LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I give Lequint a lot of kudos for sticking around and trying to fight this.

He could have just portaled out of here before the window closed... 9 out of 10 players probably would have.

I wonder if he will regret that decision and the draconian review system, tenets, and people that run it win the day?
I get the feeling there will be a lynching in the form of a boycott if this stupidity isn't overturned.

Perhaps people should email ADJW and let him know that while he doesn’t directly impact the decision on Lequint (I believe if it was up to him this would be reversed immediately) that the decision by the school will impact him and donations to his programs.

That way he can pass the news on to the chancellor
I included ADJW in my email to the Chancellor yesterday afternoon. His email is jwildhac

Last edited:
All I want to see is an insider saying this is being addressed and we can move on with our lives.

This article is the first time I have read there was some question as to who threw the first punch.

I read that in the timeline article posted yesterday, because there's no official record. So it is what Allen said occurred versus an unofficial statement provided by the other guy.

But qualitatively, I'm not sure that it is net-new information as presented by Axe. He's just saying that nobody knows for sure.

I thought you were kidding about Newhouse. It used to be #1 in the nation. How did that happen? This was a selling point for SU in admissions.
About a week ago I saw a recent ranking of journalism schools. Newhouse was in the 30s. Northwestern was #1. There may be a different ranking of broadcast schools

About a week ago I saw a recent ranking of journalism schools. Newhouse was in the 30s. Northwestern was #1. There may be a different ranking of broadcast schools
If someone wants a job in broadcast journalism, especially in sports, then SU has to be top 2 with Northwestern. Newhouse as a whole I cannot say

I give Lequint a lot of kudos for sticking around and trying to fight this.

He could have just portaled out of here before the window closed... 9 out of 10 players probably would have.

I wonder if he will regret that decision and the draconian review system, tenets, and people that run it win the day?
Well he is RB1 guaranteed

I read that in the timeline article posted yesterday, because there's no official record. So it is what Allen said occurred versus an unofficial statement provided by the other guy.

But qualitatively, I'm not sure that it is net-new information as presented by Axe. He's just saying that nobody knows for sure.
The article yesterday does not actually make the claim that the other guy said Allen hit first.

Here is what the article says as far as the hitting.

“That 23-year-old student also suffered more injuries at the party, he told police. Ten days after the party, he wrote in an incomplete and unsworn statement to Syracuse police he had a tooth knocked out and injuries to his head, neck and face after fighting with SU football players.
………
According to Allen’s lawsuit, the student alleged Allen swung at him and pinned him against a wall while another football player punched him in the face.
……..
A witness told the hearing board she saw the student hit Allen first, he wrote in the affidavit. A DPS officer also testified at the hearing, Allen wrote.“

Key word below is significant. The question of fact is who caused the injuries. Sounds like the complainant got in a number of altercations .

11.6 Sanctioning Guidelines for Violence-Related Violations

CategorySanction
Physical harm or threat of physical harm without a weapon resulting in little or no physical injury to involved persons.Disciplinary Probation or Suspension. Participation in the Conflict Resolution Program, and the Options Program referral if alcohol or other drugs were a factor in the incident. Community service and/or other educational sanctions
Physical harm without a weapon resulting in significant physical injury to another person.Suspension or Expulsion

My reading of the appeal papers was that Allen provided eyewitness testimony as to that fact. I'll go back and look now.

EDIT - Allen states in his court papers that he had eyewitness testimony at the SU hearing that the other guy approched him and hit him first. And remember, the other guy did not even show up at the hearing so it really isn't even a "He said - He said." Its a "He Said - No Said". And SU actually said to Allen that it was his problem that the other guy was not at the hearing because it was Allen's responsibility to bring him to the hearing. How ridiculous of a legal system is that. Fitz is right.

Last edited:
My reading of the appeal papers was that Allen provided eyewitness testimony as to that fact. I'll go back and look now.

Pretty sure you outlined that in one of your previous posts too

The article yesterday does not actually make the claim that the other guy said Allen hit first.

