LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

25 years ago, when I was dragged in there, it was an absolute kangaroo court.

"Why was there alcohol in your dorm room at 7pm on Saturday?"

"I don't know. I left the room hours earlier and was across campus at a friend's dorm. I didn't even return until well after midnight"

"Your roommate said it was your alcohol"

"It wasn't. I wasn't there all day. He was drinking. I barely drink and have never bought alcohol. He brought it in and was playing playstation with his friends and drinking. That is what the RA found. I was never even there."

"You are guilty. One year probation."

They have a pre-determined outcome in mind and nothing will change it.
Yep, I'll second that. Freshman year was hanging out with a buddy in a dorm on a Saturday night and we visited some sophomore floormates who had a suite. One dude was very drunk and had a bag of empty cans of beer. Dude was loud (yes, looking back, I should have just left the room). RA heard the noise, came in. I had zero to drink that night as well as my friend. We both got written up for drinking, had to have a meeting with judicial affairs and I also received one year probation along with a nice letter about alcohol and drinking, code of conduct etc. Yes, I should have left the room, but I had zero to drink. I was mad-I told the RA-test me right now, I've had nothing-didn't matter. Predetermined outcome.

I think the syr.com article adds a little bit of nuisance that we've been missing.

Timeline sounds like Duce gets jumped at a party and leaves the party. Calls LA, tells him he got jumped, they get together and decide to return to the party, to retaliate is the only logical explanation at 2am.

This probably is why whomever is making decisions has taken self defense off the table.

LA and Duce went looking for a fight and found it...
OK did not catch that. Regardless, it is still self-defense if somebody punches you first. Period end of story.

Yep, I'll second that. Freshman year was hanging out with a buddy in a dorm on a Saturday night and we visited some sophomore floormates who had a suite. One dude was very drunk and had a bag of empty cans of beer. Dude was loud (yes, looking back, I should have just left the room). RA heard the noise, came in. I had zero to drink that night as well as my friend. We both got written up for drinking, had to have a meeting with judicial affairs and I also received one year probation along with a nice letter about alcohol and drinking, code of conduct etc. Yes, I should have left the room, but I had zero to drink. I was mad-I told the RA-test me right now, I've had nothing-didn't matter. Predetermined outcome.
Sounds unfortunately reminiscent

Also, I don't know if anyone put two and two together, but this incident may have contributed to Duce transferring out.
I imagine it played a part.

Sounds like Duce might’ve been moving one step ahead of consequences from that night.

Reading between the lines it also sounds like he might’ve been behaving poorly.

I don’t know many college kids who go to a party and decide to jump a football player for $chits & giggles.

References to accusations of a separate altercation involving a female make me wonder if Duce said or did something to provoke getting jumped.

“Nothing good happens after midnight” remains undefeated.

IF this is an accurate representation of what occurred…. then SU should be f—-ing ashamed it itself. What a load of horse crap. Basically Allen got suspended because he was honest, and he punches harder than the dope who hit him first. Asinine.

BTW, whether LA gets reinstated or not, this will having lasting damage on recruiting. This is bad, who wants to sign up to get railroaded at SU when you have other legit options. Real bad, but it's the 'Syracuse Way' evidently.
Yup. If I were another coach I’d share this story with every recruit that’s considering SU. Clown show.

Welcome to Community Standards​

Community Standards (formerly Student Rights and Responsibilities) is committed to providing a fair and engaging process for the resolution of alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct. We aim to cultivate a safe and secure environment in which all students can succeed and grow as engaged community members.

Most of the personnel on this Community Standards Committee have only been on there for a few years.

Carroll should be fired.
And the OCS should be shut down if they refused to consider the circumstances leading up to the punch.
If you fear bodily harm, you have every right to self defense. Getting punched in the face twice is a damn good indicator that someone is intending to inflict bodily harm on you.
The police do not appear instantly when you need protection.

Last edited:
Honestly how many people call the police on avg night when a fight takes place unless you are trying to get someone arrested or actually stop a worse event from happening. Calling police only escalates things in those types of deals and everyone knows it.

Email to: chancellor@ syr.edu

Subject line: #FREELEQUINT
Email to: chancellor@ syr.edu

Subject line: #FREELEQUINT
Thank you for contacting the Chancellor’s Office. Due to the volume of emails received by this office, please accept this email as acknowledgment of receipt of your communication. If you are seeking assistance on a university matter, you will be contacted.

If you are experiencing an emergency situation where your safety or health is at risk or that of any member of the Syracuse community - students, faculty or staff- please contact the Department of Public Safety at 711 or 315-443-2224.

Thank you.
Office of the Chancellor
syracuse.edu | chancellor.syr.edu
Syracuse University

Welcome to Community Standards​

Community Standards (formerly Student Rights and Responsibilities) is committed to providing a fair and engaging process for the resolution of alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct. We aim to cultivate a safe and secure environment in which all students can succeed and grow as engaged community members.

Most of the personnel on this Community Standards Committee have only been on there for a few years.

Translation:

An ordinary student is free to sucker punch an athlete without any repercussions.

Thank you for contacting the Chancellor’s Office. Due to the volume of emails received by this office, please accept this email as acknowledgment of receipt of your communication. If you are seeking assistance on a university matter, you will be contacted.

If you are experiencing an emergency situation where your safety or health is at risk or that of any member of the Syracuse community - students, faculty or staff- please contact the Department of Public Safety at 711 or 315-443-2224.

Thank you.
Office of the Chancellor
syracuse.edu | chancellor.syr.edu
Syracuse University
I would e-mail Josh Rich
Josh Rich
jdrich @ syr.edu

I’m normally for 100% transparency. However, in this case it would 100% lead to people on this board harassing, and possibly threatening, SU students.

Now, I think the notion of a student-led disciplinary board should be scrapped. But as long as it exists, I don’t want chuckleheads here and on Twitter threatening 20 year olds.
wasn't referring to naming names, just how the process works...and we have now looked underneath the rock and have seen the counterintuitive process that was employed, yikes

These stories about life at SU make me wonder why anyone goes there. Suspended for having beer in your room? The FIRE link? I mean who would want to go to that bubble environment of lollipops and chocolate sundaes.

I cannot wait until the whole entire ed system comes crumbling down. Change is needed.

So LA showing up to the party where the fight occurred is “escalating?”
Are they assuming he went there looking for a fight cause that’s unfair to ASSUME, I don’t he went there to get punched so he could punch back. It sounds like he didn’t go there to fight, instead went to figure out what happened.

The puncher is the aggressor, and sounds like was the aggressor throughout the night. And honestly sounds like he’s probably been doing stuff like this for a while.

I myself was blamed for escalating a situation with kids I work with that resulted in the kid breaking my rib. I got blamed, police said I did nothing wrong. OCFS said I escalated it. Even my employer said nothing. A little devils advocate.

And this most definitely was a factor in Duce transferring.

The Chancellor is the only one that can rectify this fiasco. And, not just Allen's case, but the entire Community Standards ecosystem. I doubt he will do anything on his own volition. Pressure needs to be brought, both from grassroots, and the BOT. This really could be a straw/camel's back moment for me; and hopefully others as well.

These stories about life at SU make me wonder why anyone goes there. Suspended for having beer in your room? The FIRE link? I mean who would want to go to that bubble environment of lollipops and chocolate sundaes.

I cannot wait until the whole entire ed system comes crumbling down. Change is needed.
How was Syracuse named the best Party School in the Nation a few years back. Suspended for having a beer in your room, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom