn, who is ranked No. 26 and three star wing Josh Fortune.
This pledge should vault the Friars at or near the top five of the current recruiting class rankings as it stands today, and also means the Cooley era is off to a great start.[/quote

Good for PU. They are my favorite of the have nots.

evan daniels tweeted something about it being interesting to see if not only he sticks to his committment but actually qualifies academically

also, some tweets going around that he might get to campus for the 2nd semester this year.

Speaking of Prov just watched @ Prov 2010 last night in a late in the day recovering from the inlaws laborday cook out induced drunken stuper . . . . . . . . and had the same reaction as I did live: Is this a real sceme by Keno? How long can Prov make these 3's, we are going to win, What did Andy just dunk? In a game? and last but not least Providence is rediculous why are they in the BE other than the league offices being there and the fact that they are a charter member!

Yep.. confirmed on his tweet I guess... so he is a PC commit ... until he decommits...again

In the last couple of weeks, when i thought we were 'in play' again, i found a video of Ledo. A simple interview. He said pretty much everything i would want to hear from a high school prospect. I figured, hey, maybe some mistakes were made, he's had a rough life... maybe he'll be okay.

But, i spoke to a player on one of his teams who told me he was booted from one of them for "cussing out the coach..." That's about the last thing we need. We've already got at least one of those guys. With more pressure and attention in the college game, and fewer minutes available, this kid + JB... tick-tick-tick-tick...

So, now that he's 'out of play' again, i suppose i'm relieved. The talent would have been nice, but who knows how it could have counteracted whatever we have now.

Wow! Goodman doesn't pull any punches in his article. At the risk of sounding like sour grapes, I'm relieved that we don't have to worry about Ricky Ledo. Character is equally as important as talent in many respects and hot headed kids certainly aren't who you want on your team. I trust that Jimmy B. and the rest of the coaching staff knows exactly what they are doing with respect to recruiting and I'm looking forward to a successful season with who we have in the fold right now.

How does someone without a High School diploma get admitted to college, much less get himself eligible to play under NCAA guidelines. Are there really any requirements these days?
Interesting Tweet from Zag... Ledo has left ND and will acquire his GED entering PC at the break ... Ya gotta be kiddin'... right?!!

Update from the archives:

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
Ricky Ledo NCAA situation still not finalized, but I'd be extremely surprised to see him eligible to play games this season at Providence.

Update from the archives:

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanCBS
Ricky Ledo NCAA situation still not finalized, but I'd be extremely surprised to see him eligible to play games this season at Providence.

What could this possibly mean for Noel's eligibility? Didn't he and Ledo hang around the same "friends of the family/program"?

What could this possibly mean for Noel's eligibility? Didn't he and Ledo hang around the same "friends of the family/program"?
I think his current issue is grades/transcript related. Probably something to do with the 4 different schools in 5 years he attended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom