LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

It would seem to me that then University could end this nicely by announcing they are lifting the suspension before 1:30pm. I mean, I do PR and Crisis Comm for a living and that would be how I would advise them.
You have to find a way to lift the suspension without sacrificing equity/justice precedent in prior cases or else you are opening up a can of whoopass from the general student population. If there is a precedent that this is the standard punishment, then they need to do some critical thinking to find a constructive way out of this mess without getting too much egg on their face. There needs to be some "new" facts discovered.

You have to find a way to lift the suspension without sacrificing equity/justice precedent in prior cases or else you are opening up a can of whoopass from the general student population. If there is a precedent that this is the standard punishment, then they need to do some critical thinking to find a constructive way out of this mess without getting too much egg on their face. There needs to be some "new" facts discovered.
The fact that the people involved are morons with no sense of justice and have an incredibly odd way of applying the code of conduct could be a new fact to some.

punishment needs to fit the crime.

school punishment for this you would think probation and community service would suffice.
Team punishment 1-3 games would be fine.

Semester punishment let alone 2 for this type of stuff is crazy.
Getting suspended for one game that takes place roughly 9 months after the incident is stupid too.

My guess is that the relatively lengthy time without comment by SU means that they're trying to find a face-saving way out of this. Without of course bruising the egos of their overpaId administrators.
I think they’re waiting for this to blow over and just go away in classic SU fashion. Like others in the thread have mentioned, the pressure needs to continue. Don’t let up.

The incident happened at the end of the Fall semester in ‘22. He’s able to matriculate for the Spring ‘23 and first Summer Session on ‘23. Then he gets suspended for the second Summer Session and Fall ‘23 semester? Is that correct?

The incident happened at the end of the Fall semester in ‘22. He’s able to matriculate for the Spring ‘23 and first Summer Session on ‘23. Then he gets suspended for the second Summer Session and Fall ‘23 semester? Is that correct?

You're raising an interesting point -- why couldn't the two semesters be summer session #1 and summer session #2?

We’re in the Second Circuit boss.

Free tuition isn’t compensation?

Do they pay taxes on that compensation? I had to pay taxes on a tuition benefit for my masters. They pay $0 in taxes for their tuition benefit.

Her's is a paid position, right?

University employee, probably in some student affairs capacity. Looks like she decided the punishment before ever meeting with Allen, and then wouldn't budge on what she'd pre-decided the penalty should be.
At least, that's how I interpret what the article laid out.

Or, the punishment is reasonable. This is completely unreasonable, based on everything we know.
I agree with that, I just dont think the player behavior is something SU-specific. The response is though for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom