Let me be clear | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let me be clear

I hope SU does not run the option again because Dungey does not understand how that play works! Strickland walks into the endzone on that one play. I do not believe that Dungey is an intelligent QB or has the vision to see the entire field.

I thought Dungey looked intimidated in the first half. He has happy feet and only looks at one receiver. He doesn't look off anyone. He was very disappointing, I thought at times today the defense was very aggressive, but in the second half they layed back and got picked apart. The safety was a head scratcher. He had plenty of time to get a kick off. There is no one on offense who puts any fear into the defense. There's no playmakers. Dungey never looks in the middle of the field or SU just doesn't use it.

That's if you think Syracuse is a better team with more talent, especially at the skill positions. I don't.

I thought Dungey looked intimidated in the first half. He has happy feet and only looks at one receiver. He doesn't look off anyone. He was very disappointing, I thought at times today the defense was very aggressive, but in the second half they layed back and got picked apart. The safety was a head scratcher. He had plenty of time to get a kick off. There is no one on offense who puts any fear into the defense. There's no playmakers. Dungey never looks in the middle of the field or SU just doesn't use it.
Don't think Dungey had the time. There were so many plays where Dungey had maybe 3 seconds before he was screwed.

The blame can get shared across the board today. I would weight it most heavily toward the receivers, though, because the drops were killer and (to me) unexpected. After that I would place blame on Dungey. His running takes the ball out of the hands of his receivers and I think that can affect game flow as well. Finally on Babers who should have known how his oline would handle (or not) the MTSU blitz.

The blame can get shared across the board today. I would weight it most heavily toward the receivers, though, because the drops were killer and (to me) unexpected. After that I would place blame on Dungey. His running takes the ball out of the hands of his receivers and I think that can affect game flow as well. Finally on Babers who should have known how his oline would handle (or not) the MTSU blitz.

Did Dungey throw the ball away once? How many times did he run towards the sidelines and keep the ball way too long and get tackled for a loss? The play he hurt his knee on, he should've never even gotten tackled, that was a clear throw the ball away situation I thought. He didn't have much help at all, but he's really gotta learn when to cut his losses. I honestly think they targeted him with those late hits once they saw him limping. Complete BS on their part, but again...he shouldn't have been limping in the first place if he just threw it away.

I'll add that, this loss wasnt about Shaf anything. That was about as bad as I've ever seen players play. Coupled with a head scratching game plan and it was a disaster. I saw nothing with Shafs gameplan though that made me think wow he out schemed us.
not out schemed by shafer, but out schemed and out played by their offense and out coached for sure. hurry up offense needs to re-thought. players are not ready for this

Honestly Shafer people think he got screwed.

I still remember the ISIS press conference and thinking OMG this guy is in charge.

Shafer people think this guy was turning it around.

He turned it around right back where we were before Marrone came.

Honestly Shafer people think he got screwed.

I still remember the ISIS press conference and thinking OMG this guy is in charge.

Shafer people think this guy was turning it around.
What Shafer people?

Bottom line is Shafer's kids weren't mentally in the game.....other then a few they played awful.

not out schemed by shafer, but out schemed and out played by their offense and out coached for sure. hurry up offense needs to re-thought. players are not ready for this

Dude go away.

How'd your rutties do yesterday lol