Here is what the article says as far as the hitting.

“That 23-year-old student also suffered more injuries at the party, he told police. Ten days after the party, he wrote in an incomplete and unsworn statement to Syracuse police he had a tooth knocked out and injuries to his head, neck and face after fighting with SU football players.
………
According to Allen’s lawsuit, the student alleged Allen swung at him and pinned him against a wall while another football player punched him in the face.
……..
A witness told the hearing board she saw the student hit Allen first, he wrote in the affidavit. A DPS officer also testified at the hearing, Allen wrote.“

Seems to me that the highlighted section above implies it.

Doesn’t actually state it though, almost makes it sound like Allen missed and the second player is the one that punched him. And no mention of the preceding event that caused the punch by Allen.

The complainant initially alleged that Allen held him while another SU football player hit him. The story changed when the other player, with Allen's help, proved he was not even there. Must have had a strong alibi. SU initially filed charges against that other SU player and then dropped them once he proved he was not there. My understanding is that SU has still not charged the complainant.

The "victim" is all over the place - claiming Allen punched him while he was held. It turns out the guy holding him wasn't even there. Then according to witnesses, the victim was involved, and possibly injured, in other fights. This is not a credible basis to charge a student conduct violation let alone assault. The court dealt with it correctly (dismissal). I hope SU comes to its senses and settles the Article 78 proceeding before the fourth department is forced to make a decision.

Last edited:
All I can offer as a non-lawyer is this... I was president of our local lacrosse club in NJ when we rewrote our bylaws and policies. The way it was explained to me by our legal advisors was that you have a right as a private entity to create your rules, but you're obligated to abide by them once they are established.
Who is going to press the issue?

EDIT - Allen states in his court papers that he had eyewitness testimony at the SU hearing that the other guy approched him and hit him first. And remember, the other guy did not even show up at the hearing so it really isn't even a "He said - He said." Its a "He Said - No Said". And SU actually said to Allen that it was his problem that the other guy was not at the hearing because it was Allen's responsibility to bring him to the hearing. How ridiculous of a legal system is that. Fitz is right.

Is this a concern?

“Allen maintained he did not throw the first punch, his lawsuit says. But others at the party gave statements to police that raise questions about who threw the first punch.”

Is this a concern?

“Allen maintained he did not throw the first punch, his lawsuit says. But others at the party gave statements to police that raise questions about who threw the first punch.”
The Complainant changed his story several times and that is clear from the police statements that LeQuint himself added as Exhibits to his lawsuit papers. The initial claim was that he was jumped by several players and his girlfriend stated to the police that he was jumped. So in that regard there is some statement that the Complainant did not throw the first punch. But the being jumped story lacks credibility because the Complainant then changed his story to LeQuint holding him up while another player hit him. Then the other player proved he was not there which threw that story out the window. So the real question is what the hell is the Complainant's actual complaint. But we don't really know that because (1) the DA closed the criminal case, (2) the Complainant never showed up at the SU disciplinary hearing, (3) LeQuint did admit he hit the guy and (4) SU, at least on some level, does not care what actually went down because as soon as LeQuint admitted he punched the guy, that was case closed for the SU student disciplinary system.

Key word below is significant. The question of fact is who caused the injuries. Sounds like the complainant got in a number of altercations .

11.6 Sanctioning Guidelines for Violence-Related Violations

CategorySanction
Physical harm or threat of physical harm without a weapon resulting in little or no physical injury to involved persons.Disciplinary Probation or Suspension. Participation in the Conflict Resolution Program, and the Options Program referral if alcohol or other drugs were a factor in the incident. Community service and/or other educational sanctions
Physical harm without a weapon resulting in significant physical injury to another person.Suspension or Expulsion

Yeah, it sounds like Allen admitting to the punch gave them license to load the extent of the other student's injuries on to Allen, despite the other student's alleged involvement in other fights that night.

Must have been some punch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom