Let me be clear | Syracusefan.com

Let me be clear

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I love Syracuse first and foremost.

I believe DB is the RIGHT guy.

BUT losing to MTSU at home is unacceptable. I was being sarcastic BC SS was beat up endlessly this week...

I don't care if it's SS or Vince Lombardi, Syracuse should never lose to MTSU at home, EVER.

I didn't mean to antagonize long time posters whom I respect greatly. But, I will not make excuses for DB on a day that he clearly lost.

The play calling was vanilla all game. That's on db thinking they could walk through this game. Yes players didn't play well today but we should never lose to a team like that.

I'll add that, this loss wasnt about Shaf anything. That was about as bad as I've ever seen players play. Coupled with a head scratching game plan and it was a disaster. I saw nothing with Shafs gameplan though that made me think wow he out schemed us.

Shafer was not beat up endlessly. Come on. It was written about 1000X that he's a great guy, everyone hoped he was successful, but he wasn't and it was time to move on.

From my view it seemed some posters forgot about his head coaching years based on the fondness they showed.

Shafer was not beat up endlessly. Come on. It was written about 1000X that he's a great guy, everyone hoped he was successful, but he wasn't and it was time to move on.
Well, yeah, if you go back, he was. The nicer ones were of the gist "Great guy, awful HC". To be fair, you didn't see the worst of them, unless you were quick. ;)

Well, yeah, if you go back, he was. The nicer ones were of the gist "Great guy, awful HC". To be fair, you didn't see the worst of them, unless you were quick. ;)

So then neither did Finwad. ;)

On offense we had Erv and nothing else.

You were pretty bad in that thread that was deleted.

If only Shafer was given year 4 to turn around the ship he was supposed to keep going in the first place...sighhhh
I wish I could give this a hundred likes.

Shafer was never going to turn it around.
We needed change. He didn't get screwed. He hit the lottery getting the SU HC job. No school was going to hire him as HC when SU.

The Shafer people make it so damn frustrating. Congrats he is a nice guy and he treated people well. He wasn't going to win enough at a P5 school.

There should have been a 15 yard unsportmanlike at the end when the kid faked an injury to avoid a penalty (resulting in a 1st down). It was blatantly in front of the ref.

That was nauseating. If our game wasn't so utterly irrelevant that would be lampooned everywhere.

There should have been a 15 yard unsportmanlike at the end when the kid faked an injury to avoid a penalty (resulting in a 1st down). It was blatantly in front of the ref.
If that isn't unsportsmanlike, what is? Said the same thing at the time. What a low-class program that was.

I wish I could give this a hundred likes.

Shafer was never going to turn it around.
We needed change. He didn't get screwed. He hit the lottery getting the SU HC job. No school was going to hire him as HC when SU.

The Shafer people make it so damn frustrating. Congrats he is a nice guy and he treated people well. He wasn't going to win enough at a P5 school.

Exactly. I get that he was good with local coaches and gave them a lot of access. Dino runs a tight ship. Apparently that's not buying him any friends. Still doesn't mean he's not the better HC. You're right, Shafer did not get screwed. He let the pressure get to him and cracked. He needs to stop acting like he was done wrong.

Well, yeah. But until it becomes a point of emphasis or find some way to legislate it, we (and others that run this type of offense) are going to have to deal with it. I don't see it getting any better. You're asking the refs to judge on the field whether a player is truly injured or not. Not gonna happen, IMO.

Still, bush league. I agree.

Well, yeah. But until it becomes a point of emphasis or find some way to legislate it, we (and others that run this type of offense) are going to have to deal with it. I don't see it getting any better. You're asking the refs to judge on the field whether a player is truly injured or not. Not gonna happen, IMO.

Still, bush league. I agree.
I can't believe that's not a penalty. Otherwise you'd see it every time an extra man was trying to get off the field.

If only Shafer was given year 4 to turn around the ship he was supposed to keep going in the first place...sighhhh

If only HCDB can get to 15 total wins after 3 years maybe he'll be retained. Only time will tell.

I don't post a ton here but i read alot and I am dumbfounded we ran 3 receiver sets all game long with a tight or fullback and never truly spread them out like last year. Dungy was staring at his receiver down and never looked away except to run. Really bad dback game as our corners were out of position often. Rb are not doing well at all except Elmore. Got out coached all game long. Case in point, they would run ball screen outside and we would have 2 covering three with no inside help to flats. They ran that all game and got 5 yds repeatedly. Head scratcher all game but done did do well and so did lb. Everyone else was bad. Also can't get too mad at Riley. He is really the smallest guy out there by 50 lbs and how good are we when we keep putting him out there. Small rant really sorry. I'm aggravated.