Let The Buckeyes cheer now... | Syracusefan.com

Let The Buckeyes cheer now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantonio

Starter
They will not win a title anytime soon.

We get the better players.

They get one star with a bunch of scraps, which is why they can only feel good about making a Final Four rarely. They need the refs to give them the game...

When we go to the FF, we are always in the running for a Championship.

Not true of the Buckfuts...

lol no. they've been to the final four twice now since we last did, including a title appearance.

a runner up and a TBD? would rather have that than losing to them in the elite eight

a runner up and a TBD? would rather have that than losing to them in the elite eight

Shot better across the board. Assist to turnover ratio near equal. 'Cuse forced more steals and blocked more shots. AKA 'Cuse played a better game. They rebounded better but we still got off more shots than they did. Game came down to free throws...Hard to overcome when they others shoot 42 of 'em. Can't remember the last time 2 'Cuse players fouled out and three others had four. Can't even remember the last time five 'Cuse football players had four tackles or more.

Can't wait to watch a replay. I keep trying to tell myself I'm just being biased but I can't do it.

I guarantee if Sullenger lowers his shoulder and knocks down Zeller or Robinson next week a charge will be called

Well, since Matta's been their coach they've been the better program. They've been to 2 FFs vs one Elite 8 for SU. They were the runner-up in 2007 and probably will be this year. He recruits well, will most likely be there for many years to come, and I'm sure they'll do just fine in the future.

Scott thompson williams and ross are bug time recruits and barely play, they have a hell of a team and was the most talented we played all year

I guarantee if Sullenger lowers his shoulder and knocks down Zeller or Robinson next week a charge will be called

Yep. And if he F-bombs a ref, he'll probably be T'ed up.

They get one star with a bunch of scraps, which is why they can only feel good about making a Final Four rarely. They need the refs to give them the game...

You realize how whiny this makes you sound, right? They beat us. Hats off and move on.

I think Ohio State wins it all this year. Your post is nothing but sour grapes.

You realize how whiny this makes you sound, right? They beat us. Hats off and move on.

I really don't care, the refs gave them this game, & we are the better program, so shut the pie hole & stop criticizing my opinions.

Well, since Matta's been their coach they've been the better program. They've been to 2 FFs vs one Elite 8 for SU. They were the runner-up in 2007 and probably will be this year. He recruits well, will most likely be there for many years to come, and I'm sure they'll do just fine in the future.
No they have NOT been better.

They didn't win a championship, & that is ALL that MATTA'S...

Ohio State will be a good program, but Syracuse is GREAT.

WE get the better recruits, & we will be the dominant program for the next 20 years.

When OSU loses in the FF, Syracuse will be ranked ahead of them in the final rankings, because ONLY the champion gets the higher ranking regardless of record.

I really don't care, the refs gave them this game, & we are the better program, so shut the pie hole & stop criticizing my opinions.
Pot, meet kettle. "Stop criticizing my opinions." LOL. Dude, it's the internet. Welcome.

Pot, meet kettle. "Stop criticizing my opinions." LOL. Dude, it's the internet. Welcome.

It's fine to disagree, but when you start insulting people with words like whiny, you are inviting a verbal barrage of retaliation, & it's unnecessary.

There is a decent, respectful way to debate issues, & you don't know how to be that way...

I don

't think the refs "gave them the game". I might want to look closer to the ten laups the Orangemen missed If it wasn't ten is was sen or eight for damn sure. That would mean 124-16 point added to our score. A couple of ourbig stars got sucked into some humungous dark hole and ceased to shine. The names are not necessary as we all know who they are.:bat:

It's fine to disagree, but when you start insulting people with words like whiny, you are inviting a verbal barrage of retaliation, & it's unnecessary.

There is a decent, respectful way to debate issues, & you don't know how to be that way...
If you can't take being called whiny (and if you also think that is 'insulting'), maybe you 'd better step away from the keyboard for a while, Champ. Somehow, I don't think calling someone whiny is 'inviting a verbal barrage of retaliation'.

If you can't take being called whiny (and if you also think that is 'insulting'), maybe you 'd better step away from the keyboard for a while, Champ. Somehow, I don't think calling someone whiny is 'inviting a verbal barrage of retaliation'.

& this is why you need an attitude adjustment.

Rude people never understand the proper way to treat people. You are a douche.

& this is why you need an attitude adjustment.

Rude people never understand the proper way to treat people. You are a douche.
Someone's grouchy

People tend to forget. This is a tournament, & only the Champion gets the royal treatment.

ALL other teams, including the runner up, do not get shuttled near the front of the line in prestige if there are other teams that were better during the regular season.

Ohio State has not accomplished what Syracuse has in the past 10 years. It doesn't MATTA if they made 2 final fours in that time & were at the championship. They DID NOT win a championship, & Syracuse DID...

This season, Syracuse will ALWAYS have the better record than Ohio State, & if OSU can't win the title, SYRACUSE will be ranked higher than Ohio State in te final standings.

I fully expect Syracuse to be ranked #2 if Kentucky wins the Championship, because no other team even approaches their record this year.

Nice try, but if OSU loses in the NC game, they will be ranked ahead Syracuse. For sure. And 90+% that they will be ranked ahead of us even if they lose in the semis. They were ranked 7th, and they beat us.

No they have NOT been better.

As I stated, Ohio St has been better than SU since Matta became their coach. This is his 8th season there. Here's a few stats that I think are important:

OSU*: 6 NCAAs...14-5 record...2 FFs...221-64 overall record (.775)
...SU: 6 NCAAs...8-6 record...1 E8...214-70 overall record (.754)

(*note: OSU is still playing and their record stats will change next week)

Please post a few stats that support your claim that OSU hasn't been better than SU during Matta's tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom