Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content

Just think back to those old “blackout” rules that used to in play. Syracuse Gtown was not televised in Syracuse if the game wasn’t sold out.
I guess that’s true. Though I was at the game, so I saw it.

You can get NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to YTTV. It’ll just cost more than if you bundle it together. Honestly you’re better off just getting the bundle for 4 months. Check this out:

As for MLB, personally I’d order the MLB.tv streaming product. Their app is the best, I’ve been buying that for years.

You’ll get ACC Network with YouTube TV, or if you keep DirecTV of course.

Easy peasy.

If you have T-Mobile they have been giving away the MLB.tv app for free for past 3 years or so (maybe more). I live in the area of my favorite MLB team but it's a superb app.

I'm debating getting the NFL Sunday Ticket but i'm usually a Red Zone guy with the Patriots on 95% of the time in the Boston market (weirdly i'm in the Providence market yet live in Massachusetts which does cause issues with the preseason games oddly enough).

Hokie Mark does a fine job covering ACC related topics on his blog.

In a recent article, he points out that the new arrangement with CW is for fewer games than the one with the RSNs. First time I have seen this pointed out.

The new agreement results in a decrease of football games covered from 17 to 13.

Men's basketball games go from 40 to 28.

Women's basketball games go from 25 to 9.

Looks like CW only wanted to do basketball games on weekends. The announcement said the basketball games would be shown in December, January and February. Men's games will be featured in Saturday doubleheaders (for 14 Saturdays?) and it looks like there will be a women's game on Sunday afternoons for 9 weeks.

If I can count, there are 13 Saturdays in December, January and February, so I am guessing they will show 2 games on March 2nd as well.

So the good news is that it appears CW is not going to be put in a position where a decision needs to be made whether to show those great CW weekday night shows or ACC basketball games.

So far, no one knows what will happen to the other games. It is such a small number, one would think they would go back to ESPN, where they would presumably end up on ACCN or one of the ESPN channels. There are definitely holes in the ACCN lineup on weekday nights when they end up showing precanned shows or replays of football games from the weekend. And as others have noted, there are big gaps where B1G content used to be shown on ESPN that need to be filled. These games will presumably help fill that gap.

CW just got NASCAR’s “minors.” ACC getting in first with CW might be a good thing as they seem to be going all in in sports.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom