LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

It still is. It’s ranked 28 as of 2023 according to Niche. Google is your friend.. Jeezus some of the fables that take a life of their own here.
Exactly. Especially when the "point" being made uses erroneous data and/or facts, in addition to being totally beside-the-point. Smdh

Also important to understand the methodology of rankings sites. Some sites specifically factor in cost in a very big way. If school A is 10% better but costs 50% more it may get bumped down. I dunno. Just saying not all sites are equal.

Back to LaQuint -- have there been any updates today?

I saw a post a few pages back suggesting that an injunction has been granted, but not seeing anything confirming that.

I believe that it was talked about in the original story.

I believe it has been held until court date in July which I believe allows him to register for classes? But I could be wrong on that

I thought you were kidding about Newhouse. It used to be #1 in the nation. How did that happen? This was a selling point for SU in admissions.
Syracuse is the number 2 school currently for sports broadcasting.

He’s done. If FIRE and someone from Landazza’s team couldn’t make a successful First Amendment argument in a case involving only speech, this one has no chance, none, absent some novel or overlooked argument. NYS court basically said, you’re out of luck, private entity, they can do whatever they want to you as long as it doesn’t directly contradict a written policy.

Best part of the opinion was the concurrence calling out the stupidity of the school’s policy.

I’d really like to see the suit filed by LA’s attorneys.

This is much bigger than athletics and those with a stake in the school are going to have to pursue other, creative means to effect change. Lots of options on the table.
I think you're right (if this proceeds to a decision). Hopefully they'll adjust the penalty via a settlement.

This was the reason that I said earlier in the thread that this is going to be a tough case for LeQuint. And even if SU reduces the suspension to one semester, it takes him out of the football season.
Summer is a semester.

This was the reason that I said earlier in the thread that this is going to be a tough case for LeQuint. And even if SU reduces the suspension to one semester, it takes him out of the football season.
Some enterprising student group should invite an attorney to campus as an invited speaker, to address the topic of "Lessons from the Lequint Allen" case. And proceed to advise on how to avoid running afoul of the kangaroo court, what to do, what not to do, etc.

Help me here. It seems to me that the school can do anything they want to do. If the Chancy came out and said I'm reducing the punishment to the summer session. What could anyone say? It isn't like this is the U.S. Constitution. These are our rules. And who would anyone complain to? And who would complain in the first place. Oh I'm sure that some group would do some sniping but so what.

All I can offer as a non-lawyer is this... I was president of our local lacrosse club in NJ when we rewrote our bylaws and policies. The way it was explained to me by our legal advisors was that you have a right as a private entity to create your rules, but you're obligated to abide by them once they are established.

Last edited:
I give Lequint a lot of kudos for sticking around and trying to fight this.

He could have just portaled out of here before the window closed... 9 out of 10 players probably would have.

I wonder if he will regret that decision and the draconian review system, tenets, and people that run it win the day?

Syracuse is the number 2 school currently for sports broadcasting.
Yup... the rankings that come up on Google are getting less and less meaningful. Cuse has one of the deepest, if not the deepest, benches of people actually working in the fields related to most of the majors found in Newhouse. We just went through all this with our kids and took north of 20 tours at schools all around the country. When we talked to faculty elsewhere about Newhouse, their reaction to it and discussion of it speaks for itself.

As an aside, one of our neighbors has a friend whose daughter just applied out of Newhouse for a position that had over 750 high-quality applicants. She got the job. That's where the rubber meets the road.

All I can offer as a non-lawyer is this... I was president of our local lacrosse club in NJ when we rewrote our bylaws and policies. The way it was explained to me by our legal advisors was that you have a right as a private entity to establish your rules, but you're obligated to abide by them once they are established.

Yeah, I think the school is in a tough spot... they have these draconian rules and processes that clearly don't function properly - but it's WHAT THEY HAVE.

If a senior administrator steps in and quashes the ruling as excessive and ill-begotten, the NCAA will have exactly what it needs to cite the school for a violation of "preferential treatment to a student athlete" or whatever the technical term of the week is for it.

Stupid, draconian policies and processes yield stupid and draconian results, sadly.

...and we know if there is an opportunity to nail us with a violation, the NCAA won't miss that opportunity on Syracuse...

I def partaked in all those neanderthal frat activities at Syracuse. Not gonna apologize for it either. I also stayed closer to those mouth breathers for 25 plus years now. Most of the undergrad frat stuff is juvenile. So what?

Us cavemen go to games, stay engaged w the school and are good reps of the great SU experience.
IMG_4841.jpeg

My frat days where the best.

I'm not sure that the NCAA would make an exception for a kid transferring due to a disciplinary matter (despite the consensus that the punishment doesn't fit the crime).
But one of the specific called out exceptions is a scenario where the student athlete's scholarship is impacted,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom