Let the RU Meltdown commence | Syracusefan.com

Let the RU Meltdown commence

Not a surprise to anyone. Except the recruiting class and possibly Flood.

With the staff salary cuts/impending demotion of the BE/prospects of working for a poorly regarded HC, every assistant on RU that can get a job elsewhere is doing just that. Bad situation. I feel badly for the players and fans. They deserve better.

The high school coaches really did a number on some of their kids by letting them sign before the situation really stabilized.

"I know the school itself was a big draw for many of these students"

That's fantastic.

With the staff salary cuts/impending demotion of the BE/prospects of working for a poorly regarded HC, every assistant on RU that can get a job elsewhere is doing just that. Bad situation. I feel badly for the players and fans. They deserve better.

I don't.

We've had our share of coaching changes and fallout.

It happens and it's part of the business... Everybody takes their lumps when this sort of thing happens...

On the Banks is in Meltdown Mode Too:

Coaches Leave, No One Tells The Recruits - Only Grownups at RU are High School Seniors

I just spoke to a 2012 signee who will remain anonymous. He just confirmed that he was completely unaware of any pending or potential moves. In fact, his exact words were "shocked" if this was true.

It's rather remarkable they held their recruiting class together so well all things considered... as I am sure a number of LOI players will be second guessing themselves now...

Plus, there's no empathy for Rutgers or their fans... just like their's no crying in baseball... c'mon.

... and besides, would anyone expect anything less from Schady?... To fully raid the coaching cupboard as he lays yard out the door days before signing day??? The guy is a proven ...

Now wouldnt some of those recruits if they were told assistants would be staying as a part of their recruitment have just cause for breach of contract? and the NCAA would let them out of their LOI if they so choose to go that route?

Wow, insane.
From the Rutgers side of things of things, your entire recruiting class got the shaft.

From the TB side, you just picked up more or less the entire coaching staff from a team that finished in 4th place in the Big East.

they are in denial mode ... followed by immense anger

Doesn't pass the smell test. What would an NFL coach want with great high school recruiters and lousy coaches?

Cignetti's a big loss, I think. But yeah, it really appears that RU has cashed in their chips and is just hoping to live on Schiano's success on the recruiting path for the next few years. I mean, the math has to be incredibly painful for their fans:

$700K for head coach = not much for coordinators since they aren't going to be paid more than the HC

$700K for head coach = State likely not in great shape financially and looking to pull back on investment in the program

Stuck in BE = Far less TV money to supplement funding/endowment.

Schiano leaving = loss of a great salesman to help sprinkle perfume on what seems like a steaming pile of s--t.

I don't know -- it doesn't look good ... for them.

Doesn't pass the smell test. What would an NFL coach want with great high school recruiters and lousy coaches?
who else could he hire - these are the only guys in their right minds who would work for him.. if you are an experienced NFL asst coach, are you going to go work for schaino the first time HC!?

Now wouldnt some of those recruits if they were told assistants would be staying as a part of their recruitment have just cause for breach of contract? and the NCAA would let them out of their LOI if they so choose to go that route?

No.

Eh, I don't, those fans were on borrowed time even though most would puff their chests too much to admit it.

It's a shame JPO and others didn't hold off past signings day. Maybe they still would have ended up at Rutgers, but at least they would have made a real, informed decision. Oh, well. Sucks to be them. Again. For eternity.

This is just amazing because those assistants had to have had contact with Schiano before signing day. This is the best case scenario for Syracuse all around. We don't need their assistants to help us with recruiting, moreso to just burn any bridges they had assembled with those coaches. There cannot be a coach in NJ that will even let RU in the door next year after being burned twice..

Yeah, I would guess this will create a lot of bad blood. They really did sell their souls for this year's recruiting class.

Certainly, there's legal recourse, but that's a completely separate matter vs. NCAA ramifications.

Eh, no they don't. This is Rutgers we're talking about.