LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

So LA showing up to the party where the fight occurred is “escalating?”
Are they assuming he went there looking for a fight cause that’s unfair to ASSUME, I don’t he went there to get punched so he could punch back. It sounds like he didn’t go there to fight, instead went to figure out what happened.

The puncher is the aggressor, and sounds like was the aggressor throughout the night. And honestly sounds like he’s probably been doing stuff like this for a while.

I myself was blamed for escalating a situation with kids I work with that resulted in the kid breaking my rib. I got blamed, police said I did nothing wrong. OCFS said I escalated it. Even my employer said nothing. A little devils advocate.

And this most definitely was a factor in Duce transferring.
I don't think Deuce was an innocent in all of this (in my experience people just don't randomly jump a guy), and I'm sure it played a role in his moving on. Bad combo for SU - NIL and some black ops board that has no checks or balances.

These stories about life at SU make me wonder why anyone goes there. Suspended for having beer in your room? The FIRE link? I mean who would want to go to that bubble environment of lollipops and chocolate sundaes.

I cannot wait until the whole entire ed system comes crumbling down. Change is needed.
The Marines aren't even this strict when comes to drinking.

I don't think Deuce was an innocent in all of this (in my experience people just don't randomly jump a guy), and I'm sure it played a role in his moving on. Bad combo for SU - NIL and some black ops board that has no checks or balances.

Sometimes college kids do randomly jump college kids. I saw some fights back in the day on M Street where some alcohol induced tough guys walking down the sidewalk purposely ‘bumped’ into another kid instigating a fight. 2v1. That’s jumping a guy imo.

It’s completely believable that some buzzed up tough guy tried to randomly pick a fight with a football player.

Sometimes college kids do randomly jump college kids. I saw some fights back in the day on M Street where some alcohol induced tough guys walking down the sidewalk purposely ‘bumped’ into another kid instigating a fight. 2v1. That’s jumping a guy imo.

It’s completely believable that some buzzed up tough guy tried to randomly pick a fight with a football player.
My buddy go into a fight outside of lucy's because some kid was drunk out of his mind and was just pushing people and shouting at them. Dude had no idea what he was doing but didn't mean he didn't deserve the beatdown my buddy gave him.

I will say this as a bigger guy and former college football player I’ve had people try to start stuff with me just for walking by them. I can honestly say I was just minding my own business. Jealousy, need to prove themselves, booze, drugs who knows, some people are just POS. Whether Allen came back or not to the party is irrelevant to me, fact is he got assaulted and defended himself. If Allen went home and the next day we was assaulted and defended himself would this been the same outcome with the punishment? My anger in this situation has shifted to disappointment and embarrassment.

If a stupid fight costs us a star CB and starting and potential star RB……we’re back to 2020 levels of scrubbiness and “get this stupid season over with, who cares”, as far as I’m concerned.

If we somehow have a good year, I’d take the best offer I could get and get the heck out of here if im Dino.

Syracuse University judicial affairs student board, when I was there, was staffed by academic overachievers who are terrified to appear soft on fellow students o they over-reach every time.

I had personal experience with it. My roommate was drinking in our dorm room my soph year. I wasn't in the room and hadnt been for hours. I think i had like 5 beers all of soph year (junior year was another story). But he was on my side because that is where our collective TV was (remember split doubles?). RA comes to the room. He says its mine. I come back to the room 8 hours later. Next thing you know, we are BOTH on probation for a year because that stupid student board just did what they do

It's a terrible terrible system
Funny enough when at OCC my roommates were drinking in our living room and I was in my bed room watching a movie. Noise complaint came in campus police showed up. I didn’t know I was in bed, and they knocked on my bedroom door. Again I was in bed I had no idea. I yelled out “what?” Twice and got no answer and when I got pissed I went to the door and saw to campus police who then told me to come out and when I did I saw like 30 people in the living room. Campus police said I was getting written up and a letter sent home that I was drinking. Campus police sent everyone that didn’t live in the room out. But my roommates knew I was gonna up told them I had nothing to do with it. Eventually they said I wouldn’t get in trouble. Lol

I only care about SU sports because it’s in Syracuse. That’s most of the fanbase too.

These dorks are making it hard to be a fan.
Without the athletic program, I wouldn't give two sheets about the school.

They'd maybe be Colgate or Lemoyne esque. Possibly closer to Hamilton.

Without the academic prestige of those schools.

If a stupid fight costs us a star CB and starting and potential star RB……we’re back to 2020 levels of scrubbiness and “get this stupid season over with, who cares”, as far as I’m concerned.

If we somehow have a good year, I’d take the best offer I could get and get the heck out of here if im Dino.
This happens at every school if you read enough local news. Football players are getting pulled over for DWI, getting into fights, caught with drugs, etc. Difference is the schools (especially state schools) dont allow their kids to get punished.

Duce appeared in the transfer portal on Tuesday, Dec 13 per a quick Google search. This incident occurred early Sunday morning, Dec. 11.

There’s also a 2 day “holding” period from when you notify your school you’re entering the portal and when you actually appear in the portal. I doubt the fight had anything to do with it. Both would have been the same day.

This happens at every school if you read enough local news. Football players are getting pulled over for DWI, getting into fights, caught with drugs, etc. Difference is the schools (especially state schools) dont allow their kids to get punished.
Or, the punishment is reasonable. This is completely unreasonable, based on everything we know.

Which isn’t right. I don’t want SU to be some lawless school where football players can run amok with impunity.

But there’s a canyon of difference between that and what happened here. It seems, anyway.

Sooo did Duce enter the transfer portal because he was staring down a suspension too? Or am I reading too far into this

No, he entered portal likely the day of this incident

I think if Duce was “guilty” of something, we’d know something by now.
Maybe it was talking to someone’s girl or that he’s a football player, stealing attention. Or maybe he said something to someone, but that does not equal getting jumped by 4-5 people. That’s absurd as well.

I'm a townie. But it goes beyond the football program - if I had attended Cuse, I'd be ashamed of the University as a whole for choosing to establish this charade, and allowing it to persist. The cure is worse than the disease.

I can't even tell you how many times I got punched in the mouth before I was 22. Half the time I woke up the next morning and didn't even know who had hit me, I just cracked another beer and got ready for Saturday night
Sounds like you and I were equally mouthy back in the day.

well someone could bump up his NIL money to offset the costs of not being able to pay to go to school without a scholie. a couple thousand Free LA t-shirts walking around campus would be fun to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom